Aberdeen Nightclubs

Ron1903

Alright folks,

I'm up in Aberdeen this weekend for the Oasis gigs, not been out in Aberdeen for a few years, was wondering what nightclubs are decent.

Prob prefer somewhere that plays indie/rock sort of music altho other recomendations are wlecome. Have been to Exodus before, it was no bad. Also heard Snafu/Tunnels are ok but not sure what sort of music it is on a Saturday, think Tunnels was soul or something last time I was up.

Anything to keep me away from Liquid would be good!

When does Private Eye's close? :ThumbsDown:

Oh and last question, whats Frank Mcdougalls bar called again? Might go there when get off the train, is it on the street beside the club shop?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank McDougalls bar is the Criterion.

Snafu and the Tunnels are decent, there might be a dj or a band or something on on a Saturday though.

Upstairs at O'Neils has some good tunes, just off of Belmont Street.

Where is the Criterion then from the train station? To the left or right?

Oh aye, heard of the one above O'Neils though it might be packed out by the time we get into town

Frank McDougalls bar is the Criterion.

Snafu and the Tunnels are decent, there might be a dj or a band or something on on a Saturday though.

Upstairs at O'Neils has some good tunes, just off of Belmont Street.

Agreed, also known as Squealers by some. :banghead:

As Robo says, most the places in Aberdeen are sh*t holes.

Retro Rooms is ok though.

!

I had one drink there, and that was the last time I was in there, also me and a known Buckie Thistle player (ex Peterhead) were close to fighting with 2 other guys over nothing. We had far to much to drink that night.

If its the same buckie player i think it is i very much doubt it was over nothing.

Moshulu is a nightmare to get served drinks. It also has very sticky floors which is very annoying. I personally wouldn' t recommend there for a night out. Saturday night at Tunnels should be a good night but it's dance music, probably not what your looking for. I'd say O'neils upstairs for the type of music your after. Exodus can be OK on the odd occasion, but full of emos!

Moshulu is a nightmare to get served drinks. It also has very sticky floors which is very annoying. I personally wouldn' t recommend there for a night out. Saturday night at Tunnels should be a good night but it's dance music, probably not what your looking for. I'd say O'neils upstairs for the type of music your after. Exodus can be OK on the odd occasion, but full of emos!

Might try tunnels then I like dance music but not sure if my pals will fancy it, think I tried to go before but was a strange soul night or something.

I'm quite into my dance music (last time was up tried to persuade my pal to go to some hardcore night at Kef, but he wasnt for it, maybe just as well!!). Will prob just decide on the night,