Highland League

Agree with Nig on this one, Turra hasn't as good a set up as BOD, especially as it doesn't have a youth policy. Stevie Paterson rumoured to be in running for managers job too!!

Thats the Social Club's takings through the roof then. ;)

Just spoke to the current Turra Utd manager and he has no intention of stepping down and as far as he is concern the Paterson story is just a rumour

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if Cove left, surely that would help their case.

Anyway, I can't help looking at that list and thinking that the Highland league is looking awful weak nowadays, as has been said, Formartine is hardly a metropolis now is it?

The point I'm making is that Banks o Dee couldn't have made a very good impression on the member clubs. They have been playing for 2 years in The Aberdeenshire League yet still could only get 5 votes. Soooo if another spot comes up soon, then I'd imagine BoD need to up their game and convince the HL clubs that they should get in.

The point I'm making is that Banks o Dee couldn't have made a very good impression on the member clubs. They have been playing for 2 years in The Aberdeenshire League yet still could only get 5 votes. Soooo if another spot comes up soon, then I'd imagine BoD need to up their game and convince the HL clubs that they should get in.

i got told (dunno if true)

that Banks o Dee was acting like the big shots in the meeting

acting like they was the big boys already..

and stating they had plans on revamping the league for the better etc

as stated before dunno how true but the lack of votes does suggest this..

Great News. Turra vs Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup next season :crossfingers:

Interesting point raised OZD. With all 15 previously getting entered into the scottish cup before, will there have to be a slight restructure of the Scottish cup with their being 18 teams needed to provide for? Top two in the league get a buy to the second round. Maybe they wouldn't get a buy but would still leave one more team needing to find a team to play.

Interesting point raised OZD. With all 15 previously getting entered into the scottish cup before, will there have to be a slight restructure of the Scottish cup with their being 18 teams needed to provide for? Top two in the league get a buy to the second round. Maybe they wouldn't get a buy but would still leave one more team needing to find a team to play.

The HFL teams have to win 3 rounds in the Scottish cup before they could play AFC.

With the demise of the SPL reserves it could have been a good idea for AFC and ICT to offer to put a "b" team in the HFL. The league has suffered in recent years with Elgin , Peterhead , Caley , Ross County and Inverness Thistle moving , However there are still games like Buckie v Vale that gets over 1000 people attending.

I don't think they'll have to change too much. Just take a few extra sides back the First Round (i.e. less teams get a bye)

The HFL teams have to win 3 rounds in the Scottish cup before they could play AFC.

With the demise of the SPL reserves it could have been a good idea for AFC and ICT to offer to put a "b" team in the HFL. The league has suffered in recent years with Elgin , Peterhead , Caley , Ross County and Inverness Thistle moving , However there are still games like Buckie v Vale that gets over 1000 people attending.

What a fabulous piece of work in your signature EPK...ooof!

• 1 month later...

Nearly nine out of 10 semi-professional football clubs in Scotland could go to the wall because of a decision to extend minimum wage laws to the hours that players spend travelling and training.

The Highland League and lower divisions of the Scottish Football League would be hardest hit by the new guidelines, which would triple or even quadruple players

Nearly nine out of 10 semi-professional football clubs in Scotland could go to the wall because of a decision to extend minimum wage laws to the hours that players spend travelling and training.

The Highland League and lower divisions of the Scottish Football League would be hardest hit by the new guidelines, which would triple or even quadruple players

That's very impressive and must be a source of pride for the village... if I was from Buckie I'd probably sack aberdeen off and watch Thistle instead!

Incidentally, what sort of home crowd are we talking about?

There was 1200 on Wednesday night against Deveronvale. If it was on a Saturday and the weather was nice that would have been 1500.

Deveronvale bring a few as well , They are also well supported and a well run club.

Crowds against the lesser teams obviously mean smaller crowds of 5-600, But they do have a very good core crowd who follows them home and away which i find amazing as who fancies sitting on a bus all the way to Wick or Fort William.

In 2000/2001 season Buckie Played Hamilton in the Scottish cup @ Victoria park , Buckie beating them 2-0 in front of a crowd of 2500.

And also, Buckie is a town not a village :nono:

There was 1200 on Wednesday night against Deveronvale. If it was on a Saturday and the weather was nice that would have been 1500.

Deveronvale bring a few as well , They are also well supported and a well run club.

Crowds against the lesser teams obviously mean smaller crowds of 5-600, But they do have a very good core crowd who follows them home and away which i find amazing as who fancies sitting on a bus all the way to Wick or Fort William.

In 2000/2001 season Buckie Played Hamilton in the Scottish cup @ Victoria park , Buckie beating them 2-0 in front of a crowd of 2500.

And also, Buckie is a town not a village :nono:

shanty town maybe :hysterical: from an elgin loon!