Goodwillie Rape Charge Dropped

I agree that if the accused is found guilty then the accuser should be named, shamed and sentenced. But in this case, it's a "not enough evidence" call, he wasn't cleared for being innocent, they just couldnt find anything to pin it on him. I think neither of them should have been named in this case. Thats the problem with something like rape, it's almost impossible to prove that the girl wasn't willing at the time.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think it will be hilarious if he signs for Rangers...the boys has made a constant c0ck of himself in the bright lights of Dundee so with the fish bowl that is Glasgow and like minded clowns everywhere im sure he'll be doing a bit of pavement dancing and kebab throwing in the near future :popcorn:

think it will be hilarious if he signs for Rangers...the boys has made a constant c0ck of himself in the bright lights of Dundee so with the fish bowl that is Glasgow and like minded clowns everywhere im sure he'll be doing a bit of pavement dancing and kebab throwing in the near future :popcorn:

for the benefit of Scotland I hope he moves south and calms down.

It should never have happened.

Nobody's behaviour when drunk could be considered whiter than white when put under the microscope in the cold light of day.

So I'm sure this is just a fudged way of saying, this is a mess, let's drop it, as the neurotic lassie sticks to her guns rather than admit dishonesty.

There's no way Goodwillie is all but guilty as some of you seem to believe, disna matter what team he plays for, he's a human being like you or I.

Yeah, Imagine him & McGregor out & about.

As I said at the time, it's not as if Goodwillie was hiding in a wheelie bin down a dark lane with a balaclava on, and had a bag on him with duck tape, cable ties, vaseline etc in it, was he?

Rape is rape tup min, whatever circumstance the crime takes place in. Besides only a small fraction of rapes are committed by total strangers hiding in the manner you suggest:

From the UK Home Office:

Current or former partner = 45.4% of recorded rapes

Another relative = 13.9% of recorded rapes

Friends = 29.6% of recorded rapes

Strangers = 11% of recorded rapes

Its unfortunate that goodwillie had that hanging over him publicly, but im a firm believer that justice should be done and seen to be done. Anonymity rules in rape cases are there to protect everyone.

If it was the other way around and Goodwillie had accused the lassie of rape he would of been granted that exact same anonymity.

If it was the other way around and Goodwillie had accused the lassie of rape he would of been granted that exact same anonymity.

Men never, absolutely never, accuse women of rape.

I'd be delighted to be raped by some reasonably famous female sportswoman.

Men never, absolutely never, accuse women of rape.

I'd be delighted to be raped by some reasonably famous female sportswoman.

You would be suprised - there hasn't been a trial of woman-man rape in scotland yet. But there have been plenty of recorded cases in the US and Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvaS7E6Koeo

The fact you would take pleasure and enjoyment from penetration without your consent might lead the other party to believe she has presumed consent from you. Its not rape if you enjoy it :sherlock:

Michelle McMamoth did a charity race/walk a couple of years ago. Does that count as a sportswoman?

Fatima whitbred

Enough!

I'm not talking hermaphrodites here, or lesbians, or fat reality stars, as you fall over yourselves to find someone more repulsive than the previous poster.

OK?

Maybe Sally Gunnell, or Elena Baltacha, someone like that.

You never hear of women cutting about spiking men's drinks in clubs, before leading them away to somewhere quiet and going through them like a dose of the skitter.

Wonder why that is?

I know of one woman that you NEVER EVER crashed out near at a party cos she took FULL advantage (& she's nae pretty) she'd molested a good few crashed out mates that I ken of (some of them admittedly are good at pretending to be out of it) :laughing:

Enough!

I'm not talking hermaphrodites here, or lesbians, or fat reality stars, as you fall over yourselves to find someone more repulsive than the previous poster.

OK?

Maybe Sally Gunnell, or Elena Baltacha, someone like that.

Mmmmmm, always liked her for some strange reason