Chris Clark Signs

ross - under Calderwood, Clark played in the middle alot too

Our midfield four was quite often Nichoson Severin Clark & Aluko. He always worked hard, his main failing was he was murder at shooting!

Aye he was never the best at shooting! Did he not have a nickname amongst the players at the time because every goal he scored was a deflection? Remember a winner at Tynecastle and Falkirk both taking big deflections.

Although, did he not score a screamer against Portsmouth on his debut for Plymouth in the FA Cup? He definitely scored, can't remember if it was a screamer or not though!

If we're playing 4-3-3 we'll need 6 central midfielders, 3 first team and 3 for cover, we will also need 6 forwards and 8 defenders, thats 20 players plus 2 or 3 keepers taking us to 22. Don't see any issues if the positions are filled with the right players.

I don't really have too many problems with it either, because we were desperately short there in the latter part of the season, with Fyvie, Hartley and Folly all injured and Young and Jack having to be deployed elsewhere.

I just hope this doesn't affect the budget for bringing in players in other important positions like left back and up front.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just skimming through this thread.

Has Clark actually signed and if so, where can I read the confirmation?

Nothing on BBC site as far as I can see.

Linky, anyone?

Nothing official but word seems to be out and Liam Mcleod of BBC reporting it on his twitter.

I'll be renewing mine also. Decent and adaptable SPL standard signing, knows the club and a model pro. Smart signing from Broon.

Correct, an important signing for the season and someone who we can rely on to put in the effort week in week out, remember an outstanding performance from him the day the kaiser chiefs played at the AECC can't remember who it was we played but he was outstanding that afternoon.

Correct, an important signing for the season and someone who we can rely on to put in the effort week in week out, remember an outstanding performance from him the day the kaiser chiefs played at the AECC can't remember who it was we played but he was outstanding that afternoon.

:hysterical:

Are you just comparing Clarks perfromance to a sh*t band?

Shut up Zander you keyboard warrior.

I'm saying thats when it was, in case anyone can remember when it actually was and against who.

Keyboard Warrior?

He played one good game, can't have been anyone actually good or any important game I'm sure we'd all remember. Sone Aluko had one good game hes still pish.

Keyboard Warrior?

He played one good game, can't have been anyone actually good or any important game I'm sure we'd all remember. Sone Aluko had one good game hes still pish.

Ok, who would you have signed instead of Chris Clark?

Like it or not Clark is a decent player, crap players do not play 100 + games for Plymouth (who are a better standard of team than aberdeen)

Keyboard Warrior?

No matter what the guy does, the day he ran back onto the pitch at Pittodrie after receiving treatment because of an Alan Hutton tackle, and then proceeded to put the aforementioned bald huun c**t four foot into the air and nearly put him in with the scum in the souh stand will live long in the memory!!

How he never saw red I'm not sure.

Didnt know he had it in him!!

Just in case you've fotgotten lads, if you sit behind the goal, get the hard hats on for his shots!!

Like it or not Clark is a decent player, crap players do not play 100 + games for Plymouth (who are a better standard of team than aberdeen)

Wouldn't have signed him feel we've got cover in that area as it is, need cover in centre half,full back and upfront.

Wept at the bottom bit but Plymouth are in the league 2 for a reason they are a sh*t club.

Wouldn't have signed him feel we've got cover in that area as it is, need cover in centre half,full back and upfront.

Wept at the bottom bit but Plymouth are in the league 2 for a reason they are a sh*t club.

Zander - got to disagree with you.

We have NO cover in the wide positions.

Aluko has gone, and Pawlett must be due a toe nail injury soon.

And Clark DOES provide cover for full back too

"Wouldn't have signed him feel we've got cover in that area as it is, need cover in centre half,full back and upfront"

Agreed, we have too many players who play in wide positions and should be looking too offload some.

What wide players do we have?

Who would you get rid of?

Am I missing something?!

I would very strongly dispute that.... bad as we are, Plymouth Argyle is a 4th Division team, and Clarke was one of the players that got them relegated into that division. And then they released him... so presumably considered not a player who's likely to get them promoted.

So essentially he's a 30 year old, 4th Division player, deemed surplus to requirements in the 4th Division, no less.

That's the long and short of it.

As mentioned previously, United sign Flood, Hibs sign O'Connor, we've (allegedly) signed Clark.

Deary f**king me.

If he's in as squad player & NOT on a high wage, i'm ok with this but if he's taking a decent wage & (God frobid) get's anywhere near the captaincy then I'm done.

Yes he worked hard, yes he had a great engine & was a decent pro & I loved him for putting Hutton 6ft in the air & only saw yellow cos Hutton had just done the same to him & gotten off with it but I remember he always looked good but NEVER had any kind of end product. His crossing was shocking to say the least & his shooting was ten times worse.

Someone said earlier in the thread about all his goals being deflections but thought he may have scored a screamer for Plymouth on his debut, well it was a screamer but yes it had also taken a massive deflection up & over the keeper.

I'm ok with him being used to cover Pawlett's regular injuries on the right, as that's where I think he had his best games but we're going to need someone to put decent balls in from the left now coz Clark will be lucky to put one decent cross in every 4 or 5 games.

We certainly do not need him in central midfield though.

I still await a signing that will make me & the rest of us stand up & take notice though cos this is certainly not one of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13952428.stm

Aberdeen have re-signed midfielder Chris Clark following the player's release from Plymouth Argyle.

The Dons beat off competition from Kilmarnock, who had been expected to secure the player in the summer transfer window.

Clark, who left Aberdeen in January 2008, couldn't help the Pilgrims escape relegation to League One last season.

The 30-year-old made 107 appearances for the Devon club, scoring twice.