Nfl

RAZOR

It will be interesting how Americans react to the two big and one HUGER THAN HUGE soccer fitba tournaments over the next three summers and how the 2026 World Cup fares against NFL hoopla. I keep trying to explain to them Americanists how ABSOLUTELY MAMMOTH the 2026 World Cup is going to be and even the hardcore MLS fans don't quite grasp how mental it's going to be. 

Anyway, rest in peace, Jim Brown, that guy was something else...

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

More or less than folk went over the top about the super-duper Eagles? 

No one went over the top with the Eagles, main train of thought was that, despite gri nding through games they would eventually start blowing teams away, that hasn't happened.  Really cute that it took you a week to reply though, even though you were in other threads around the time I posted that last week, all the best cunto!

9 hours ago, minijc said:

No one went over the top with the Eagles, 

They did. Both in this thread and generally. The two games against Dallas showed who the better team is. People didn't want to believe the evidence of their eyes though.

Now it looks like Philly will be 5th seed and  likely getting smashed up in Santa Clara in the divisional round (if they get there). Lovely stuff. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

They did. Both in this thread and generally. The two games against Dallas showed who the better team is. People didn't want to believe the evidence of their eyes though.

Now it looks like Philly will be 5th seed and  likely getting smashed up in Santa Clara in the divisional round (if they get there). Lovely stuff. 

Philly were constantly getting shat on by the talking heads of the sports, maybe a couple who didn't follow that line but it's not uncommon for that to happen.

Meanwhile the Cowboys are overhyped year or year despite their QB achieving fuck all in play offs.  Philly losing to 49ers will probably happen but lets see how the YAC merchant Purdy gets on, last time in a play off game his OL shat it and he got hurt, while their defence couldn't stop the Philly run.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

Meanwhile the Cowboys are overhyped year or year despite their QB achieving fuck all in play offs.  

Cool. They're a better team than Philly though. That's what I've said and that's what was evident from the two games the teams played against each other. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cool. They're a better team than Philly though. That's what I've said and that's what was evident from the two games the teams played against each other. 

Are they though?  Doesn't look that way to me and I know who I'd be backing if they played each other again.

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Are they though?  Doesn't look that way to me and I know who I'd be backing if they played each other again.

Yeah. They are. They smashed Philly one of the two matches and were 2 yards away from winning the other. 

Dallas are a flawed team, especially away from home, but they're superior to Philly. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Aye, reason being you bring up the '2 yards away' even though that highlights Cowboys failings then you claim they are superior, GGs. 

No. It was brought up to show Dallas were close to winning one game (and also won the other by a street). They were one play from sweeping the Eagles. 

You're not being logical but it's the internet and no one likes to admit they've been proven wrong. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

No. It was brought up to show Dallas were close to winning one game (and also won the other by a street). They were one play from sweeping the Eagles. 

You're not being logical but it's the internet and no one likes to admit they've been proven wrong. 

But it didn't happen, Eagles covered the the player well, managed to stop Dak Attack going for a 2 point conversion too.  It's too easy to go to the "but this nearly happened" if it wasn't for poor officiating the other night, Dallas would have lost too.

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

But it didn't happen

I know. Hence why they didn't win and why they didn't sweep the Eagles. 

They're a better team than the eagles though and that showed up over the balance of the two matches they played against each other. 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know. Hence why they didn't win and why they didn't sweep the Eagles. 

They're a better team than the eagles though and that showed up over the balance of the two matches they played against each other. 

They split two games, you talk as if Dallas are one of the best teams to ever play the sport, you're better than this Parky.

Just now, minijc said:

They split two games, you talk as if Dallas are one of the best teams to ever play the sport, you're better than this Parky.

Nah. Dallas have loads of issues. Some really good players but they don't run the ball well enough and their defence has really regressed, to the point it's a weakness. They also can't be relied upon to turn red zone trips in to TD's enough of the time. 

Probably the 5th most likely to win the Super Bowl this year. I'd have ravens, bills, niners and chiefs all more likely. I'd struggle to see Dallas beating any of that 4. 

I don't think Dallas are brilliant at all. I just think they're better than the Eagles (who I think have been massively overrated by most). 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah. Dallas have loads of issues. Some really good players but they don't run the ball well enough and their defence has really regressed, to the point it's a weakness. They also can't be relied upon to turn red zone trips in to TD's enough of the time. 

Probably the 5th most likely to win the Super Bowl this year. I'd have ravens, bills, niners and chiefs all more likely. I'd struggle to see Dallas beating any of that 4. 

I don't think Dallas are brilliant at all. I just think they're better than the Eagles (who I think have been massively overrated by most). 

You were saying they were one of the best sides around ffs.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

So?

So, it's logical to suggest the bookies think they have the equal 3rd greatest likelihood to win it. 

So it's logical to suggest that 5th best team is a reasonable assessment of their level. 

We could've had a proper discussion like adults but you've offered "lol", "lmao" and making up that I think Dallas are "one of the best teams to ever play the sport", so I'd say you're incapable of doing that. 

Byee 👋

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So, it's logical to suggest the bookies think they have the equal 3rd greatest likelihood to win it. 

So it's logical to suggest that 5th best team is a reasonable assessment of their level. 

We could've had a proper discussion like adults but you've offered "lol", "lmao" and making up that I think Dallas are "one of the best teams to ever play the sport", so I'd say you're incapable of doing that. 

Byee 👋

I don't rate the bookies opinion and think that their price is not good.