Brown Getting His Excuses Ready.............

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt write the article

I actually don't se a problem with the article. Out of current squad not even half of them have been signed by Craig Brown . I think this is all he is alluding to. I also believe if he had the chance to he would get rid of some more players but unfortunately they are under contract and no one wants them.

Brown's in charge, it's his team and i expect a marked improvement on the dross of last season from day one.Not sure why he's said this coz it wont encourage those he didnt sign.

Yeah exactly, Also claiming that he is hoping to sign at least 2 more players before the start of the season! Can only assume that he is after a wing back and a left sided midfielder - meaning he's happy to go the season with Vernon / Mackie up front (which i guess is ok but leaves maggenis to cover) and is expecting Pawlett / Fyvie to remain injury free (which given past records is extremely worrying.

Still think we need at least 5 or 6 players and a bit worried that the season starts in less than three weeks.

4 wide players (2 defenders, 2 midfielders), perment number 2 keeper, and a striker

Yeah exactly, Also claiming that he is hoping to sign at least 2 more players before the start of the season! Can only assume that he is after a wing back and a left sided midfielder - meaning he's happy to go the season with Vernon / Mackie up front (which i guess is ok but leaves maggenis to cover) and is expecting Pawlett / Fyvie to remain injury free (which given past records is extremely worrying.

Still think we need at least 5 or 6 players and a bit worried that the season starts in less than three weeks.

4 wide players (2 defenders, 2 midfielders), perment number 2 keeper, and a striker

Brown quoted as saying the 2 he wants are a backup keeper and striker in the mould of Maguire

Well there was many on here who did, and also many who said McGhee had his own team in place and two transfer windows was more than enough time to shape his team.

That's true there was a lot who said this. I also think 2 transfer windows should be enough to improve the team but it certainly isn't enough to be able to get rid and sign players. Like i said contracts can dictate how many windows it will take to move players on and replace them.

Stoney - You'd be better off supporting another team cos it's all doom and gloom for you as far as aberdeen are concerned. I think i speak for most on here when I say it's GETTING FLOCKING BORING now!

couldn't agree more.

Perhaps the success he's been spoiled with at his other team is taking its toll on him

When Brown says in the article about there are players here under contract that we'd rather left but no one wants them (this is more or less the direct quote) there is hardly that many he can be meaning. Considine, Mcardle, Folly, Jack, Magennis, Paton and Mackie are the only ones he could mean some of you'd think? Maybe we'll see some of these made an offer to leave in August that being the case.

I thought we were all due a break from this kind of counter-productive chat, undermining the manager with his every utterance.

We have not kicked a ball in earnest yet.

Comparing Brown to McGhee is ridiculous. McGhee had his head up his arse from day one in the job, and his record is indefensible as the worst Aberdeen manager of all time.

One to speak given you told me you'd rather watch Fraserburgh or Junior football over Aberdeen.

Admittedly I said I'd be with Liverpool more than Aberdeen, but I admit that in the open and not for the first time.

As for Brown, I'm not sure if it's paper talk or if Brown has actually said this, however if he has said this, he must already be feeling the pressure - that is how I'm reading it. Wonder if it's a bigger job than he anticipated.

aye because Fraserburgh certainly are spoiled with success.

On the subject of that, whats your attendance been like lately VDA? No Porkies now :checkit:

Not being negative at all, more pointing out that all you hypocrits who ran mcghee out of the club are affording brown of a luxury mcghee never had. Despite conducting business in exactly the same way mcghee has.

This transfer window is a carbon copy of the one mcghee had last summer!

Dont take my word for it, im sure the attendance in our first home games will speak volumes.

Admittedly I said I'd be with Liverpool more than Aberdeen, but I admit that in the open and not for the first time.

As for Brown, I'm not sure if it's paper talk or if Brown has actually said this, however if he has said this, he must already be feeling the pressure - that is how I'm reading it. Wonder if it's a bigger job than he anticipated.

Well stop attending then. Go to Liverpool :lolceltic: and 'support' them, if that's what you call this constant beration of the manager.

He has been in charge of the national team for a significant period, therefore I don't understand how you can attest that the Aberdeen job is too big for him.

To my mind, all jobs are the same size, as if that means anything.

He needs support, not constant greeting about minutae.

On the subject of that, whats your attendance been like lately VDA? No Porkies now :checkit:

Not being negative at all, more pointing out that all you hypocrits who ran mcghee out of the club are affording brown of a luxury mcghee never had. Despite conducting business in exactly the same way mcghee has.

This transfer window is a carbon copy of the one mcghee had last summer!

Dont take my word for it, im sure the attendance in our first home games will speak volumes.

3 games last season Stoney. I make no apology for it. Lets get this over with before we have the pathetic "I go more than you" argument. the likes of you and mini for example are exactly where I was a few years ago.

You could't keep me away from pittodrie a while back but gradually the lack of effort both on and off the park has drained my enthusiasm for AFC. You seem to be going the same way and sighting the QOS match as a reason for it which is fair game as far as I'm concerned. The game at home in Europe last season practically finished me for the whole of last season and the total games I attended was the lowest for 25 years.

I found something better to do with my time on Saturdays now as I'm sure you do, my comment about you supporting a successful side was just a joke stoney as I completely agree with your reasons for not going. If we get off to a decent start and we some effort from the players on the park then I'll be going more than last season once my own season ends. What I don't agree with is the negativity you constantly spout, McGhee and Brown are search9ing in the same transfer market but looking at different players who we know very little about.

McGhee was a dour man who struggled inspire anyone but I don;t think this will be the same with Brown and Knox.

It was in response to you taking the moral high ground on someone moaning, you bolded it and said you'd be better off supporting someone else. I wasn't responding to the glory thing.

He's pissed off and moaning, you did the same last season when you emailed me and said you support Fraserburgh or watch Juniors more than you'd watch Aberdeen.

So you were not in a position to comment on who should support who.

have a read of my response to Stoney!!!

Well stop attending then. Go to Liverpool :lolceltic: and 'support' them, if that's what you call this constant beration of the manager.

He has been in charge of the national team for a significant period, therefore I don't understand how you can attest that the Aberdeen job is too big for him.

To my mind, all jobs are the same size, as if that means anything.

He needs support, not constant greeting about minutae.

Its that sort of attitude that is one of the root problems.

If your not happy go and support another team / or dont bother going as calderwood once put it.

Another season of spiriling attendances wait and the club inches closer to death, but yet nobody seems to give a f**k.

* Also worth noting the amount of people who back brown on here, probably havnt been to see his "team" in action.

Last season the football we played from Feb - May was the worst under ANY afc manager.

3 games last season Stoney. I make no apology for it. Lets get this over with before we have the pathetic "I go more than you" argument. the likes of you and mini for example are exactly where I was a few years ago.

You could't keep me away from pittodrie a while back but gradually the lack of effort both on and off the park has drained my enthusiasm for AFC. You seem to be going the same way and sighting the QOS match as a reason for it which is fair game as far as I'm concerned. The game at home in Europe last season practically finished me for the whole of last season and the total games I attended was the lowest for 25 years.

But unlike you i WANT to go and watch aberdeen i want to see us improving and its because of this reason i moan so much, if there were genuine signs that things were going to improve i would be over the moon, but if anything things are getting worse.

I found something better to do with my time on Saturdays now as I'm sure you do, my comment about you supporting a successful side was just a joke stoney as I completely agree with your reasons for not going. If we get off to a decent start and we some effort from the players on the park then I'll be going more than last season once my own season ends. What I don't agree with is the negativity you constantly spout, McGhee and Brown are search9ing in the same transfer market but looking at different players who we know very little about.

Thing is though, as of yet im still attending games, despite saying that this season i will spend more time in the pub has been a threat for many a season now. I missed only the midweek games last season, and still went to 6 aways (6 more than i should have) What is there to be positive about, we are heading down the exact same root as we were last year.

McGhee was a dour man who struggled inspire anyone but I don;t think this will be the same with Brown and Knox.

Have you ever seen a team as bad as the one who played the last 10 games of last season?

Its that sort of attitude that is one of the root problems.

If your not happy go and support another team / or dont bother going as calderwood once put it.

Another season of spiriling attendances weight and the club inches closer to death, but yet nobody seems to give a f**k.

* Also worth noting the amount of people who back brown on here, probably havnt been to see his "team" in action.

Last season the football we played from Feb - May was the worst under ANY afc manager.

I'm willing to give Brown the start of this season to see what he can do. He had a bunchh of pussys in that team last season and severe damage had been done by McGhee. With a budget like ours changes cannot be done overnight Stoney so patience is required.

I think it was clear to most that MCGhee was out his depth.

All I am saying is lets see how this team under Brown and Knox get on before jumping in claiming they are sh*te.

But unlike you i WANT to go and watch aberdeen i want to see us improving and its because of this reason i moan so much, if there were genuine signs that things were going to improve i would be over the moon, but if anything things are getting worse.

erm Stoney........................ do you think I don't want to go to pittodrie??? I can't ever remember saying that. It seems you are not where I was just yet then as you are still going. I remember those days, I'd say I wasn't going and then I'd end up just going along any way (home or away).

Think is though, as of yet im still attending games, despite saying that this season i will spend more time in the pub has been a threat for many a season now. I missed only the midweek games last season, and still went to 6 aways (6 more than i should have) What is there to be positive about, we are heading down the exact same root as we were last year.

you don't know where we are going. WE have Fyvie and Folly back for a start, two player we didn;t have at the end of the season. We have signed a new keeper who I hope to f**k is better than Clanger (shouldn't be too tough). A keeper has been a must for us for 3 years now but we avoided it for some reason. A few more new signings and we are at least going down the right direction. Of course we could end up being f**king sh*te and as bad as last season but ultimately we don;t know until the season gets going.

Have you ever seen a team as bad as the one who played the last 10 games of last season?

I have never been so disgusted with our performance in the first semi final against the tims and the games I saw on TV were a disgrace too. A weak team with players who didn;t care for anyone but themselves.