Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

A disgrace, sport is meant to be for the people!

It will be full of celebrity a-holes.

Mayweather was never going to have this fight any other way, it's his comfort zone. A fight like this should have been in a stadium which hold 80-100,000 people but that takes him out of that comfort zone. It would be sweet if mayweather was knocked out cold but I can't see it.

I can't decide whether to order the fight or not, I can see it being a totally boring fight.

Mayweather was never going to have this fight any other way, it's his comfort zone. A fight like this should have been in a stadium which hold 80-100,000 people but that takes him out of that comfort zone. It would be sweet if mayweather was knocked out cold but I can't see it.

I can't decide whether to order the fight or not, I can see it being a totally boring fight.

Ironically, the ticket receipts for the circa 16,000 attending the fight, will be more than the last Superbowl which held 70,000 supporters.

Mayweather is all about the money, and legacy, however stadium fights in America are not that common, if its not in Vegas, its at the MSQ which only holds 20k.

Aye, EPK did the talking for me - Mayweather won't knock Pacquaio out - no chance. He just doesn't have that capabilities in his boxing style nowadays.

Mayweather does tend to leave himself open in rounds 9-12 due to him tiring. I'll be having some of Pacquaio KO in round 10.

Mind you, Pacquaio has not had a KO since 2009.

Suppose that says more about both fighters and there age, fight is 5 years too late

Re the bold; I expect you will be dead right, very often these high profile fights turn out to be damp squibs.

Saw something in the press today about Mayweathers record of domestic violence, and how Pac-Man "hates" him for it - sounds like a desperate attempt to drum up an angle / bit of drama.

That was the fight I expected, nothing spectacular, mayweather just did what mayweather does, dance about and neutralise the opponent, I was a typical mayweather fight.

I don't agree with sky's assessment that it was fascinating but mayweather showed his class. I think unless people are really into boxing they will see it as a boring fight.

I still don't think he's the best ever,

That was the fight I expected, nothing spectacular, mayweather just did what mayweather does, dance about and neutralise the opponent, I was a typical mayweather fight.

I don't agree with sky's assessment that it was fascinating but mayweather showed his class. I think unless people are really into boxing they will see it as a boring fight.

I still don't think he's the best ever,

I guess that's the thing... the majority of the public would prefer to watch a brawl between two fighters. Think this is why stuff like UFC has become popular.

Mayweather isn't a brawler. He's a boxer. He works within his code and has proved himself to be unbeatable.

I guess that's the thing... the majority of the public would prefer to watch a brawl between two fighters. Think this is why stuff like UFC has become popular.

Mayweather isn't a brawler. He's a boxer. He works within his code and has proved himself to be unbeatable.

No argument from me SOTR, it was a tactical masterclass by mayweather. He's like what wenger would describe as a an anti football team, he completely neutralises any attacking threat of his opponent whilst being clinical with his own attacks.

I think the reason he won't be classed as the best ever is because it can come across as boring to watch, there's not much excitement to his actual fights, plenty excitement in the build ups but not the fight itself. It could be argued that he's just too good that it's boring to watch,

Told you it would be rubbish :laughing:

Only pissed morons would consider staying up that late to watch such over hyped drivel.

Hey steady just cus you know f all about boxing don't put in down to this fight and us being morons it was a shit in the end as a fight can be FM said he will give the belts on monday (WISH SEVCO WOULD DO THAT) so dont slag of my second favorite sport on the planet

I know plenty about boxing, but I ken a con when I see one.

If you did know plenty about boxing then you would appreciate what a master class of boxing tactics that was from mayweather. It's only being labelled as boring and shite by those who think boxing should be like it is in the rocky films.