Amateur/junior Football

On a slightly separate note, having seen the fixtures for next midweek, I've calculated it to be 10 games in 22 days for my team and myself not being subbed yet either, along with many other teams have the same too I'm sure... and here's these top athletes in professional football complaining about 2 games in a week at times! :rolleyes:

Playing amateur football in Scotland in winter is insane.

Why?

On a slightly separate note, having seen the fixtures for next midweek, I've calculated it to be 10 games in 22 days for my team and myself not being subbed yet either, along with many other teams have the same too I'm sure... and here's these top athletes in professional football complaining about 2 games in a week at times! :rolleyes:

Because situations like this happen when the weather dries up a bit.

As mentioned earlier regarding Uni Strollers sudden surge up the table coinciding with the junior league finishing, I am led to believe they are away to be deducted points for fielding ineligible player(s)... purely a friend of a friend that it was passed through so we shall see, and no idea if it's to do with players that are signed for other teams etc as we mentioned mind you...

Guest milne_afc

Judging by this thread, I think amateur football is taken far too seriously. It should be disbanded immediately before someone gets hurt.

said it before, Summer Football up here or in Scotland is pointless, weather is just as bad in the Summer as it is in Winter. The actual issue is local authorities not applying any common sense on borderline days or cases, lost count how many times In past I have seen a game called off at 7am and come 2pm the pitches are all playable, it is silly.

Rul you are right but that would mean local council in Aberdeen and Shire caring about things like Sport, they claim they do but they don't really. I saw a final got abandoned on Sunday due to rain, poses the question, why is somewhere like Spain Park not being used for Finals? least it will be on in the rain!

Pleased for Cove Thistle winning the Premier plus a couple of cups.

They were hard done by a couple of years ago - better goal difference and better results in head to head

v the team who ended up as Champions but was explained to me that doesn't matter when teams finish level

on points, it goes to number of games won.

Just as well nonsense like that doesn't happen in senior game.

Pleased for Cove Thistle winning the Premier plus a couple of cups.

They were hard done by a couple of years ago - better goal difference and better results in head to head

v the team who ended up as Champions but was explained to me that doesn't matter when teams finish level

on points, it goes to number of games won.

Just as well nonsense like that doesn't happen in senior game.

Probably Sportsmans who pulled that one. :sherlock:

Match scheduling at its best! 2 free Saturdays in a row then send us to Findon for a midweek fixture. Bridge of Don and Bridge of Dee will be interesting at rush hour! Nae wonder I'm considering jacking Amateur football after 31 years.

Match scheduling at its best! 2 free Saturdays in a row then send us to Findon for a midweek fixture. Bridge of Don and Bridge of Dee will be interesting at rush hour! Nae wonder I'm considering jacking Amateur football after 31 years.

Unreal. We were punted up to Ellon on Monday night for a 6.30pm kick off. Half our team work in Altens aswell

Our game was called off last night after the referee inspecting the pitch and deeming it playable only for Sport Aberdeen to overrule the referee and cancel it. Our manager went to check the pitch out at night and said it was in perfect condition. Last game of the season too, so now rescheduled for Monday night. That was Westfield Park in BOD.