Whisky

teheeculls

Excellent film.

Underrated I would say.

On topic, I can only drink Fireball whisky, or bourbon whisky with coke. Malts aint for me.

I'm the opposite. Cannae bide bourbon for some reason. Cardhu is my favourite whisky but I'm not a whisky snob by any means.

• Downvote 1

That Honey Jack Daniels is tremendous.

Purists will deride it and scoff... but usually purists are up-their-own-arse types who need to shut the fuck up and keep their snobby pish to themselves.

I will happily punch a baby to get to a bottle of Honey Jack.

Happily.

Right, I've had enough of this.

It's been almost 16 years since I had a very, very bad night as a 16 year old on some god awful cheap whisky from the local Mace. Drank the whole bottle with my mate in about an hour and proceeded to puke my ringer for the rest of the evening. Used to love whisky, but the mere smell of it makes me boak now.

It's a disgrace and something I need to rectify! I figure if I take it easy and slowly I'll be able to get over my desire to be sick and will grow to love the stuff again.

What would you experts recommend as a nice whisky to ease me back in? I'm in the mood to buy a bottle on my way home and have a dram tonight!

Boy at the shoppy where I buy my champers, wine and spirits recommended Longrow whisky. Never heard of it but bought a bottle at the weekend. Nae idea fit he wiz on aboot describing it as having a "white pepper" aftertaste but its good. A nice surprise as its unusual but hits the spot.

Hey min, fit happened to your month of detoxification to cleanse the body of impurities ?

Anyway, my pay is in, so thats close enough to the end of the month for me, will have a dram tonight to watch the classico.

It's been almost 16 years since I had a very, very bad night as a 16 year old on some god awful cheap whisky from the local Mace. Drank the whole bottle with my mate in about an hour and proceeded to puke my ringer for the rest of the evening. Used to love whisky, but the mere smell of it makes me boak now.

It's a disgrace and something I need to rectify! I figure if I take it easy and slowly I'll be able to get over my desire to be sick and will grow to love the stuff again.

What would you experts recommend as a nice whisky to ease me back in? I'm in the mood to buy a bottle on my way home and have a dram tonight!

Dalwhinnie or Arran is relatively gentle and are nice malts - if you want something with a bit more body a Macallan or Balvennie should hit the spot - I'd avoid Islay/West Highland malts for the time being until you are properly eased back in unless you of a cheesepipes disposition. There are lots of grand malts out there so hopefully your first bottle won't be your last.

Dalwhinnie or Arran is relatively gentle and are nice malts - if you want something with a bit more body a Macallan or Balvennie should hit the spot - I'd avoid Islay/West Highland malts for the time being until you are properly eased back in unless you of a cheesepipes disposition. There are lots of grand malts out there so hopefully your first bottle won't be your last.

Thanks Crossbow, I'll have a look in the bottle shop on my way home and see if I can see any Dalwhinnie or Arran. I'm looking for something gentle and nice to ease me back in.

I was going to buy a bottle the other day actually, for some reason I picked up a bottle of 15 year old Highland Park, but put it back down again.

I don't want to pick the wrong malt in case it puts me off for another 15 years!

Recently finished this...

http://www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk/acatalog/w010.html

Thought it was outstanding and was struggling going a night without pouring myself a dram or two. By far the best whisky I have ever had.

You get boxes with 3 or 4 miniature bottles of good malts. Be a good idea to be able to sample a few without spending thirty sheet and hating your first one.

I'll have a look cheesepipes. The local bottle shops probably won't stock this, but there's one about an hour away that has a great slection of whisky and will have minatures of some malts.

I was up watching telly last night and had a look in the drinks cupboard. I found a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 Year Old that I had bought about two years ago and never got round to trying.

I had a wee dram last night and have to say, I quite enjoyed it. The smell didn't put me off and the taste was nice enough. I'll try a few more over the weekend and see how I get on, before going to the bottle shop and seeing what they have to offer.

• 11 months later...

Listen up homeys.

There are two breeds of whisky that originate from Orkney. We might assume pedantic pedantry is built into their process, if harcus is anything to go by.

Highland Park, the biggest Orcadian export, is widely acclaimed. I da like it, personally.

Scapa however, this is a different kettle of mumbai-marmosets.

At £49 a pop, it's way beyond the imaginations of most. I would never have paid that much for a bottle in my 20's or 30's.

This is nectar. Sheer nectar. Best whisky I've ever tasted. Ever. In case I forgot to say ever.

• Upvote 1

Is it dark like a Hebridean whisky? Peaty as stewed tea?

Nope. Clear like a Speyside but with more gold in colour and texture. Zero peat hint, just class.

Never tasted anything as good. Just opened a bottle, my first taste o it since pre Xmas.

It was recommended by a cunt I like. He never let me down. This is my 4th bottle. There will be many more.

Nah not dark quite light really.

i knew a group of girls from wick when at uni.

they all had teh morals of an alley cat.

still, at least they had enough gumption to escape wick.

Was at RGU and you could creep the birds on the uni system. One of my class mates found the bird he rid at the weekend. Turns out she was from Wick. Anyways of the 3 other lads there 3 had nailed her and were indeed now custard cousins. So of my sample of my class 100% had fucked her. :happy: The midden.

Seen her wedding day all dressed up in white on FB not that long ago. Couldn't help but wonder if she was prolasped front and back.

Holy shit derv. My son has been nailing the whole of Eberdeen recently (a year or two to go before I tell him to simmer down and steer him towards a different wye o looking at it) and one of his recents was an irish lassie fae Wick. There canna be too mony o them, surely?

There once was a lassie fae Wick,

Who the intellectual known as tup thought was thick

Turned out she was a slut

With a big hairy mutt

Who accommodated ony cunt who pulled out his prick

PS: tup was right. She wisna brainy, like.

Holy shit derv. My son has been nailing the whole of Eberdeen recently (a year or two to go before I tell him to simmer down and steer him towards a different wye o looking at it) and one of his recents was an irish lassie fae Wick. There canna be too mony o them, surely?

Sure she is irish and not just a what we would call a tink? Canna beat a clean tink for a ride though. I'm sure he enjoyed it.

Sure she is irish and not just a what we would call a tink? Canna beat a clean tink for a ride though. I'm sure he enjoyed it.

The boy's an animal. Just deein fit his auld man did at his age.

I caught diseases that were respectable back then. Even got the Woolmanhill receptionist oot on a a date. She never fucked me, surprisingly.