Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

He's through the first round of the French open.

He had a small blip in the 2nd set which he lost, the rest was straight forward. I didn't think he was anywhere near his best yet.

There's something fundamentally wrong with Murray right now... He's had shingles and an elbow injury, granted, however, he's just been shocking this year. Complete contrast to last year sadly. Has reverted back to carrying on, gesticulating and shouting at his box again...

There's something fundamentally wrong with Murray right now... He's had shingles and an elbow injury, granted, however, he's just been shocking this year. Complete contrast to last year sadly. Has reverted back to carrying on, gesticulating and shouting at his box again...

Stopped taking peds when he became world number one.

SOTR was once again talking absolute pish earlier in the thread.

To be fair, one murrays form prior to today's match it wasn't a bad shout by SOTR but I hope he doesn't put money on tennis matches because he'd be skint.

Murray is finding some form again, del potro couldn't get near him in that third set. Murray destroyed him

He has just stopped trying for the nothing tournaments, as is the wont of the world number one.

Incredibly naive of SOTR not to realise that.

I attended every one of his matches at the Australian Open. He was exceptionally poor throughout.

He was brilliant yesterday though - his best performance this year by an absolute mile. It's come out of no-where though! Amazingly that is his first ever straight sets win over Del Potro. Having said that VDA, re-read my post earlier, I stopped short of predicting a del Porto win...just that it would be brutal - as his matches with Del Potro always are. All I predicted was that Murray will not win the French open this year.

The way things are with Murray right now, who knows what'll happen now. He'll have a big server in the fourth round, regardless of who makes it through- he usually deals well with those sorts, then it'd be Nishikori - who knocked him out of the US Open...

I attended every one of his matches at the Australian Open. He was exceptionally poor throughout.

He was brilliant yesterday though - his best performance this year by an absolute mile. It's come out of no-where though! Amazingly that is his first ever straight sets win over Del Potro. Having said that VDA, re-read my post earlier, I stopped short of predicting a del Porto win...just that it would be brutal - as his matches with Del Potro always are. All I predicted was that Murray will not win the French open this year.

The way things are with Murray right now, who knows what'll happen now. He'll have a big server in the fourth round, regardless of who makes it through- he usually deals well with those sorts, then it'd be Nishikori - who knocked him out of the US Open...

Nishikori isn't exactly on great form.

Plus he has a match on his hands against Chung.

Murray could well sense the opportunity in this tournament, as it's a major I would like to think he will find something and raise his level.

Desire may carry him through .

Think it's Nadal that is the man to beat though.

I've just put my house on Murray to win on the back of this comment.

Nishikori isn't exactly on great form.

Plus he has a match on his hands against Chung.

Murray could well sense the opportunity in this tournament, as it's a major I would like to think he will find something and raise his level.

Desire may carry him through .

Think it's Nadal that is the man to beat though.

Lop-sided draw in favour of Murray I'd say. Nadal and Djokovic on the other side... also Dominic Thiem, who's been the outstanding player behind Nadal.

Nishikori always causes Murray problems - should be a good match. Some reports Nishikori is carrying a wrist injury at the moment... we'll see.

He done enough without having to be at his very best, fairly routine performance from him I'd say.

Tactically brilliant. First time I've seen the Russian lad - looked a real talent. Serve was obvious a weapon and was massive off both forehand and backhand. Murray was beaten by a number of enormous winners. Didn't let himself get flustered though - which was a positive - and waited for errors. Serve was brilliant today. Murray rarely loses when serving those sort of percentages.

Lop-sided draw in favour of Murray I'd say. Nadal and Djokovic on the other side... also Dominic Thiem, who's been the outstanding player behind Nadal.

So the 1 player and seed shouldn't have the more straightforward draw than 2 or 3

Wawrinka, a multiple gs champ and former winner is in his half

So the 1 player and seed shouldn't have the more straightforward draw than 2 or 3

Wawrinka, a multiple gs champ and former winner is in his half

The number 1 & 2 should have a similar draw. You'd rather have Wawrinka (3) than Nadal (4) on your side at Roland Garros. Thiem is playing great stuff and clay looks like his strongest surface - he was a good one to avoid. Thiem vs Djokovic should be an absolute belter, later on today. We'll get a good measure of where Djokovic is at...