Chris Clark Signs

Mawene who we signed has played primarily in the Championship in his career .

Osborne if he signs has played primarily in the Championship in his career .

Gonzales is from Man City and has a good pedigree behind him .

Clark is an experienced SPL player who was a regular in a successful dons side .

What higher ambition do you want ? Our budget surely cant stretch much above this level .

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please silence Stoney for a few weeks, utter pish, day after miserable day from him, total hysterical nonsense.

Clueless manager? Honestly, get a grip min, talk about pot, kettle and black.

Craig Brown if you read that, ignore it, almost all Dons fans trust you and are firmly behind you.

Wrong.

I know what Clark can do and it's very little. I don't fully know what Harkins can do, which is why I offered having a look at him as a solution to VDA when he asked what I'd have done.

We should try something new rather than stick with that we know doesn't work, was the point.

My point is that the negative people treat every "new" name we are linked with badly anyway .

So there is literally no way they can be happy .

Someone please silence Stoney for a few weeks, utter pish, day after miserable day from him, total hysterical nonsense.

Clueless manager? Honestly, get a grip min, talk about pot, kettle and black.

Craig Brown if you read that, ignore it, almost all Dons fans trust you and are firmly behind you.

Are you related to Craig Brown.

You seem rather fond of him for all that he has done.

For what it's worth I'd say Harkins and Rankin are inferior to Clark imo from what I've seen of those three, admitedly only a couple of times have seen Harkins. Flood and O'Connor we may be jealous of by the time the season starts but weve not concluded all our business yet. Obviously O'Connor has drug problems (only speculation over use but a couple of outstanding charges over possession/dealing) so thats an aside issue that may mean we would not have considered him anyway.

For what it's worth I'd say Harkins and Rankin are inferior to Clark imo from what I've seen of those three, admitedly only a couple of times have seen Harkins. Flood and O'Connor we may be jealous of by the time the season starts but weve not concluded all our business yet. Obviously O'Connor has drug problems (only speculation over use but a couple of outstanding charges over possession/dealing) so thats an aside issue that may mean we would not have considered him anyway.

How is Harkins inferior, what does Clark have that he doesnt ?

No middle ground no?

Just not failed championship players for a start would be great.

Failed in what way ?

Mawene was a regular for Preston for 6 seasons and there supporters are still positive about him .

Osborne has had injury problems but seems to have a good pedigree and again there supporters speak well of him .

Failed in what way ?

Good lord, if you support the manager, who has done very little wrong so far, you must be related to him!

Stoney min, calm doon, he's constructing a SQUAD, football is not about any one PLAYER, it's about the sum of the parts, and that has not been reached yet.

So it's totally pointless to speculate, or worse, jump on the manager's back right now.

You keep banging on about the first game of pre-season, it's not Champ Manager, it's real life, these things take time, and who gives a toss if we have eleven supporters on the park for a nothing game against Brechin?

Judge him when the time comes.

Mawene who we signed has played primarily in the Championship in his career . - Certainly bit of pedigree there but 32 by time season starts and Preston fans suggesting post bad injury all pace gone and struggled badly. Moved to Greece and his team finished bottom and got relegated. Mawene never played in first team after February. Jury is out but looking forward to seeing.

Osborne if he signs has played primarily in the Championship in his career . - Hasn't played a game since November 2009 (19 months) and has had 2 bad knee injurys which keep recurring. Massive gamble.

Gonzales is from Man City and has a good pedigree behind him . - Certainly much needed and almost guarenteed to be better than Clangers. Pity after 6 months he will be off and Clangers back in.

Clark is an experienced SPL player who was a regular in a successful dons side . - Certainly experienced SPL player. Played in much better AFC team than now and finished top end of league and looked okay. Also played in poorer Dons teams at lower end of table and looked awful. Personally think he is better than players we have at club (Jack, Robertson, Paton) and better option than them but again at 31 his pace which was main asset will have gone. Very much a meh signing

What higher ambition do you want ? Our budget surely cant stretch much above this level . - I just don't see any of the signings as ambitious in the slightest. Funnily enough the best of the signings is just a loan for 6 months.

Good lord, if you support the manager, who has done very little wrong so far, you must be related to him!

Stoney min, calm doon, he's constructing a SQUAD, football is not about any one PLAYER, it's about the sum of the parts, and that has not been reached yet.

So it's totally pointless to speculate, or worse, jump on the manager's back right now.

You keep banging on about the first game of pre-season, it's not Champ Manager, it's real life, these things take time, and who gives a toss if we have eleven supporters on the park for a nothing game against Brechin?

Judge him when the time comes.

sensible post

Mobility. Also Clark's passing is more retaining possession but Harkins' incisiveness is too infrequent for me to prefer him over Clarks reasonable passing.

Any time I watched Clark he gave the ball away or shanked it out the park trying to cross it, must have been a different player, would also say Harkins goalscoring would be an asset, we already have players that can retain possession

There's no perspective applied to most of these comments.

The best players are to be had near the end of the transfer window.

That's life, and no amount of hysteria will change it.

I'm happy for us to keep our powder dry, spin yourselves into a blind, frothing fury if you want, throwing big money at players nobody else wants is what landed us in this hole in the first place, let's play the waiting game, and good things will come :scarf:

There's no perspective applied to most of these comments.

The best players are to be had near the end of the transfer window.

That's life, and no amount of hysteria will change it.

I'm happy for us to keep our powder dry, spin yourselves into a blind, frothing fury if you want, throwing big money at players nobody else wants is what landed us in this hole in the first place, let's play the waiting game, and good things will come :scarf:

On what basis? Not many great players will be still out of a club come end of August, 8 games into the season and with that player not been getting a wage for last 2 months.

I'm talking about players who are still under contract at other clubs.

Good players will be wanted by the club they are under contract to surely? We wont be paying fees for players.

But yes - come end of August Messi will be under contract at Barca and Rooney under contract at Man Utd but that is not the point.

The squad needed experienced players. Chris Clark is experienced can play across midfield and cover the full back positions. With an assumed small budget, this signing makes complete sense.

Also, were Plymouth not relegated due to a points reduction after falling into administration?

Average Championship player = good SPL player. That is the reality.

Stoney min, calm doon, he's constructing a SQUAD, football is not about any one PLAYER, it's about the sum of the parts, and that has not been reached yet

:applause:

Spot on, as I mentioned in the (signing progress?) thread the other day, Mr Brown seems the first manager in years that is capable of building a TEAM as opposed to assembling a collection of individuals.

I will just have to accept that Christina is part of that team. Perhaps she is in charge of aesthetics, making sure the boys are properly manicured and pedicured etc.

What ever works like..... :checkit:

The squad needed experienced players. Chris Clark is experienced can play across midfield and cover the full back positions. With an assumed small budget, this signing makes complete sense.

Also, were Plymouth not relegated due to a points reduction after falling into administration?

Average Championship player = good SPL player. That is the reality.

Relegated from championship with no deductions and finished 2nd bottom. Relegated from League 1 last season with points deduction. Without deduction would have finished 19th.