Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Was always hampered by his back on clay. Used to be in agony after some matches. His back operation sorted that problem and has allowed him to reach his potential on the surface.

There is no real reason he shouldn't do well on clay now... the rallies are longer and generally more tactical, which should suit his game. He's also one of the fittest players on tour, with arguably the best court coverage... the back surgery has allowed him to bring all that to clay.

Just beat Ferrer in 4 sets to progress to the semi-finals at Roland Garros.

Djokovic just inflicted only Nadals second ever defeat at RG. So we have another Djokovic vs Murray semi-final.

The draw was completely lop-sided this year, so the other semi sees Wawrinka vs Tsonga.

Do you think Murray can do it?

He's playing some of the best tennis of his career at the moment, since fully recovering from his back surgery, especially in the clay tournaments preceding Roland Garros.

Djokovic humping Nadal was no shock for me, Djokovic is in terrifying form.

Difficult to see past a Djokovic win but the way Murray's been playing you never know. This is clearly the 'final before the final', with the victor being a shoe-in for the title.

Do you think Murray can do it?

He's playing some of the best tennis of his career at the moment, since fully recovering from his back surgery, especially in the clay tournaments preceding Roland Garros.

Djokovic humping Nadal was no shock for me, Djokovic is in terrifying form.

Difficult to see past a Djokovic win but the way Murray's been playing you never know. This is clearly the 'final before the final', with the victor being a shoe-in for the title.

I wouldn't read to much into the Djokovic vs Nadal match. Murray beat Nadal easily in the final of the Madrid Open, on clay, a month ago.

Something is badly wrong with Nadal right now - hopefully he's not completely gone.

Having said that, if it goes to form Djokovic should win. Since beating him in the 2013 wimbledon final Murray has played Djokovic 7 time and lost every match. However, all these matches were played on hard courts. Murray has kicked on this year on clay and hopefully he might have a few surprised for Djokovic. We'll see. However, it'd still take a off-night for Djokovic to lose this one. He is just light years ahead of anyone else right now.

Could it be that Nadal no longer gets to take his special supplements and that's hampering his recovery and performance?

Or he is nearly 30. puts his body through great stresses with his type of play, and has had considerable amount of injuries the last 2 years.

Take it you missed it being the lead story on the bbc news at 10 last night?

The lead story on BBC news at 10 last night was FIFA.

But my point being, if its one of there own being implicated, it will be played down considerably more than if it is a competing nation.

All media outlets have there own politics to promote / play down. Why do you think the Guff media are now in full overdrive mentioning the WC2022 can be played in England. for their gain.

This break will only benefit djockovic

Murray was on top here and djockovic looked wrecked after some of the longer rallies.

Could argue eaither way really as Murray was using so much energy on some of his serves, must say though, there is no one better at holding from 0-30 or 0-40 than Murray, yes he shouldn't be in that situation but by fuck can he claw it back and grind the point out.

Rarely seen Djokovic rattled like he was in the 3rd, and also in the 4th set.

Even if Murray does lose this set and the match, he has shown a resilience that I like, previously if he had lost the first set to Djokovic he would be near certain to lose 3-0 in sets

Rarely seen Djokovic rattled like he was in the 3rd, and also in the 4th set.

Even if Murray does lose this set and the match, he has shown a resilience that I like, previously if he had lost the first set to Djokovic he would be near certain to lose 3-0 in sets

Tough luck with the weather, the momentum had swung in favour of Murray! So frustrating!

Needs to hope Djokovic gets out of the wrong side of bed, because if Djoko starts the way he did yesterday, this match will be over in about 40 mins.