Addicts

vanderark14

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I very rarely drink, tup.

Oh ho, changed man eh, all serious and stuff now that it's worn off.

Maybe boof has hit you with a cataclysmic sermon, all hellfire and brimstone, in his new role as a minister? And you've seen the light as a result?

Who'd have thunk, yesterday's zoomers would be tomorrow's god squad?

I dinna drink at all at the moment.

Oh ho, changed man eh, all serious and stuff now that it's worn off.

Maybe boof has hit you with a cataclysmic sermon, all hellfire and brimstone, in his new role as a minister? And you've seen the light as a result?

Who'd have thunk, yesterday's zoomers would be tomorrow's god squad?

I dinna drink at all at the moment.

what does ''at the moment'' mean?

and you said 75% of folk around you have sh*t lives due to drug abuse.

i thought you said the n.e scotland was the best place in the world to live?

:hysterical::dontknow:

what does ''at the moment'' mean?

and you said 75% of folk around you have sh*t lives due to drug abuse.

i thought you said the n.e scotland was the best place in the world to live?

:hysterical::dontknow:

It's the same everywhere in case it's escaped your notice, and you're a prime example of an alkie who resides in a river in Egypt.

Alkies are not exclusive to Scotland's north east, not that I should have to point that out to you.

At the moment means, funnily enough, at the moment. Drinking tends to be more of a winter pursuit, when the pub seems to be a far more appealing prospect.

I do drink, on rare occasions, I'm not completely up myself about it.

But I've seen folk badly damaged with it, and still carrying on regardless, which infuriates me.

I like to chill out of an evening and usually have around 8 cans of Stella, would prefer to have a couple of reefers but my work does random tests, can't afford to lose the job, I think I'd be healthier and more productive if I binned the beer for a joint.

Government are scared to change any drug laws, even when their professor adviser's tell them it's for the best they fire the advisor and ignore the advice.

Don't think I could handle the tedium of sitting watching shyte on telly without some form of substance so I guess I'm an addict.

Workmates father in law is currently in ARI, 88 years old with prostate problems, needs to wear a nappy, that's where clean living gets you!

drugs like crack cocaine, heroin, crystal meth are highly addictive - ie take enough and you will become addicted, I'd guess that applies to 99.9% of the population. Same goes for alcohol, cigarettes etc take enough and you'll become addicted. If you don't want an addiction abstain or limit what you do take. I struggle to see where the illness or sickness comes into it, maybe a mental sickness that drives you to self destruction? I don't know.

It's the same everywhere in case it's escaped your notice, and you're a prime example of an alkie who resides in a river in Egypt.

Alkies are not exclusive to Scotland's north east, not that I should have to point that out to you.

At the moment means, funnily enough, at the moment. Drinking tends to be more of a winter pursuit, when the pub seems to be a far more appealing prospect.

I do drink, on rare occasions, I'm not completely up myself about it.

But I've seen folk badly damaged with it, and still carrying on regardless, which infuriates me.

nah, you'll find more junkies and alkies over your way than mine. :checkit:

A massive difference between drink and drugs in my opinion.

Drinking alcohol is generally a socal thing, people take it to relax and unwind in the company of their pals or family etc. I dinnae even have any drink in my house, i do like a bevvy probably as much as, or more than, the next man but i go out down the wee clubbie for a bit of banter and a few pints.

People who take hard drugs do it to get wrecked out of their box. Of course some people do go out on a saturday night drinking to get wrecked but i think they are in a very small minority.

Are grossly obese people ill because they are greedy and dinnae ken when to stop eating sh*t?

Are boy racers who are virtually addicted to speed ill in the head?

I think people have to take a wee bit responsibility for themselves.

drugs like crack cocaine, heroin, crystal meth are highly addictive - ie take enough and you will become addicted, I'd guess that applies to 99.9% of the population. Same goes for alcohol, cigarettes etc take enough and you'll become addicted. If you don't want an addiction abstain or limit what you do take. I struggle to see where the illness or sickness comes into it, maybe a mental sickness that drives you to self destruction? I don't know.

No it doesn't.

Alcohol is every bit as strong, and destructive, as heroin or crack cocaine.

Of course, as Perthshire shows with his errant post, it is dressed up as respectable and socially acceptable, and is therefore seen as less harmful.

If alcohol were invented right now, it would a Class A substance.

'A wee tipple' - positive.

'Shooting up' - negative.

Incorrect of course should you look at the scientific facts.

Alcohol is every bit as strong, and destructive, as heroin or crack cocaine.

Of course, as Perthshire shows with his errant post, it is dressed up as respectable and socially acceptable, and is therefore seen as less harmful.

If alcohol were invented right now, it would a Class A substance.

'A wee tipple' - positive.

'Shooting up' - negative.

Incorrect of course should you look at the scientific facts.

How many respectable drinkers do you know?

And how many respectable shooter-uppers do you know?

Our prisons are full of junkies, thats an undeniable fact.

How many respectable drinkers do you know?

And how many respectable shooter-uppers do you know?

Our prisons are full of junkies, thats an undeniable fact.

1. None, most drinkers I know are habitual i.e. alkies. Respectable drinkers are those who rarely drink i.e. not drinkers at all.

2. I dinna ken any, and I'm sure there are none.

Prisons are full of poor people who turn to crime because they have nothing. They also take strong drugs, but the correlation is not that simple.

Why do you think that?

Surely it could be applied to anything then if that's how you get addicted to things, by 'havving enough of it'.

Have enough Tomato soup and you get addicted?

Have enough choclate and you get addicted?

Certain people get addicted perhaps but to generalise that as a rule for everyone is crazy. You'll get people who take heroin but aren't addicted. It's all about an idividual.

I'm pretty sure I've went out on nights out drank a ridiculous amount of alcohol and not got addicted.

1. None, most drinkers I know are habitual i.e. alkies. Respectable drinkers are those who rarely drink i.e. not drinkers at all.

2. I dinna ken any, and I'm sure there are none.

Prisons are full of poor people who turn to crime because they have nothing. They also take strong drugs, but the correlation is not that simple.

Why are they poor in the first place then? Generally they start the cycle themselves, getting involved in drugs and then because they cant afford it they start dragging everyone else into it, their family and then the people they rob etc etc.

I wouldnt class myself as an alkie, far from it. I do like a drink but i choose to drink. Ive never been carried home or found staggering up the street. I can go over a week without a drink no problem ( not that im suggesting a week of abstinence is a long enough time to prove im not an alkie) But i bet you wouldnt find a junkie going over a week between hits.

According to the AA website:

1 - Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?

2 - Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking-- stop telling you what to do?

3 - Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?

4 - Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year?

5 - Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?

6 - Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?

7 - Has your drinking caused trouble at home?

8 - Do you ever try to get "extra" drinks at a party because you do not get enough?

9 - Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don't mean to?

10 - Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?

11 - Do you have "blackouts"?

12 - Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?

Did you answer YES four or more times? If so, you are probably in trouble with alcohol.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f**king big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f**king fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f**k you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f**king junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, p*ssing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f**ked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

I'm with Dynamo here, you won't get addicted to alcohol simply by taking too much of it, it doesn't work like that.

I'm a fairly heavy drinker but it's a lifestyle choice for me, I enjoy it, same as I like smoking, if I enjoy things I'll keep doing them.

I smoked pot every night for years but when faced with the possibility of drugs testing I gave up straight away, If I couldn't afford alcohol I'd stop buying it.

I never long for a drink at anytime and never drink before 9pm.

Alkies are escapists, they use drink as a crutch, it isn't alcohol that is the problem it's them, they use that drug because it's legal and available.