Highland League

Meeting last night I think confirmed that there will be 18 teams in the Highland league next season with 3 from the 4 who applied going in. Banks O' Dee, Formartine, Turriff and Strathspey being the 4 who applied. A decision to be made on February 25th.

Junior league to be restructured as a result possibly.

Dont know if this will work as it'll be an extra 6 games (although 2 less free Saturdays) and there can sometimes be a bit of a backlog of fixtures at the end of the season. Time will tell I suppose

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling Banks o Dee will miss out as a lot of the of the Aberdeenshire teams wont be keen on another toonser team getting in. Sthratspey will definately get in as all the north teams will vote for them.

Those Aberdeenshire clubs have been competing against Banks o Dee for past couple of years in the Aberdeenshire? League, so you would think that they would look positively at BoD's application.

Echt into the juniors, I'd expect. Difficult to see anyone else from amateurs stepping up.
Yup, they've been planning this for a while. Absolutely barmy if you ask me, no idea where they will be able to finance a junior team in order to compete in the way that they have as amateurs.

It may actually be the beginning of the end of the Echt team.

Certainly hope Turra will be in there, seem to have a surprisingly good setup there by all accounts.

I've been on the Turra committee for a few years now and TBH Formartine and BoD have better set ups just that we have a decent social club where they have nothing

Actually Turra are probably in the worse place since they have Vale, Huntly, Locos, Keith and Buckie all on their doorstep when it comes to attracting sponsorship and fans so that may lose them some votes

Would hardly say Keith or Buckie were "on the doorstep" but I see your point

I've been on the Turra committee for a few years now and TBH Formartine and BoD have better set ups just that we have a decent social club where they have nothing

:ThumbsDown::cry:

Really? It's sh*t. Although Turra life in general is sh*t. That's why I live in the big city now :ThumbsDown:

Only place that i have been to that sells stovies inside a nightclub.

Lad to the left has a tartan lumberjack shirt , The lad to the left has a Yahama biker jacket.

Would Keith a run for its money for being stuck in the dark ages.

Given how few votes they got, I'd say BoD need to seriously consider where they see their future. It is not inconceivable that Cove Rangers could be invited into a restructured SFL set up in the not too distant future. This could open the door again for BoD to step up, but only if they could convince more member clubs that they were worthy of a position.

Given how few votes they got, I'd say BoD need to seriously consider where they see their future. It is not inconceivable that Cove Rangers could be invited into a restructured SFL set up in the not too distant future. This could open the door again for BoD to step up, but only if they could convince more member clubs that they were worthy of a position.
But if Cove left, surely that would help their case.

Anyway, I can't help looking at that list and thinking that the Highland league is looking awful weak nowadays, as has been said, Formartine is hardly a metropolis now is it?

But if Cove left, surely that would help their case.

Anyway, I can't help looking at that list and thinking that the Highland league is looking awful weak nowadays, as has been said, Formartine is hardly a metropolis now is it?

Don't think Cove will be going anywhere for a while as their ground is not up to scratch, it's possible Stranraer may go to the wall at the end of the season so at the moment Spartans would be favourites unless Locos make a bid ?