Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Agreed.

After the first set today I thought he was a goner but once again tennis shows what a difficult game it is to predict.

Sometimes it can be , but in general the big four pretty much come to the fore.

No federer at this one , Djokovic is fucked , so step in Dominic Thiem.

Rafa the man to beat , he looks like a monster again.

Fantastic semis and final in prospect , if Murray could win it , it would probably be close to his greatest win yet.

Long way to go though.

Thought Murray was very poor at times yesterday. Nishikori just seemed to disintegrate after the first set. Both players throwing in so many errors. Nishikoris serve just fell apart too! Hopefully just getting his dodgy performance out of the way... Having said that Wawrinka is looking in great touch right now! Going to have to lift significantly tomorrow.

It was a tough fight, but Murray gets to outclassed Nishikori. There's no room for error in the semi-finals as he meets Wawrinka who had an easy campaign against Cilic. I am excited to find out who will make it to the finals. I want to see Murray and Nadal go head to head on the French Open finals.

It will be the 18th time Murray has played Wawrinka, with the Briton having won both last year's meetings at the French Open and ATP Finals.

An added dimension to the contest is the fact that both men have won three Grand Slam titles, with Murray yet to win in Australia and France, and Wawrinka missing a Wimbledon victory.

The Swiss, 32, has won majors in each of the last three years and has been in scintillating form, hitting as many forehand winners (70) as Murray in three fewer sets, and six more aces at 30.

This semi should be a very interesting match.

Still think if Murray is at his best, he will beat Wawrinka.

The other semi is also very intriguing.

​Will go for a Nadal win.

​Murray V Nadal in the final.

Total capitulation in the 5th. Murray just ran out of gas sadly

Sad the way it ended. Not sure on the stats, but pretty sure Murray has an incredible record over 5 sets. Doesn't often get beat.

However think the fact he ran out of legs is really down to his preparation this year. Has has had shingles, a bad dose of the flu and an elbow injury. This, along with a loss of form, has resulted in a disastrous year to date. Its incredible really that he's gone this deep at the French open. He'd absolutely no form coming into the tourney.

Augers quite well for the rest of the season. Hopefully he's close to a level where he can compete for the big prizes again. The victories against del Potro and Nishikori - both more natural clay court players - should give him a lot of confidence.

Sad the way it ended. Not sure on the stats, but pretty sure Murray has an incredible record over 5 sets. Doesn't often get beat.

However think the fact he ran out of legs is really down to his preparation this year. Has has had shingles, a bad dose of the flu and an elbow injury. This, along with a loss of form, has resulted in a disastrous year to date. Its incredible really that he's gone this deep at the French open. He'd absolutely no form coming into the tourney.

Augers quite well for the rest of the season. Hopefully he's close to a level where he can compete for the big prizes again. The victories against del Potro and Nishikori - both more natural clay court players - should give him a lot of confidence.

Agree. Under normal circumstances would fancy Murray in a decider esp against wavrinka who I think is not as fit

Nadal in final for me as he is simply a better version of Stan on clay; a baseline slogger with no real guile but a forehand like an Exocet. Not expecting many lobs or drop shots just a lot of baseline smashes. And grunting, lots of grunting

Agree. Under normal circumstances would fancy Murray in a decider esp against wavrinka who I think is not as fit

Nadal in final for me as he is simply a better version of Stan on clay; a baseline slogger with no real guile but a forehand like an Exocet. Not expecting many lobs or drop shots just a lot of baseline smashes. And grunting, lots of grunting

Lots of hair fidgeting , bottle position fidgeting and lots of bum picking.

He loves a good pick of his drars oot his arse.

Sweaty hungry arsed spaniard.