Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

I remember how upset SOTR got with me for laughing about it at the time!

Can't find my original post and can't really remember it. Must have been almost exactly 4 years ago by now... maybe got lost after the LS incident/when the site went down? Don't ever recall getting 'upset' about a discussion/argument regarding sport, ever on this, or any other forum. The reason I enjoy posting on these forums is because I enjoy debating football and sport in general. I honestly enjoy some of the heated debates I get into - it's one of the reasons I posting my thoughts and predictions. If I wasn't game for having them shot down, or critically analysed, then I wouldn't bother!

It's difficult to convey feeling via an online forum, but I think there has been a misunderstanding here bobo! I'm sure I argued my point vehemently, but as long as things don't get personal I'm generally good for it!

SOTR Serbia post will never be bettered.

Not sure who you are, but you seem to love having a crack at me for some reason! Even though I'm still crucified for it, I think held my hands up RE: the Serbia shout. As I recall, I put them out there as a potential dark horse to do well at the 2010 world cup - don't remember saying they could win it, or anything outrageous like that! Think I gave quite a good reasoned evaluation of their squad and why I thought they'd have a good run in the finals. In they end they finished bottom of their group and I held my hands up - I got it badly wrong!

Can't find my original post and can't really remember it. Must have been almost exactly 4 years ago by now... maybe got lost after the LS incident/when the site went down? Don't ever recall getting 'upset' about a discussion/argument regarding sport, ever on this, or any other forum. The reason I enjoy posting on these forums is because I enjoy debating football and sport in general. I honestly enjoy some of the heated debates I get into - it's one of the reasons I posting my thoughts and predictions. If I wasn't game for having them shot down, or critically analysed, then I wouldn't bother!

It's difficult to convey feeling via an online forum, but I think there has been a misunderstanding here bobo! I'm sure I argued my point vehemently, but as long as things don't get personal I'm generally good for it!

Not sure who you are, but you seem to love having a crack at me for some reason! Even though I'm still crucified for it, I think held my hands up RE: the Serbia shout. As I recall, I put them out there as a potential dark horse to do well at the 2010 world cup - don't remember saying they could win it, or anything outrageous like that! Think I gave quite a good reasoned evaluation of their squad and why I thought they'd have a good run in the finals. In they end they finished bottom of their group and I held my hands up - I got it badly wrong!

Hahaha it was something like you expect better from me or something.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I was watching Eurosport on my phone but it was some other shite being shown. I guess Murray was on the other Eurosport channel that I can't view on TV Catchup.

Murray through today. Dropped an unnecessary set there, like. Big match against Federer on Wednesday now. It's a tough one to call. Had Murray not just come back from back surgery I'd have said Murray to beat Federer all day long. I thought when Murray beat Federer in the semi final last year that Murray wouldn't lose to him in a big match ever again but the circumstances are unique this time and Federer was apparently putting on a dazzling display earlier today against Tsonga. I'm going to let my heart rule my head and I'll say Murray in 5 just like last year.

I was watching Eurosport on my phone but it was some other shite being shown. I guess Murray was on the other Eurosport channel that I can't view on TV Catchup.

Murray through today. Dropped an unnecessary set there, like. Big match against Federer on Wednesday now. It's a tough one to call. Had Murray not just come back from back surgery I'd have said Murray to beat Federer all day long. I thought when Murray beat Federer in the semi final last year that Murray wouldn't lose to him in a big match ever again but the circumstances are unique this time and Federer was apparently putting on a dazzling display earlier today against Tsonga. I'm going to let my heart rule my head and I'll say Murray in 5 just like last year.

Fed looked brilliant earlier on today. Tsonga has given him trouble in the past, but Federer absolutely destroyed him.

Tough one to call - It'll be a good yard stick for Murray post-surgery. I really have no idea where Murray is right now, because he hasn't faced anyone of note yet... We'll find out on Wednesday!

Time for my famous tennis predictions:

Nadal is world number one and the form player on tour, but I think Novak Djokovic will win the AO this year. Draw looks pretty lop-sided in favour of Djokovic. He has a clear run to the final and has a terrific record at the AO.

Classic.

• Upvote 4

Classic.

No one would have predicted that! He's won the last three AOs and did have a clear run to final! Probably the biggest grand slam shock since Soderling beat Nadal at Rolan Garros a few years ago... You could get wawrinka at 9/1 before the start of the match! As Dynamo stated, Djokovic was still odds on at 1-2 down!!

Will be an interesting semi final. I saw Berdych earlier on and he looked very, very good. He's probably been considered the best chance of winning a major outside the big 4, for the last few years. Depends how Wawrinka pulls up after that marathon.. two days to recover though. The slams have been completely dominated by the big 4 for so long, it's fantastic to see some else getting a shot at a final. With Murray, Federer and Nadal scrapping for the other final berth, they'll probably never get a better chance to win one for the rest of their careers. They'll be hoping those three tear strips off each other.

No one would have predicted that! He's won the last three AOs and did have a clear run to final! Probably the biggest grand slam shock since Soderling beat Nadal at Rolan Garros a few years ago... You could get wawrinka at 9/1 before the start of the match! As Dynamo stated, Djokovic was still odds on at 1-2 down!!

Will be an interesting semi final. I saw Berdych earlier on and he looked very, very good. He's probably been considered the best chance of winning a major outside the big 4, for the last few years. Depends how Wawrinka pulls up after that marathon.. two days to recover though. The slams have been completely dominated by the big 4 for so long, it's fantastic to see some else getting a shot at a final. With Murray, Federer and Nadal scrapping for the other final berth, they'll probably never get a better chance to win one for the rest of their careers. They'll be hoping those three tear strips off each other.

There were much bigger shocks last year at Wimbledon alone. Darcis beating Nadal and Stakhovsky beating Federer. Wawrinka is consitently in and about the top 10/20 where as these guys were outside the top 100.

There were much bigger shocks last year at Wimbledon alone. Darcis beating Nadal and Stakhovsky beating Federer. Wawrinka is consitently in and about the top 10/20 where as these guys were outside the top 100.

Aye to be fair you right enough, probably didn't phrase it properly. When I watched the match earlier, it just felt like a Soderling vs Nadal moment. Soderling beat Nadal during a period of dominance at Roland Garros, where he was seemingly invincible. Djokovic has similarly dominated the AO in recent years. 4 titles in total and 3 in a row.

Even then, I'd perhaps still argue those two results were greater shocks than Darcis and Stakhovsky. Federer went into that match in shocking form, and his star had begun to decline. Also, against Darcis, Nadal could hardly walk, never mind play tennis! This he missed about 7 months after losing that match!

Dont think today will be classed as a shock, did they not have a similar match last year or did I imagine that?<br /><br />Sotr, I'm unsure where your perceived feeling that I like having a shot at you comes from but I respect that you stick your neck out for these events. <br /><br />Some posts and peoples posting style is memorable and your Serbia post sticks in the memory box, that is all <br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Dont think today will be classed as a shock, did they not have a similar match last year or did I imagine that?<br /><br />Sotr, I'm unsure where your perceived feeling that I like having a shot at you comes from but I respect that you stick your neck out for these events. <br /><br />Some posts and peoples posting style is memorable and your Serbia post sticks in the memory box, that is all <br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

The bookies certainly classed it as a shock... given that Djokovic has been odds on favourite since the draw was made!

They will have absolutely cleaned up on this result!

A lot of talk about choking in thread, pretty unfairly in the main.... but Dimitrov has just choked spectacularly here against Nadal. On set point to take a 2-1 lead, forced Nadal off the court with a wide serve, had the entire court to bury the return, and win the set, from the service line... but somehow hit it out! That was a choke!