Chris Clark Signs

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this is part of the bigger picture of wow factor signings Tup has been waxing lyrical about.

Chris Clark...... like........ wow man!!!

:banghead:

I thought we missed Chris Clark in midfield when he left, however that time has been and gone, we need to move on and not go back for players who've been here before.

What's Dodds and Windass doing these days?

This - certainly better than many we have at club and will improve us but would prefer club to move forward rather than looking backwards.

Clark is probably a couple of rungs up the ladder from Young, although probably a couple of rungs down from Pawlett (when fit) or Aluko (when on his game) which shows you the disparity in our squad recently.

This would be a signing that would improve our squad/bench rather than improve the first team.

Still sceptical but take your point as always VDA, we'll see what happens.

Agree with you 100% there Bri..... he provides cover at full back too.

3 more players needed - LB, LM & STR (assuming Clark, Osbourne & Gonzalez are all signed - as yet none of the 3 have been paraded with the scarf above their head on front of the RDS yet.)

I don't mind this signing.

A steady if unspectacular versitile reliable pro that could do a resonable job in a few positions.

I reckon we'll be stuffy and hard to beat this season. A midfield of Milsom - Osborne - Fyvie - Clark won't get over-ran be much SPL teams.

We probably picked up Osborne and Clark for less wages than Gavin Rae would have been looking for. A decent bit of business if Osborne can stay fit I reckon.

f**k knows where the creativity is coming from though, still got a feeling in my bones we'll get Riordan......

I don't mind this signing.

A steady if unspectacular versitile reliable pro that could do a resonable job in a few positions.

I reckon we'll be stuffy and hard to beat this season. A midfield of Milsom - Osborne - Fyvie - Clark won't got over-ran be much SPL teams.

We probably picked up Osborne and Clark for less wages than Gavin Rae would have been looking for. A decent bit of business if Osborne can stay fit I reckon.

redmist - agree...but it is a massive IF - no first team football in 15 months? That's the equivalent of over 1 and a half seasons, nearer two, with no football. Showing up well in muck about games in training is one thing. Maybe best to wait and see him playing against two decent German teams on tour?

We're going to have a ridiculous amount of central midfielders this season, especially when Yoann Folly returns. We'll have: Clark, Milsom, Fyvie, Jack, Osbourne (should he sign) and Folly. That is if Clark is given a central role, which given that he's a few years older now, would make sense.

Would Clark be a candidate for captain? Whilst Mawene is probably favourite at the moment, surely Clark would be considered for that role?

redmist - agree...but it is a massive IF - no first team football in 15 months? That's the equivalent of over 1 and a half seasons, nearer two, with no football. Showing up well in muck about games in training is one thing. Maybe best to wait and see him playing against two decent German teams on tour?

Also got Folly to come back into the midfield 4 a couple of months into the season.

We're going to have a ridiculous amount of central midfielders this season, especially when Yoann Folly returns. We'll have: Clark, Milsom, Fyvie, Jack, Osbourne (should he sign) and Folly. That is if Clark is given a central role, which given that he's a few years older now, would make sense.

Would Clark be a candidate for captain? Whilst Mawene is probably favourite at the moment, surely Clark would be considered for that role?

Foster will be captain. 100% fact!

Edit: If he doesn't get sold!

Clark has been playing predominantly wide right and sometimes wide left for Plymouth - pretty sure CB will see him as a wide midfielder. With no Aluko and Pawlett being a sick note, he's decent cover for out wide...and full back too. A decent signing IF seen as a versatile sub. Im hoping CB has a left mnidfielder in mind for the first X1

No chance he's captain material though.

Reckon Mawene is strong favourite for that role.

Clark isn't a centre mid. He'll maybe fill in their during an injury crisis but he'll be signed to play on the wing.

Yeah he always seemed to play on the left under Jimmy, just wondered that with him that wee bit older now his pace may dictate a more central role for him.

If Clark has signed, I am actually slightly relieved but uninspiring. I remember after he left we seemed to ship a lot more goals. I think he'll make us a lot harder to beat. However, not sure how he will contribute to the attack. Always remember his final ball was poor. But overall I am relatively satisfied we have a player who can definitely play for an SPL team in the top 6 and pushing for a European place.

hope this is spot on tbh

clark had two really good attributes for a midfielder - he had an engine that let him run the 85th minute as well as he did the 5th

he was very consistent - if you were to rate clark game on game you would give him a 7 or 8 every game no matter what went on around him. He would rarely bang in a 9 performance and even less so a 5 or a 6 always very consistently good

His final ball was often disappointing and a tackle on Hutton aside (one of THE best things I've seen at pittodrie) was a bit powderpuff but if he brings that attitude back he'll fit in fine

Yeah he always seemed to play on the left under Jimmy, just wondered that with him that wee bit older now his pace may dictate a more central role for him.

ross - under Calderwood, Clark played in the middle alot too

Our midfield four was quite often Nichoson Severin Clark & Aluko. He always worked hard, his main failing was he was murder at shooting!

If we're playing 4-3-3 we'll need 6 central midfielders, 3 first team and 3 for cover, we will also need 6 forwards and 8 defenders, thats 20 players plus 2 or 3 keepers taking us to 22. Don't see any issues if the positions are filled with the right players.

Only thing he did of note whilst here before was nail Alan Hutton.

Might actually be a good player to have though, With Fyvie and Milsom doing the running and the tackling and getting forward, could easily sit in and keep the ball. I always remember him being the type of player that would always keep the ball and pass sideways or backwards..Might not actually be to bad a player to have.

If he's sogned I can see Brown playing him and Foster as attacking fullbacks.

Try to provide more width to the team.

I await to be convinced.

I would tend to agree with this. Mawene with consy or mcardle in the centre could work. Keep a solid midfield to allow Clark and foster to roam forward.