The Open Championship

I see Paddy power are paying 7 places for each way bets, just having a look right now and think that Paul Lawrie at 150/1 could be a nae bad shout, solid enough rounds up at Castle Stuart, as for our right winner, very hard to predict, alot of home grown players on good form right now, Donald would be an obvious choice but personally don't think he will win it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a links, I don't see most of these as good value. In fact, other than Lawrie who will be very good value, I would be extremely surprised if any of the names you listed below him got an e/w place.

Donald at 12's is absurd. There's 156 starters for f**k sake. Do the maths.

Given Rory is 7/1 i think 12/1 for one of the form players of the year and world no 1 is quite generous. He's hardly going to be 50/1 is he.

well my Donaldson top 5 was 1 shot off a return yesterday.....

not sure the price on Harrington this week, but maybe worth a punt if price is around 66's.

others that I would consider for value, 250/1 for Lawrie, i'll go with RS on that, however his putting needs to be hot for at least 2 rounds.

tee-green he has been very good.

Harrington.

Lawrie.

Steve Sticker defo has the game IMO to win, but I doubt he'll be value.

Each Way bets

Jeff Overton

His 3 previous Opens he has made the cut, T-70 in his first, T-13 in his 2nd and T-11 last year. and at odds of 160.0 to win it, and 13.0 to finish top 10, and 28.0 to finish top 5, I feel he is worth a few quid.

Robert Rock

7th last year at the Open, and just made top 20 at the US open without playing a practice round. Won the BMW Italian Open last month so his form must be good, odds of 170.0 to win, 9.0 for top 10, and 38.0 for top 5.

Robert Karlson

T-14 last year, and T-7 the year before, 2 top 5 finishes in his last 4 tournaments, 100.0 to win, 8.2 for a top 10, and 20.0 for a top 5.

aye but i picked the best one to fluke eh :dance:

Aye, and you've fair been dining out on it since min.

I'm only kidding min, posted specifically to smoke you out of your hole.

Best of luck at Sandwich min, you look like you're no stranger to a plateful of them anyway.

:thumbs:

Aye, and you've fair been dining out on it since min.

I'm only kidding min, posted specifically to smoke you out of your hole.

Best of luck at Sandwich min, you look like you're no stranger to a plateful of them anyway.

:thumbs:

aye been enjoying my grub and belhaven lately tks for the good luck message paul

aye been enjoying my grub and belhaven lately tks for the good luck message paul

The Belhaven leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, it's tainted by association with Dundee United.

I'm going to stick a fiver on you, with my backing you canna go wrong :laughing:

All the best.