Nfl

RAZOR

21 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

How right you were and it was even worse than I expected.

Looked for a short spell (when it went 14-10) that it might be close but once Dallas were up by 2 scores, it was a dominant display by Dallas. 

I don't think they'll be too far away from winning it all this year. Can see them taking out Philly but I'm not sure quite how they beat the 49ers who appear to have the Indian sign over Dallas. If Dallas can work that match-up out, they are as good as anyone else in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Looked for a short spell (when it went 14-10) that it might be close but once Dallas were up by 2 scores, it was a dominant display by Dallas. 

I don't think they'll be too far away from winning it all this year. Can see them taking out Philly but I'm not sure quite how they beat the 49ers who appear to have the Indian sign over Dallas. If Dallas can work that match-up out, they are as good as anyone else in the NFL. 

No way the Cowboys beat Eagles or win the superbowl.

Dak ain't a good enough QB and Pollard has struggled to get things done on the ground most of the season. Ceedee Lamb is a great WR, but the defence have done half the offenses job for them against a lot of weak match ups so far this season.

There's one guy who's scored 5 pick sixes so far lol. 

58 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Dolphins to win by 10 points or over later?

I don't know but it was one of the questions on Paddy Power yes or no for 5k (I'm on question 8 of 15).

Cheers

Jets defence has been very good but has shown signs of easing off recently. 
Miami offence is great but has slowed down recently. All depends what teams show up.

I reckon it'll win but it's a 60:40 call that way for me. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Jets defence has been very good but has shown signs of easing off recently. 
Miami offence is great but has slowed down recently. All depends what teams show up.

I reckon it'll win but it's a 60:40 call that way for me. 

Okay I'll skip the question for now cause that's not enough for me.

Cheers. 

23 hours ago, Parklife said:

Dallas lose to good teams though, yeah they may well beat the Eagles in the next match but I know which of the two is the better side and which one is more likely to go and win the superbowl and it isn't Dallas.

I think Dallas have only beat 4 'winning' teams this year, poor on the road as well which makes winning the whole thing very difficult for them.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Dallas lose to good teams though, yeah they may well beat the Eagles in the next match but I know which of the two is the better side and which one is more likely to go and win the superbowl and it isn't Dallas.

I think Dallas have only beat 4 'winning' teams this year, poor on the road as well which makes winning the whole thing very difficult for them.

They've only played 6 of those. 

They lost a tight one on the road to Philly and got blown out by the 'niners (which I've talked about above already). 

There's very few teams in the NFL better than Dallas. Hence why they're 5th favourite to win the Super Bowl. If they were in the AFC, they'd probably be close in odds to the Chiefs as favourites for the AFC Championship. 

52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They've only played 6 of those. 

They lost a tight one on the road to Philly and got blown out by the 'niners (which I've talked about above already). 

There's very few teams in the NFL better than Dallas. Hence why they're 5th favourite to win the Super Bowl. If they were in the AFC, they'd probably be close in odds to the Chiefs as favourites for the AFC Championship. 

I don't rate them that highly, they are very good at beating the breaks off trash teams, doing a lot of work late on when the game is alright won, I can't see them beating Philly or Niners when it matters.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't rate them that highly, they are very good at beating the breaks off trash teams, doing a lot of work late on when the game is alright won, I can't see them beating Philly or Niners when it matters.

That's fine but you appear to be trying to make them out as not very good when they're quite clearly the 3rd best team in the NFC. 

Defence is top 3 in the league, O-line is starting to look like one of the best in the league, Lamb is starting to look elite and Dak has been outstanding for the past 4 or 5 games. 

They look a team who's getting better as the weeks go on. They've a tough run of games coming up against decent teams that'll be informative as to how good they are though. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's fine but you appear to be trying to make them out as not very good when they're quite clearly the 3rd best team in the NFC. 

Defence is top 3 in the league, O-line is starting to look like one of the best in the league, Lamb is starting to look elite and Dak has been outstanding for the past 4 or 5 games. 

They look a team who's getting better as the weeks go on. They've a tough run of games coming up against decent teams that'll be informative as to how good they are though. 

I feel they are overrated by a lot of people, not specifically you but plenty go way over the top, especially when they are running up a score against some shit.

Dak has been good lately but there's always a stinker lurking around the corner with him, I rare Lamb, Pollard and their run game in general is not that great of late though.

35 minutes ago, minijc said:

I feel they are overrated by a lot of people, not specifically you but plenty go way over the top, especially when they are running up a score against some shit.

Dak has been good lately but there's always a stinker lurking around the corner with him, I rare Lamb, Pollard and their run game in general is not that great of late though.

Run game has been poor, agreed. Showed some good signs on Thursday (against one of the better run defences in the nfl).  

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 4:30 PM, Andy_123 said:

No way the Cowboys beat Eagles or win the superbowl.

Dak ain't a good enough QB and Pollard has struggled to get things done on the ground most of the season. Ceedee Lamb is a great WR, but the defence have done half the offenses job for them against a lot of weak match ups so far this season.

There's one guy who's scored 5 pick sixes so far lol. 

On 11/25/2023 at 12:55 PM, minijc said:

So Dallas pulled Phillie's pants down, bent them over the desk & pumped them silly in Primetime. 

Philly might still win the division (their remaining schedule has 3 cakewalks in 4 games, while Dallas have to go to Buffalo and Miami) but Dallas are the better team out of the two. 

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So Dallas pulled Phillie's pants down, bent them over the desk & pumped them silly in Primetime. 

Philly might still win the division (their remaining schedule has 3 cakewalks in 4 games, while Dallas have to go to Buffalo and Miami) but Dallas are the better team out of the two. 

Honestly didn't think Dallas were that special, maybe they didn't need to be, Philly yet again hurt themselves more than the opposition did, for Smith and AJ to have as many drops as that is just disgusting.  

Just now, Parklife said:

Jeezo. Don't back doon, double doon. 

Not even doing that, as I said, maybe Dallas didn't need to be, they deserved to win but for me Philly caused their own problems. 

Sean Desai needs replaced, first half defence was very poor which Dallas exploited however on the other side of the ball you can't been dropping/missing catches like Smith and AJ did.

Most sensible folk had Eagles and Dallas splitting the two games, that's happened, the disappointment is the manner of the defeat last night. 

All season the Eagles haven't managed to put a whole game together, that stems from the coordinators imo.  Last night two of the most reliable guys on the team dropped relatively easy balls, they make a couple of them it's a different game, especially with how the defence played in the second half.

One thing I've add as well and it didn't impact the result but fuck me, the refs this year have been abysmal, showed up too much in the game last night as they have done in most games this season, NFL need to be looking at making changes.

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not even doing that, as I said, maybe Dallas didn't need to be, they deserved to win but for me Philly caused their own problems. 

Sean Desai needs replaced, first half defence was very poor which Dallas exploited however on the other side of the ball you can't been dropping/missing catches like Smith and AJ did.

Most sensible folk had Eagles and Dallas splitting the two games, that's happened, the disappointment is the manner of the defeat last night. 

All season the Eagles haven't managed to put a whole game together, that stems from the coordinators imo.  Last night two of the most reliable guys on the team dropped relatively easy balls, they make a couple of them it's a different game, especially with how the defence played in the second half.

One thing I've add as well and it didn't impact the result but fuck me, the refs this year have been abysmal, showed up too much in the game last night as they have done in most games this season, NFL need to be looking at making changes.

Simple question, do you think Philly are a better team than Dallas? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Fair play to them, but again the Cowboys defence did a lot of the heavy lifting and Hurts doesn't look to be at 100% at the moment.

We've seen the Cowboys do this fairly regularly over the past few years - look pretty good up until crunch time then crumble. I still think it'll be the same this year.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Fair enough. Hard to draw that conclusion from watching the match ups they've played but we all see things differently, I guess. 

Beating Dallas, Chiefs, Bills and Miami would suggest they are a good team, showed in those games that defence can work and the offense can work, there are issues though and as I said they haven't been able to put it all together for a whole match.

If the defence shows up like it did in Kanas, Philly will more often than not be fine, offence has stuttered most season but with Hurts, Swift (criminally underused 1st half) AJ, Smith and Goedert they should never be out of a game, Brian Johnson needs to be better with the play calls.

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Beating Dallas, Chiefs, Bills and Miami would suggest they are a good team, showed in those games that defence can work and the offense can work, there are issues though and as I said they haven't been able to put it all together for a whole match.

If the defence shows up like it did in Kanas, Philly will more often than not be fine, offence has stuttered most season but with Hurts, Swift (criminally underused 1st half) AJ, Smith and Goedert they should never be out of a game, Brian Johnson needs to be better with the play calls.

I'm not saying they're not a good team. Just that the Cowboys are a better one. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Still in the play off race but they're not very good. Doubt they'll make it and, if they do, they'll be one and done. 

Stopped following it. Used to enjoy them doing well but didn't mean much to me in truth, just enjoyed watching without a major understanding of what was really happening.

I'll maybe take to following it again. Saw some of the KC game last night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, Andy_123 said:

Fair play to them, but again the Cowboys defence did a lot of the heavy lifting and Hurts doesn't look to be at 100% at the moment.

We've seen the Cowboys do this fairly regularly over the past few years - look pretty good up until crunch time then crumble. I still think it'll be the same this year.

Lost the last 2. The Lions will be fancying their chances next week as well.

The crumble starting I reckon