Amateur/junior Football

playing as a trialist tonight v Banchory Juniors.

Have signed for Bon Accord, but will be asking to be released.

Ive just signed for Bon Accord at the weekend, theres alot more going to training now, around 15/16! And theres a couple of my mates who played with keith and formartine development going to be coming along too. Team is looking alright actually

Yeah glendale tomorrow! Then we have maud on monday night which will be a tough game!

Not bad! hows your pre season going at the moment? you had much games?

TBH I've not had much of a pre season. Had planned on stopping playing after leaving Bon Accord, then got asked to sign for Echt, which I did on Saturday.

Beat Halliburton comfortably. Double figures, prob about 12/13/14-1.

It was 11-1.

Guy at work plays for them. Haha.

He got kicked to bits he said.

They had 4 players who were new and struggled for a team, I was laughing. 11-1 is embarrassing.

I think we beat Continental 8-1, I forgot the score.

Ah well, close! Lost count myself.

Lost 3-2 to Tarves on Saturday, only had 11 boys then one got injured so played a good 30 mins with 10 men. Could have gone either way but they got the winner in the last few minutes. Plenty chances for both teams, grabbed a good goal myself, then near the end skinned 2 boys then with just the keeper to beat ballooned it over the bar. If we play like that every week then I am confident for next season.

Few lads at work have tipped Alford to go down.

If that happens I will be very disappointed.

Which position do you play?

I'm going to say "hiya" when I see you.

I play up front. Where do you play? If I knew what you looked like and saw you I would probably say "hiya" too.

If that happens I will be very disappointed.

I play up front. Where do you play? If I knew what you looked like and saw you I would probably say "hiya" too.

Left mid or left back. I don't know what you look like either, was just going to lookout for the guy with lovely feet who can't finish.

Fucking bumders.

Sure you don't want to 'trap' each other?

You can find each other via my Facebook if you want to kiss so badly. ;)

Ntohing wrong with saying "hiya" to anyone.

Left mid or left back. I don't know what you look like either, was just going to lookout for the guy with lovely feet who can't finish.

Ntohing wrong with saying "hiya" to anyone.

Everything wrong with your spelling of 'nothing' though ;).

Not true. The 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th letter are all correct.

We're playing Portlethen 19s tomorrow night although I won't be there as I'm helping out my mates work team, they've agreed to play Fintray Thistle in a friendly.

I'm also away golfing Tarland outing this Saturday and down at St Andrews the next so that's the first 2 weeks I'm going to miss ha ha. With 24 signed players I can see myself not bothering to turn up. season Ticket at Pittodrie to be used more than I had anticipated.

AAFA Division 1 East - Alford v Johnshaven 04/08/12

Alford kicked off the new season with a depleted squad due to injuries, holidays, suspensions and weddings; however the 12 players on hand were of good calibre, with the notable exception of Duncan Harper who had been dragged out of retirement to take his place in an unfamiliar sweeper role. The game started rather scrappy under a hot Alford sun in ... near perfect playing conditions with neither team taking the initiative. Nevertheless Alford were first to threaten with good work from Buchan and Robertson (Pash) requiring a good save from the Jonner keeper. Alford persevered further and on the 20 minute mark the ball fell to Robertson (Pash) who found himself in a fortuitous position, despatching a clinical finish to break the deadlock (1-0). The game restarted with the away team immediately on the attack, the Alford players still basking in the glory of the opener, switched off momentarily allowing the Jonner wingers to tie Fowlie in knots, resulting in a simple cross which entered the six yard box between keeper Derek Taylor and Harper allowing the unmarked striker to finish from all of 3 yards (1-1). The game then swung from end to end with the home team creating the best opportunity where Buchan calmly passed the goalkeeper with the outside of his foot only to see his effort come off the inside of the post straight into the keeper arms.

HT (1-1)

Following a considered but inspiring team talk by Co Manager Gav Slessor the home team started the second half with the bit between their teeth, striker Richie Taylor was soon showing some of the skills that made him one of the most feared strikers in and around the semi pro scene over the past decade. Some neat play by Taylor and Robertson (Pash) soon created another chance which again was finished ruthlessly by Robertson (Pash) from close range (2-1). The game soon started to become stretched with the away team changing to a three man strike force; however this was soon countered by a well marshalled Alford defence under the wily stewardship of Harper and the youthful exuberance of Forbes, who were playing the away team offside time after time. With the away team adopting a shoot on site policy, Harper took a sore one on the neck blocking a strongly hit shot from point blank range, to save a certain goal. Alford were now playing on the break and with some superb hold up play from Taylor and wing play from player of the season Shepherd looked the more comfortable, and the more likely to take the three points. Alford played their only card with the substitution of Paxton with trialist Will Salih. Salih's immediate impact saw him take the ball from deep to create his own chance only to be thwarted by a great save by the Jonner Keeper. Alford were soon to put the game to bed with some fine inter play by Buchan, Gordon, Rennie and Taylor which was again finished by the now deadly Robertson (Pash) to complete his hat trick. The game was now over as a contest with Alford running out the clock to take maximum points.

Alford 3 - 1 Johnshaven

:ninja:

We got pumped 4-1 by Dee, although I say pumped - it was never a 4-1 game.

We were 1-0 up, and dominating, our striker missed a few one on ones to put us ahead, but missed chances, his head went down despite playing really well and his movement was good.

Some atrocious refereeing decisions aswell (and this was me praising him before the game to team mates saying - he's one of the better referees - wow he was fucking shocking, missing blatant free kick just before they scored, and missing an offside decision for their 3rd goal), we also missed a pen but how on earth the referee never sent their player off is beyond belief, clean through and he got wiped out, never even spoke to him.

They are a very good team and will win the league, but they aren't as good as I expected them to be. Tough game for anyone playing them right enough, as they are organised - but they aren't as good as everyone reckons.

Put in a good shift at left back, lasted 60 mins - few crunching tackles, and never really put a foot wrong despite never being a left back in a million years.

Game on Wednesday against Torphins, good chance to bounce back.

They are poop.

Why were you playing left back by the way?!

AAFA Division 1 East - Alford v Johnshaven 04/08/12

Alford kicked off the new season with a depleted squad due to injuries, holidays, suspensions and weddings; however the 12 players on hand were of good calibre, with the notable exception of Duncan Harper who had been dragged out of retirement to take his place in an unfamiliar sweeper role. The game started rather scrappy under a hot Alford sun in ... near perfect playing conditions with neither team taking the initiative. Nevertheless Alford were first to threaten with good work from Buchan and Robertson (Pash) requiring a good save from the Jonner keeper. Alford persevered further and on the 20 minute mark the ball fell to Robertson (Pash) who found himself in a fortuitous position, despatching a clinical finish to break the deadlock (1-0). The game restarted with the away team immediately on the attack, the Alford players still basking in the glory of the opener, switched off momentarily allowing the Jonner wingers to tie Fowlie in knots, resulting in a simple cross which entered the six yard box between keeper Derek Taylor and Harper allowing the unmarked striker to finish from all of 3 yards (1-1). The game then swung from end to end with the home team creating the best opportunity where Buchan calmly passed the goalkeeper with the outside of his foot only to see his effort come off the inside of the post straight into the keeper arms.

HT (1-1)

Following a considered but inspiring team talk by Co Manager Gav Slessor the home team started the second half with the bit between their teeth, striker Richie Taylor was soon showing some of the skills that made him one of the most feared strikers in and around the semi pro scene over the past decade. Some neat play by Taylor and Robertson (Pash) soon created another chance which again was finished ruthlessly by Robertson (Pash) from close range (2-1). The game soon started to become stretched with the away team changing to a three man strike force; however this was soon countered by a well marshalled Alford defence under the wily stewardship of Harper and the youthful exuberance of Forbes, who were playing the away team offside time after time. With the away team adopting a shoot on site policy, Harper took a sore one on the neck blocking a strongly hit shot from point blank range, to save a certain goal. Alford were now playing on the break and with some superb hold up play from Taylor and wing play from player of the season Shepherd looked the more comfortable, and the more likely to take the three points. Alford played their only card with the substitution of Paxton with trialist Will Salih. Salih's immediate impact saw him take the ball from deep to create his own chance only to be thwarted by a great save by the Jonner Keeper. Alford were soon to put the game to bed with some fine inter play by Buchan, Gordon, Rennie and Taylor which was again finished by the now deadly Robertson (Pash) to complete his hat trick. The game was now over as a contest with Alford running out the clock to take maximum points.

Alford 3 - 1 Johnshaven

:ninja:

Is the Buchan mentioned, Kev Buchan?