Amateur/junior Football

Anyone played on Banks O Dee's new surface yet? Playing there tonight....1/3 of the pitch 8 a side, as Aberdeen Sports Village is fully booked.

It's good but overall I'd say the Sports Village surface is better. Might just be that Sports Village has had more time to bed in, I don't know but there was something not quite 100% about the Banks o' Dee surface.

As of January I'm going on a proper fitness regime and get back in shape, get the pace back - stop smoking - and get back into amateur fitba.

I'll be banging in goals again in no time, you never lose the ability.

Executive decision made, I'm making a comeback.

You need to have had the ability in the first place loon :P

As of January I'm going on a proper fitness regime and get back in shape, get the pace back - stop smoking - and get back into amateur fitba.

I'll be banging in goals again in no time, you never lose the ability.

Executive decision made, I'm making a comeback.

More chance of me playing than you.

You need to have had the ability in the first place loon :P

When you making your comeback Daz?

:laughing:

It's still there.............somewhere, I hope.

I am for the first time starting to miss my fitba, so once I'm married I'll need to do something to get me oot the hoose and get peace, so fitba comeback is the best way.

Personal trainer will be sought after in January.

I've started on the Wii Fit but there is only so much it can do for fitness.

Give me a shout, I'll get you hooked up with my boy.

Hopefully get along to a pre season in the summer and take it from there. Need to shift the gut first like, diets going ok, will beast the gym more when I get home along with the diet to shift some more.

Nae bad, any help just give me a shout.

Im always needing help in the gym...maybe you can come to the patio with me when im back and show me some good exercises.

Aye or you can come to banks o dee, got heaps of holidays to take and plan on doing a week of beasting it, so I'll give you a shout.

You're pish at fitba.

Getting better, playing 5s twice a week, affa tough a lot of older guys that used to play at a decent level, probably be able to last 90 minutes, unlike you, I'm also capable of playing in goals, left back, left wing, the Charlie Adam role or up front.

People talk, you've played against folk I know.

You're pish at fitba. You hate a yellow / red card.

Against? Who was that? Only had a few yellows, had a couple when younger and was still a keeper, never been red carded. I am not pish, just not as good as others but I could do a job, unlike you, you don't have the fitness.

• 4 weeks later...

never :checkit: . were you playin min or spectating? i'm like frank le fevre speakin the ref out of giving me a red card and i also got away with a peoples elbow on the big fella during that stramash.

I was suspended and at the side of the pitch looking after one of the players dogs!

How you and our keeper never got red cards was beyond me. Still can't work out how you boys got the free kick after your Peoples Elbow too! I'm also certain Big Dan was actually holding the ball at one point?

I also think you went to the Jamie Langfield school of goal kicks ;)

I was suspended and at the side of the pitch looking after one of the players dogs!

How you and our keeper never got red cards was beyond me. Still can't work out how you boys got the free kick after your Peoples Elbow too! I'm also certain Big Dan was actually holding the ball at one point?

I also think you went to the Jamie Langfield school of goal kicks ;)

nae quite sure what young stevie did to merit a red card but it does seem he's turned into a bit of a showoff. before i landed the peoples elbow i had the ball in my hands for about 16 seconds, but no way was i able to lift it up, there was about 40 stone lying on top of it. i was lucky not to see red like, don't know wtf i was thinking? the ref had a red in his hand then changed it to a yellow after i had my arm round him and coinvinced him it was just a tangle of legs. :itch-chin:

also i thought the distribution fae me was nae bad considering i had size 9 and a halfs on in the first half and 13's on in the 2nd neither were mine and i'm an 11.

one thing is for sure though, i felt we deserved a draw. thought we were going to get hammered before the game, couple of key players missing and we're pretty root at the best of times.

nae quite sure what young stevie did to merit a red card but it does seem he's turned into a bit of a showoff. before i landed the peoples elbow i had the ball in my hands for about 16 seconds, but no way was i able to lift it up, there was about 40 stone lying on top of it. i was lucky not to see red like, don't know wtf i was thinking? the ref had a red in his hand then changed it to a yellow after i had my arm round him and coinvinced him it was just a tangle of legs. :itch-chin:

also i thought the distribution fae me was nae bad considering i had size 9 and a halfs on in the first half and 13's on in the 2nd neither were mine and i'm an 11.

one thing is for sure though, i felt we deserved a draw. thought we were going to get hammered before the game, couple of key players missing and we're pretty root at the best of times.

Either him or our defender took out the boy for a pen, defender said it was Stevie.

Hahaha the ref was pretty poor. Dan also had a few over the top of the ball tackles.

It was a very even game. I was glad we won the way we did because most 'battles' this season we've lost but on Saturday we ground it out. You did make a good save from a poor pen too.

Why you there now anyway?

couldn't make training with woodside, actually no couldn't be arsed training. found it a complete waste of time and refused to go so after several warnings they went and signed 2 other keepers and i never went back. just playing with mates now, good bunch of boys and management and a good laugh. once that senile old boy down at pittodrie gets his jotters i'll be back following the reds again i think. nae looking forward to playing fc polska down at aultens in a blizzard and trying to kick a mitre arrow into a force 9. :ThumbsDown:

you should have introduced yourself after the game.

going to the Thorniewood utd v Larkhall thistle Scottish cup game this weekend. prob 8 goals 2 sendings off pint at half time and great hositality afterwards...should be good! looking forward it it

I've been there before nae the most luxury of grounds were the park is not green with grass but instead green of wine bottles, but a good laugh in the club with some of the characters that drink there.

I've been there before nae the most luxury of grounds were the park is not green with grass but instead green of wine bottles, but a good laugh in the club with some of the characters that drink there.

Mate is on the committee and his dad is the President at Thorniewood.......Park is a dump but they do alot of work to it but the local neds of View Park just constantly vandalise it!! Over the last year their social clubs has been screwed and trashed, all their strips and training kit/balls stolen and all the training goals etc taken

couldn't make training with woodside, actually no couldn't be arsed training. found it a complete waste of time and refused to go so after several warnings they went and signed 2 other keepers and i never went back. just playing with mates now, good bunch of boys and management and a good laugh. once that senile old boy down at pittodrie gets his jotters i'll be back following the reds again i think. nae looking forward to playing fc polska down at aultens in a blizzard and trying to kick a mitre arrow into a force 9. :ThumbsDown:

you should have introduced yourself after the game.

Why was it a waste of time? I'd heard Woodside's training was decent?

Was going to give you an "alright Ebbe"? You didn't look in the mood to be spoken to though!

Why was it a waste of time? I'd heard Woodside's training was decent?

Was going to give you an "alright Ebbe"? You didn't look in the mood to be spoken to though!

they run round the industrial estate beside the pitch right up to b&q and back, arsed running about. then they pass a ball about with shuttles and stuff before playing 2 touch. nae use to me.

you should of, i remembered you saying at the start of the season you played for don athletic. i noticed a distinct lack of bobo's playing wide midfield although did see you with the pooch. if i'd known it was you i'd of came over like, could of done with a bozy.