Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

I understand that Tyson Fury is scheduled to be knocked out by Klitschko this weekend.

Think he will be shown up, though I was surprised to note he is both taller than Klischko and has 4" more reach, so maybe hes not as up against it as I originally thought.

Is Sky Box Office, via TV, the only way to see this? If so, its ridiculous there isnt an online box office option.

Used to keep right up to date with the boxing, but much more an occasion fan now (bloody wife).

I understand that Tyson Fury is scheduled to be knocked out by Klitschko this weekend.

Think he will be shown up, though I was surprised to note he is both taller than Klischko and has 4" more reach, so maybe hes not as up against it as I originally thought.

Is Sky Box Office, via TV, the only way to see this? If so, its ridiculous there isnt an online box office option.

Used to keep right up to date with the boxing, but much more an occasion fan now (bloody wife).

Amazon fire stick is your friend.

• Upvote 1

:hysterical::hysterical:

I actually like Tyson Fury as an individual, he seems quite an earnest / decent fella.

But his antics in the run up to the fight have been toe-curling, in particular his turning up at a press conf dressed as batman.

I guess it shows the state of heavyweight british boxing to review fury-chisora-haye in recent years, in that they are mostly know for brawling, spitting and stunts at press conference rather than their prowess in the ring.

No, I'm 99.99% certain he'll be jabbed to death in a dirty fight.

I just thought his opening line was tremendously funny.

He knows he has to take the fight to him though, he's been saying for week and especially through the Murray fight that you need to go to Germany and KO your guy, could leave him brutally exposed here.

He knows he has to take the fight to him though, he's been saying for week and especially through the Murray fight that you need to go to Germany and KO your guy, could leave him brutally exposed here.

Haye didn't KO Valuev though.

The issue is that Fury can't outbox Klitscho. He's not going to be allowed to connect with any power shots, and any dirty fighting will be stamped down on by the ref (Wlad will get away with murder).

Fury has never fought anyone approaching Wlad's class. That will be where he comes undone. I've never seen anything in Fury to show me he has the ability to match Wlad.

Haye had the ability, was too focussed on becoming a celebrity. Although I slated him at the time, I do believe his toe was broken. He should have cancelled the fight though, rather than take the payday.

The issue is that Fury can't outbox Klitscho.

Fury has never fought anyone approaching Wlad's class.

These are the crucial points you highlight.

The gulf in class & experience is why I joked about a knock out before, but as Fury is actually bigger than Wlad (I didnt realise that before) then perhaps a one sided points victory for Wlad is more likely.

I dont think anyone in the Fury camp harbours any genuine hope of winning and this is chiefly a payday and a means of raising Furys profile. Afterwards, I expect a lot of "Oh, if it wasnt for XYZ, Id have won" and "I'll get him next time" chat from Fury.

Haye had the ability, was too focussed on becoming a celebrity. Although I slated him at the time, I do believe his toe was broken. He should have cancelled the fight though, rather than take the payday.

I think the broken toe was an excuse. I think Haye was a good cruiserweight and good enough to beat mediocre heavies. He could look good in a threadbare heavyweight division, but was exposed when he came against a genuinely talented and physically impressive Heavy.

I always thought Haye was motivated and very professional, but then suddenly went downmarket, around the time it was obvious the game was up as regards his being the Best heavyweight.

The press conference brawl with Chisora was an embarrassment and I was embarrassed for Kiltschko having to stoop to that level for opponents.

My best memory of Haye was when he beat Enzo Maccranelli at Cruiser weight. I liked Enzo and genuinely thought he was in with a shout, but Haye completely blew him away.