Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Thought Mayweather was far superior, although I really don't like him, you have to respect him. Even when Manny had him on the ropes and delivered 10 or 11 punches, Mayweather's guard was so well placed nothing really hurt him.

You could see from his counter punching how little Manny was hurting him, how he thought he had won I really don't know.

See they seem to be suggesting Amir Khan for his last fight if it's not Manny, can't see it.

Froch has been greeting for a Chavez jr fight in Vegas for ages. Fight ward again, that's the only fight that will make fans like you. During the first groves fight you saw how quickly fans turned on him, coz he is a meatus, and as for his brother, Christ almighty. his record is pretty damn good but he is a cock.

Pacquaio now saying he injured his shoulder 3 weeks before the fight. But told the nsac that he was fit to fight. Maybe there was a Ronaldo in France 98 type situation, too much money involved.

Foreman but his chops before the rumble in the jungle and they held that back. Different times I suppose.

Mayweathers the best just now, but if your comparing similar fighters, I reckon Whitaker was better. Duran, Leonard were just better as well. Watching the snooze fest, I think Khan should pray to Allah all the time so he can get a shot, but I doubt haymon will allow it.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of decent fights this weekend, expecting Khan to put on a show, he has a lot to prove right now and I think he'll get the win.

Mitchell v Linares should be an explosive fight, love watching Mitchell fight, he's just a warrior that leaves everything in the ring.

Joshua fight will probably be shit, it's a slightly better class of opponent for him this time and I really hope Johnson tests him and shows him up for just being a hype machine with potential.

Couple of decent fights this weekend, expecting Khan to put on a show, he has a lot to prove right now and I think he'll get the win.

Mitchell v Linares should be an explosive fight, love watching Mitchell fight, he's just a warrior that leaves everything in the ring.

Joshua fight will probably be shit, it's a slightly better class of opponent for him this time and I really hope Johnson tests him and shows him up for just being a hype machine with potential.

Is that not what every one has said, outstanding potential with much hype. he looks fantastic, and has done the business in the ring every time, albeit against hand picked opponents. I def think he is destined for the very top.

Looking forward to the UK fights tomorrow.

As for Khan, woeful amount of "fans" traveled to watch this fight, for what ever reason, he just lacks big interest.

Too many people for me are fawning over Joshua, he hasn't proved anything yet imo, he's beating guys that are horrific and not in a good fighting condition, his last fight was a complete farce, also love how Joshua finds the need to punch after the bell or when the ref steps in as the guys going down, he'll get a DQ eventually with a bit of luck.

Too many people for me are fawning over Joshua, he hasn't proved anything yet imo, he's beating guys that are horrific and not in a good fighting condition, his last fight was a complete farce, also love how Joshua finds the need to punch after the bell or when the ref steps in as the guys going down, he'll get a DQ eventually with a bit of luck.

Don't you want to see heavyweight title fights come to the U.K again?

What is it about the guy you dislike?

None of the Hong mags have really hyped him that much, a couple of pro boxers seem to be rating him highly but most media I've read have been saying he's untested but has great potential.

People constantly wank over his wins as if they are something special, they aren't, he's doing what needs to be done but against low level fighters and bums that shouldn't be in the ring with him, what annoys me though is his disregard for the rules, in a couple of his fights, he just keeps punching despite the ref being involved or the bell going.

People constantly wank over his wins as if they are something special, they aren't, he's doing what needs to be done but against low level fighters and bums that shouldn't be in the ring with him, what annoys me though is his disregard for the rules, in a couple of his fights, he just keeps punching despite the ref being involved or the bell going.

Can't say I've noticed anything about him that annoys me, which people are constantly wanking over him?

Nice to know you have the gauge of the general public. Sounds to me like you were just looking for a wee moan, never mind we all like one now and again.

I quite like him, he comes across as quite humble most of the time, yes there's hype but he's still learning and the quality of his opponent will only increase from here. The last guy he fought was for nothing more than a warm up.

Tomorrow is his first test and I think he will pass it.

Joshua destroys Johnson within two rounds, it's should have been stopped in the first.

Nobody has done that to Johnson before. Joshua never even broke sweat. They need to put him in with the likes of price, Thompson or chisora now. I can't see any of them getting near Joshua. This only leaves fury, klitschko and wilder who could give him any sort of fight.

Joshua destroys Johnson within two rounds, it's should have been stopped in the first.

Nobody has done that to Johnson before. Joshua never even broke sweat. They need to put him in with the likes of price, Thompson or chisora now. I can't see any of them getting near Joshua. This only leaves fury, klitschko and wilder who could give him any sort of fight.

Again, highly impressive.

Suppose depends what Hearn has planned, he really needs to fight someone that will go the distance. couple of tough Russians like Povetkin and Chakhkiyev could give him that but canna see that happening. probably another yank then Fury.

Hype job ;)

Great card last night.The Blackwell/Ryder fight was a cracker, as was Linares/Mitchell. Mitchell was unlucky with the accidental cut but thought Linares outclassed him in the end, no matter how much crap Jim Watt was talking. Pissed all over the Mayweather/Pacman event.

Myself, udging by some of the bums he's been in with previously I'd last a round at the very least. Seriously though, time to step it up properly for him, let him and Fury go at it.

Fury wouldn't take that fight unless he is thick as mince........

Johnson maybe didn't land anything but he's never been beaten like that, so Joshua deserves credit for it. That was a step up for Joshua, time to go up again. I agree with epk that it needs to be the likes of povetkin, it'll be interesting to see who's got the balls to risk taking him on.

Myself, udging by some of the bums he's been in with previously I'd last a round at the very least. Seriously though, time to step it up properly for him, let him and Fury go at it.

So 12 fights in to his career he should be fighting the mandatory challenger to the heavyweight title?