Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

PM sent

You forget the stamp on it, no new messages.

Away on a run out for smokes, back in a bit.

I never said the PM was going to you.

True story....The Aberdeen branch of the Rangers supporters club decided one day that the Four Mile in Bucksburn would be perfect as a bus pick up point, large car park, easy access for the folk from the North.

Won't go into detail, it lasted one game and the city centre must have been free of police cars the night they returned. Was one of the best nights ever there, funny.

Thommos uncle was maybe there, we had a fair squad,

He might have been, hes never mentioned that story before. He's a bit younger than you so maybe before his time?

Sounds like you in your heydey though, makes your antics in Glasgow even more baffling tbh.

• Upvote 1

The Quarter Deck? Shit pub, would be surprised if it's still open.

Good story from there. The manager there worked for almost 30 years and was retiring - late 1990s. When he finished his shift on his last day, the owner bought him a half lager to say thanks for his efforts!!

Of course you never know what was going on in the background, the owner may have suspected him of dipping the till. And with experience in bars / clubs / cash business - just about every fucker steals from you. Good staff are those that don't steal / rip you off too much.

It's alright the Quarter Deck, they have a pool table, and they serve cheap food.

A POPULAR Aberdeen bar is set to undergo a £200,000 renovation.

Plans are under way to turn the public area in Aberdeen’s Glentanar Bar, on Holburn Street, into a whisky bar serving more than 200 whiskies from around the world.
As well as renovation works inside the current premises, Glentanar Bar owner Mike Taylor hopes to create a coffee shop next to the pub.
The new coffee shop, which will also offer food throughout the day, is expected to be called Cafe 33 and will be open from 7am, if plans are approved.
The coffee shop will seat around 50 people and will also consist of a “porridge bar” while serving fresh fruit to workers in the morning.

Bit of a shithole like.

My main memory is of an engagement party for a guy I worked with years ago, fuck probably 15 years + or so ago.

Anyway he was a bit of a minker, stunk a bit, greasy hair. Was also a keeper, therefore he was "The Cat".

Since he was a grubby minker our song to him was Dirty Cash by The Adventures of Stevie V.

Only chorus we would sing and instead of Dirty Cash it was Dirty Cat.

Dirty Cat was also a Hun.

It was an after work watering hole for employees of the Wood Group on Regent's Quay.

I was in with the kids the lot and took on anyone who wanted to play me at pool. I went the whole night undefeated.

I was absolutely smashed and they continued to serve me drink even though I had two kids with me. The kids were in until the back of 10 at night. The very antithesis of Wetherspoons or any of these places where they stop serving you after 2 pints if you have kids.

I can police my own drinking thanks.

AN ABERDEEN pub is set to launch an eating challenge of gargantuan proportions.

The Gray’s Inn in Mastrick will see the introduction of several food challenges once it reopens as a Flaming Grill pub restaurant, including the infamous Trash Can Challenge.

The challenge consists of a bin lid filled with a rack of ribs, a double cheese and bacon burger, a beef chilli sundae, a southern-fried chicken skewer and onion rings.

The meal is completed with a corn-on-the-cob, BBQ baked beans, peas and a triple portion of chips.

It comes in at a whopping 4,025 calories and 239g of fat - well above the recommended daily amounts.

The challenge will be on the pub’s new steak and grill-focused menu once it reopens on Thursday, April 2.

The £270,000 refurbishment will begin on March 2 and is expected to create up to 25 new jobs.

The redevelopment will see the pub get new flame grill-inspired decor and kitchen equipment.

oh well, another pub ruined.

fuck off to a restaurant like normal people so us lads dont have too mind our language and watch out for kids running around the joint, when all we want is a beer and a laugh with our mates.

The Gray’s Inn in Mastrick will see the introduction of several food challenges once it reopens as a Flaming Grill pub restaurant, including the infamous Trash Can Challenge.
The challenge consists of a bin lid filled with a rack of ribs, a double cheese and bacon burger, a beef chilli sundae, a southern-fried chicken skewer and onion rings.
The meal is completed with a corn-on-the-cob, BBQ baked beans, peas and a triple portion of chips.
It comes in at a whopping 4,025 calories and 239g of fat - well above the recommended daily amounts.
The challenge will be on the pub’s new steak and grill-focused menu once it reopens on Thursday, April 2.
The £270,000 refurbishment will begin on March 2 and is expected to create up to 25 new jobs.
The redevelopment will see the pub get new flame grill-inspired decor and kitchen equipment.
fuck off to a restaurant like normal people so us lads dont have too mind our language and watch out for kids running around the joint, when all we want is a beer and a laugh with our mates.

Mini will be there on opening night to take the challenge, and win.

How can they turn the Grays into a food place, one of the last working mans estate pubs left in Aberdeen, a crying shame, I'd not even heard it had shut. Was the type of place you'd wipe your feet on the way out but was a good bar.

a lot of pubs that relied heavily on liquor sales will have to do something to increase income. you can't blame them for changing things up to try to increase their revenues,

New research has showed that licensed premises suffered an average fall of 30 per cent in such sales since the new laws came into force on December 5. The widely publicised limits, which only apply in Scotland, mean that motorists who consume a single alcoholic drink are at risk of losing their licences.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/doomsday-warning-for-scots-pubs-as-alcohol-sales-drop-by-60-per-cent-after-introducti.118412135

Search out their 10% choc stout beer tommolad.

:cool:

Dead pony ale for me.

The worlds only tasty sub 4% beer.

Like your thinking, he had an hour to kill at 415pm, and you fully expect him to still be in said bar 1 hour after deadline passed.

Any man who went for a quiet, "pint" and honored that statement, is scum

Like your thinking, he had an hour to kill at 415pm, and you fully expect him to still be in said bar 1 hour after deadline passed.

Any man who went for a quiet, "pint" and honored that statement, is scum

Or lacking in backbone/ moral fibre.

I'm notorious for popping out for milk. Only to return home after 10-12 pints.