Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Grudgingly paid the £12 plus £8 (eight) registration fee for BoxNation for tonight.

Not seen much of Eubank Jr, but seen a video of him training, what a fucking hit he has, get skeplt by him and its game over.

Fury Chisora should be a carry on nae handy. DQ on the cards for sure

I really hope you're wrong.

Of late I think Mayweather has gotten sucked in by his arrogance and money more than ever before, he was always cheeky chappy and had that stylish arrogance about him, now he's gone too far towards the 'look at me, I'm fucking rich' and puts it in your face.

I loved Mayweather, to be fair I still do, because he is one of the greatest - but he has become intolerable, so hope Maidana knocks him out.

I've been reading some decent articles lately about whether mayweather really is the greatest or even one of the greatest. A lot of what's written is around him avoiding fights that people want to see because he's afraid of losing that 0 and many seem to believe that he will be forgotten quite quickly. Some think that the best fighters are those that take me on any challenge and are not afraid to lose.

Looking forward to the Eubank Jnr fight tonight but not that bothered about the main event.

Fury was decent lastnight, stuck to his game plan and battered Chisora with the jab all night, Chisora an absolute now though.

Loved the BJS fight, he was superb in the first 5 rounds, Eubank didn't have anything early on except for wildly swinging like a spastic, as the fight went on he came in to it a bit more but BJS has a ridiculous chin and took everything Eubank threw at him. Eubank needs to get his dad to fuck and work harder, he has been nothing but a hype machine, last night proved that as BJS was much more experienced and knew how to pace himself.

• 2 weeks later...

watched it this morning. he looks a lot better under virgil hunter, but still can't get rid of the wobbly legs when he gets clipped. he is far smarter than before when this happens, instead of fighting back he holds on and takes a break.

the yanks like him so maybe selling out the mgm might make Floyd think it's time for his turn. if khan gets kb'd from Floyd and fights manny and beats him, then Floyd will have to fight him for the sake of his legacy.

it was a good night, p4p lister abner mares was fighting as well.

watched it this morning. he looks a lot better under virgil hunter, but still can't get rid of the wobbly legs when he gets clipped. he is far smarter than before when this happens, instead of fighting back he holds on and takes a break.

the yanks like him so maybe selling out the mgm might make Floyd think it's time for his turn. if khan gets kb'd from Floyd and fights manny and beats him, then Floyd will have to fight him for the sake of his legacy.

I heard Khan claim he sold out the arena in his after fight interview, was surprised no one picked him up on this. The MGM capacity is 16800, the attendance at his fight was under 8000 so he was talking bullshit. I'm guessing they shut off the top half of the arena or something and perhaps the remaining seats 'sold out', although a big number of these would have been comps I guess.

A good nights boxing though and Khan fought well. Virgil Hunter knows he's chinny and has made Khan disciplined enough to reduce the risk. Still think Mayweather, Pac or indeed Kell Brook beats him.

I think if it goes ahead Mayweather may even deviate from his May-Sept schedule. The Canelo v Cotto fight has already been made for May 2nd and no matter how big a fight Mayweather v Pac is if the fights clashed he'd lose out on a hell of a lot of potential PPV buys. Might be made for summer 2015 as they'll want a long lead up for a huge promo tour.

Mayweather Pacquaio... 2015 or 2016?

I'm hoping 2016 in May, as I'm (potentially) going to Vegas for my 30th. What a buzz that would be.

However, I know it'll be September 2015.

That's if it even goes ahead. Aurum better not come the cunt this time.

I also want Mayweather to lose.

May 2nd 2015 is the date Mayweather has mentioned.

Vegas is not really suitable place for a 2/3 year to go to is it ? or you ditching the bairn for a week of sleazy mess

mayweather/pacquaio v khan could be a great fight. and unlike hatton in vegas, british tickets won't be silly prices. he just doesn't seem to be able to cross completely over unlike hamed who was ott.

the garden arena did look quite small compared to when the big 2 fight there.

if mayweather wants to beat Marciano then he might have to fight khan.

I think if it goes ahead Mayweather may even deviate from his May-Sept schedule. The Canelo v Cotto fight has already been made for May 2nd and no matter how big a fight Mayweather v Pac is if the fights clashed he'd lose out on a hell of a lot of potential PPV buys. Might be made for summer 2015 as they'll want a long lead up for a huge promo tour.

De Le Hoya has already spoken out and said if Pac/May gets made, they are willing to move the cotto/Canelo date.

Hopefully this forces Floyds hand.

BTW Cotto has still not agreed to terms for the fight, i honestly won't be surprised with Cotto Mayweather II on May 2nd. Hopefully not.

He boxed beautifully, speed fantastic BUT he was getting tagged with the right hook, quite regularly. He gets KO'd against Thurman or any other KO artist, no doubt about it for me.

On that showing tho, he will trouble Mayweather

• 4 weeks later...

mayweather has a decent pop, he's like ali in that he'll break your heart and wear you down.

imagine newly installed merry datthews organised the tea leafs to go and rob cantony rollas. just happened to be slabs when they ran away to that certain wall. have they been caught yet?

it could be like nancy Kerrigan, tonyaa harding scandal.

mayweather has a decent pop, he's like ali in that he'll break your heart and wear you down.

imagine newly installed merry datthews organised the tea leafs to go and rob cantony rollas. just happened to be slabs when they ran away to that certain wall. have they been caught yet?

it could be like nancy Kerrigan, tonyaa harding scandal.

Great conspiracy theory!

On another note, Canelo v Cotto is off.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mon the pacman. ever since he whupped de la hoya and hatton, it's like mayweather and maybe pacman have bided their time. which is a strange thing to do in boxing.

I hope they put on a show. it'll be up to pacman to take it to mayweather but roach is a master at getting his fighter to follow a gameplan.

he can't handle your speed son!

• 4 weeks later...

Kell Brook was absolutely outstanding last night.

Made his opponent and number 1 contender for the belt look absolutely ordinary.

Bring on Khan next and hopefully knocks him out and puts him in his fucking place.

Khan dodges him in favour of a scrap with algieri.

Has anyone seen the SSN promotions of the Pacquiao v mayweather fight? I expected it to be massive hype but I didn't expect to see the opinions of Freddie flintoff, Thierry Henry and Jamie redknapp