Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

Yes indeed Harcus.Thats the plan!Its only 3 miles or so from our current flat / city centre so not too far out. The only downside I can see so far are:- After 13 years of having a 5 min walk home from the pub, its now a taxi or train shot- the wife says I am not allowed to smoke in the new house (cow)This will naturally lead to her criticising me for being out in the back garden smoking all the time.

What area you moving to? Which boozer is it?

Was it Chambers??

Once treble dunted Microdots in there before becoming a complete shambles of a man and was convinced the Seagulls on Union Street were trying to dive bomb me. I had to get off the busy drag sharpish and try and compose myself.

Jeeeez, had forgotten that place. Brings back loads of memories. Think we went in there cos it was close to Fever. Bit poncy but guid place to neck something before moving on. Happy days. Remember getting a refund in there for something illicit and the refunder wasn't too pleased - so he walked out and slashed some stranger in the face. Mad bastard, no longer with us.

Oh aye, its was thon noble nobbly types that you'd expect a Duke to read his morning paper on. You had to be lucky to bag them though.

The fuds within our group always made a song and dance about Chambers and Betty Burkes prefering the Charlies and Niles of the world, nae enough fanny, music nae loud enough, they would greet. Fucking leather chairs and hot nuts though. Its plainly evident they weren't cut out to be distinguished gentlemen.

Charlies was always full to bursting point, getting served and to the bog was always a challenge, in Chambers things were more refined, you are correct, the choice for the gentleman. :cool:

I enjoy a good shithole of a pub every now and again - helps to ground you and you meet some proper characters. A refined drink in salubrious surroundings is also good, depending what mood I'm in. Funniest thing is asking for a poncy drink in a shithole, haha! Usually confuses the fuck out of the barman. Would drink anywhere though, not fussy at the end of the day. Also, back in the day, would neck anything anywhere (Cafe ici used to be a favourite). Didn't really matter if you were in posh surroundings or not, always ended up totally faced looking like a delirious tsunami victim by the end of the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Atheneum and snafu are closing, extremely gutted as Snafu is the best place for a night out, no cunts, everyone there for the same reason, to have a good time and enjoy the music, huge miss, couldn't give a fuck about tiger or Enigma as they are soulless generic dumps, Snaffers was different it meant something to everyone that ever went there.

Yeah, Atheneum and snafu are closing, extremely gutted as Snafu is the best place for a night out, no cunts, everyone there for the same reason, to have a good time and enjoy the music, huge miss, couldn't give a fuck about tiger or Enigma as they are soulless generic dumps, Snaffers was different it meant something to everyone that ever went there.

Meant E's to me. Good club, sad to see it go min. Maybe its time to grow up :hypno:

Just oot of soul with the soon to be missus (hopefully) that place is getting pricey eh? Two ciders was 9.80! I would have been better off drinking!

That's what you get for trying to impress her. She's probablty on the phone to her mate right now:

Mate: "So, how did it go with that Poodler chap?"

Your date: "Aye, he was alright. I quite like him, he's a Dandy and that - so everything was looking good. In fact, I was going to let him shag me all night and throw a sickie for the morn. But then he took me to fuckin' Soul. What kind of person does he take me for? Think I'll ditch him by e-mail tomorrow before he tries to ply me with any more overpriced ciders while surrounded by wankers."

• Upvote 5

That's what you get for trying to impress her. She's probablty on the phone to her mate right now:

Mate: "So, how did it go with that Poodler chap?"

Your date: "Aye, he was alright. I quite like him, he's a Dandy and that - so everything was looking good. In fact, I was going to let him shag me all night and throw a sickie for the morn. But then he took me to fuckin' Soul. What kind of person does he take me for? Think I'll ditch him by e-mail tomorrow before he tries to ply me with any more overpriced ciders while surrounded by wankers."

Nailed it! Hahaha

The Masada Bar, now you're talking. A proper drinker's bar. Well it used to be last time I was in during the 90's. Bet it's still the same crowd apart from those who who are no longer with us. Full of the original 'Rosemount Rowdy' (must be in their mid to late 50s early 60s now) and the Y-Mount.

Nailed it! Hahaha

So was the "soon to be missus" a swing and a miss?

Next time, you take the prospective to somewhere understated like Ma Camerons, The Glentanar or The Grill. She'll feel fancy in there ordering a Sauv Blanc, nae need to splash out at Soulless Bar and make her think she's competing with all the other fanny. You also get a decent pint for half the price. You can probably text your respective bosses at 10pm with a sickie excuse, then you're on your way. Make sure yer hoose is tidy and that you happen to have some chilled drinks in the fridge, bag of powder in the bedside drawer.