Pet Hates

StandFree1982

I had one blue wine glass that had seen it all with me when I was a young single hellraiser.It made the transition with me to married family life. I didn't even use it anymore. It was somewhat priceless.

Then my fucking wife was pissing about in my special cabinet, sentimental glasses, cups, lighters etc etc and my last surviving blue glass, given as a house warming present in 1996 came crashing to the floor and shattered.

I sank to my knees like William Dafoe in Platoon.

Devastated I was and my fucking wife knew it.

I caught a bottle of water that Maynard James Keenan threw at me in the crowd.

My mother threw it out not long after thinking it was rubbish.

I was like the T-1000 at the end of Judgement Day when I found out.

On a similar vibe, I have a plastic bag with 1 x Dimebag plectrum(thrown mid set during vulgar tour 1993), 1 x Rex plectrum(same concert but picked up off the deck once everyone started leaving) 1 x Dave Mustaine thrown at the end of Symphony of Destruction tour in 92. 3 x Skid Row, 2 x Machine Head and a Terrorvision plectrum. Plus all my concert tickets through my rocking youth

Ever since my wife "rearranged" our drawers which I get approx 8% of a few years back I can no longer find it.

It would be a crime against humanity if they have ended up under a pile of shitty nappies and tattie peelings in some landfill site.

Worse than the Holocaust.

Thanks Cheesepipes, I feel much better now after reading that harrowing tale.

My mum isn't that bad after all then, I might start speaking to her after 13 years.

Your missus is lucky you didn't DDT her through the coffee table.

On a similar vibe, I have a plastic bag with 1 x Dimebag plectrum(thrown mid set during vulgar tour 1993), 1 x Rex plectrum(same concert but picked up off the deck once everyone started leaving) 1 x Dave Mustaine thrown at the end of Symphony of Destruction tour in 92. 3 x Skid Row, 2 x Machine Head and a Terrorvision plectrum. Plus all my concert tickets through my rocking youth

Ever since my wife "rearranged" our drawers which I get approx 8% of a few years back I can no longer find it.

It would be a crime against humanity if they have ended up under a pile of shitty nappies and tattie peelings in some landfill site.

Worse than the Holocaust.

Should go to an Yngwie concert. That motherfucker throws more picks in one night than Kenny's Music sell in a year.

I'm tearing the house down when I get back.

I need closure but I'm scared to accept the fact they might be gone.

Did you find them, 'pipes?! I've still got all my gig tickets sitting at home. 25+ years worth. I don't know what would happen if she threw them out...Though it would definitely involve a charlton Heston planet of the apes-esque drop to the knees at the very least...

I've probably got 90% of my tickets fae U2 in 1992 - Fleet Foxes last month.

Tickets back then were class, Oasis at Irvine beach ticket has the Union Jack going down the bog on it and also a pic of the lads on their Loch Lomond one - in recent years, only a Morrissey tickets or a gig in Frankfurt has had a pic on it.

For sure.

Ticketmaster has now taken it to new levels of rubbishness by sending you your tickets as part of what I can only describe as a cheap looking advert//flyer. Nearly ripped my flaming lips tickets pulling them apart last night

Old school tickets, picked up in person from One-Up.

Keeping them safe for six months and up until you entered the gig was a monumental task. Especially if LSD was involved.

We got World Cup tickets for Scotland vs Brazil from One Up. Great shop.

Don't think any LSD was involved.

Always cut it fine too, aiming to walk on last avoiding the queuing

Murphys, Cone Bar, the grand cafe and the lounge for as long as possible

same here, fuck standing around waiting to board a plane where once you board you have to stand around waiting some more because some fat fuck has to put their oversized case into the overhead locker even though its quite clear it should have checked the bag in.

same here, fuck standing around waiting to board a plane where once you board you have to stand around waiting some more because some fat fuck has to put their oversized case into the overhead locker even though its quite clear it should have checked the bag in.

Complete sad cases.

Regular travelers but still keen to queue for as long as possible.

Usually wearing their nose NCE too.

Lol

Me and the bird were in Murphs (I was still pushed from the previous night) we heard our names being called. Found out we had to go through another passport secutrity then 10minutes legging it

Was in the bad books for a few minutes (until I threatened to dump her)

Missed my flight once watching a African cup of nations penalty shoot out whilst sinking pints.

Just got put on one the next morning.

Went out and got blootered in Amsterdam.

Everybody's happy