Whisky

teheeculls

• 2 months later...

Worthwhile banging this in here.

Had to visit site today at work to check out an incident. Steamroller driver wiped out two lampposts today while flattening the road for camp. Absolutely steaming and a half bottle of whisky found in the cab. Supposed to be a dry camp as well.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :beer: :beer:

Glencairn glasses FTW.

Was in the grill with some mates over visiting from poland. One asked the barman "Where can I buy these glasses?" barman replied "Eh...? Just nick a couple.". :whistling:

My favorite is probably Highland Park these days, was a Laphroaig man but HP has a decent balance. Old Pulteney is great too but you've gotta be careful with the water. Just a bit too much and it goes cloudy.

Was in the grill with some mates over visiting from poland. One asked the barman "Where can I buy these glasses?" barman replied "Eh...? Just nick a couple.". :whistling:

My favorite is probably Highland Park these days, was a Laphroaig man but HP has a decent balance. Old Pulteney is great too but you've gotta be careful with the water. Just a bit too much and it goes cloudy.

Madness.

Not a fan of your whisky choices as it is but putting water in whisky is just wrong.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How expensive you talking about like?

A decent single malt is around the 35-40 mark.

I'm no expert, but you see stuff for the upwards of 50 quid.

I've got in the house just now - Ardbeg 10, Lochnagar 12, Highland Park 12 and glenlivet 12 - Glenlivet my least favorite out that lot

• 3 weeks later...

I know jack shit about whisky, but a friend got me a bottle of Laphroaig 10 Year Old Douglas of Drumlanrig, as a gift to mark my daughters birth.

Has anyone tried it, or knows anything about it?

It seems to get good reviews online, so is this the kind of thing to keep as a treasure and secretly quaff while serving Tesco Value Whisky to my guests?

Laphroiag is nice, smokey as fuck like and not as good as Ardbeg, which is the greatest whisky made

Dunno about the other one

Thanks Zeus.

I googled and found a site explaining the "Douglas of Drumlanrig" bit, it says:

Douglas of Drumlanrig is a collection of single cask bottlings from independent bottlers, Hunter Laing, that have been personally endorsed and approved by the Duke himself. Bearing the image of the Douglas family seat - Drumlanrig Castle in Dumfries and Galloway - these selected malts are generally between 10 and 20 years of age.The Laphroaig Distillery is situated in Port Ellen, Isle of Islay.

So I think this is a 10 yr old laphroaig offered by an independent bottler (?).

Doing an image search, there are other whiskys (eg talisker, littlemill etc) offered under the same "Douglas of Drumlanrig" banner, in very similar packaging.

Why would whisky producers allow their products to be sold via an independent bottler like this? (unless its a convenient way to dispose of their dregs? lol)

Its all very confuisng. Cognac is much easier to understand!