"hillsborough Files To Be Released"

Discussing Hillsborough with LIverpool fans is like discussing Bloody Sunday with a tim, fuckin pointless. They all believe everybody that was involved was a saint except for the authorities who were 100% to blame.

It's a tragedy for the folk that died and their families, of course, who would disagree with that?

Liverpool fans ( and Celtics) love to wallow in their victimhood. The clubs themselves realise this and exploit it, their dimwitted followers are too stupid to realise this tho. A 2 minute silence to mark e issue of a report, fuck me.

Now they've got the truth will that be end of it ? I fear not there will be calls for another enquiry, compo claims and possibly criminal claims.

Time to let the victims rest in peace now, but knowing the Scouser mentality that will not happen

So you feel that the police can make things up, amend statements and not be held accountable?

Add the fact the ground had no safety certificate and vital film evidence has gone missing.

Thankfully the families fought for this, I assume you would have just accepted what the Sun said and left it at that.

I honest to fuck cannot believe the reactions of some folk on here.

Hillsborough stands out pretty clearly to me, because I had only just started to attend football, I can remember my dad and grandad saying at the time 'there by the grace of god...", I didn't understand why they said that at the time, as I got older I understood more, and thought anyone that ever stood on a terrace in a packed crowd at a game thought the same - that could be anyone.

That folk think that Liverpool fans have only pursued anything but the truth for the last 23 years is shocking to me, I know people are entitled to opinions, but to say Liverpool fans killed Liverpool fans oversimplifies the situation. The amount that comes out today proves that.

I ask, if a member of their family is out and has a bit of a set-to with a drunken passer by, gets stabbed and dies bleeding on the pavement and it was covered up that a police car was over at the side of the street, doing nothing as the argument builds, then when a passer by calls an ambulance, the policeman stops it from assisting until its too late. You know they did it but they falsify any statements blaming themselves for not intervening. The whole thing is blamed on a drunken argument. Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but how pissed off would you be?

Shocking will be when you see what this costs you and me in increased Council tax and loss in amenities...I know you support the team but the scouse are an abomination of a breed...just watch and see what these cu*ts try and screw the country for

And if it were your family would you not do the same

Have not been on this form to long but in the time i have i can clearly see you are a fucking muppet of the highest order.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Its not about how good/bad some Liverpool fans are.

Its about 96 people going to the footie on a Saturday afternoon and not coming home

Then getting blamed due to a massive police cover up

One lad was only 10 years old for fucks sake do you think it was his own fault

It's funny, but only today am I reading online that the 96 who died were accused of being in some way responsible for this, I've never seen it put this way before today, just rather that 'the Liverpool fans were responsible', ie. the ones at the back with no tickets cramming their way in.

Ah well, like Michael Shields, the thing that matters is that someone else is to blame, no point actually acknowedging a Scouser did actually drop a paving stone on a Bulgarian waiter's head, just that the one convicted of it got released and pardoned. I imagine the diffference here though will be, that cries will now go up to bring those 'responsible' to trial (as long as they're not Scousers), unlike the deafening silence that followed once Shields was released.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's funny, but only today am I reading online that the 96 who died were accused of being in some way responsible for this, I've never seen it put this way before today, just rather that 'the Liverpool fans were responsible', ie. the ones at the back with no tickets cramming their way in.

Ah well, like Michael Shields, the thing that matters is that someone else is to blame, no point actually acknowedging a Scouser did actually drop a paving stone on a Bulgarian waiter's head, just that the one convicted of it got released and pardoned. I imagine the diffference here though will be, that cries will now go up to bring those 'responsible' to trial (as long as they're not Scousers), unlike the deafening silence that followed once Shields was released.

Don't like to agree with these types of posts but I unfortunately do.

Some people! I'm no fan of Liverpool Football Club, and it is completely true that they smugly wallow in a state of vainglorious self-pity almost constantly, but it's been clear for years now that something has stunk about the police's involvement in Hillsborough.

The revelations today are shocking... I had thought it was likely the police had deflected attention from their deficiencies by means of a cover up. I didn't suspect they had been so disgustingly pro-active in their deceit.

Drunk, aggressive and stupid Liverpool fans no doubt played their part in the tragedy. Various other bodies have been negligent in the extreme too.

But after today, the Police involved are the lowest of the lot in the whole piece. Absolutely despicable.

Taking it away from the police...

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/SYP000048230001.pdf

That's the scariest article of the lot. That 2,800 tickets were sold for an area that after proper review the capacity was actually 1,500?

There are other documents to, the two teams played the year before and a fan reported similar crushing at the game and wrote to the authorities about it.

A complete disregard for life.

Aye neither are you...we will all have to pay for the undoubted massive payout the scouse will demand...Jeez "Steems"...the Goverment will have to claw it back somehow

I have neither the time or inclination to point out the flaws in your argument - suffice to say if you're not bright enough to see them yourself then it says a lot.

And in answer to your other point, yes I do know a few scousers, as do I geordies, mancs and weegies amongst others. Luckily, unlike you I don't generalise people.

That's the scariest article of the lot. That 2,800 tickets were sold for an area that after proper review the capacity was actually 1,500?

There are other documents to, the two teams played the year before and a fan reported similar crushing at the game and wrote to the authorities about it.

About 7 years ago I was in the shed end at Tannadump for a big cup game which was 'pay at the gate' for some reason. It was way over sold, folk (including old folk & kids) were having to sit on the steps etc.

Obviously due to the nature of the shed end and the fact there are no fences anymore, there was no danger of a crush. But it highlighted to me that those in charge had total disregard for our safety.

newcastle match membern' timestamp='1347485438' post='818781']

About 7 years ago I was in the shed end at Tannadump for a big cup game which was 'pay at the gate' for some reason. It was way over sold, folk (including old folk & kids) were having to sit on the steps etc.

Obviously due to the nature of the shed end and the fact there are no fences anymore, there was no danger of a crush. But it highlighted to me that those in charge had total disregard for our safety.

I sat in the united end, absolute shambles......

Do not want to go off topic but i have been to a few big games over the years that were well overcrowded

Mostly in the standing days and most of the games in England although i remember one game at pittodrie a scotland U21 that was well over what it should have been

I remember seeing loads of people coming over the beach end wall although it was nothing in the scale of some others.

The police covered up they weren't to blame.

They covered up that people were dead when they weren't.

41 people could have potentially been saved.

Why has it taken 23 years, disgrace.

Cameron: 'Liverpool fans were NOT to blame for the disaster'.

The hidden papers have been released and now the truth is out. The police fucked up that day, and it was covered up... 164 police statements changed to delete negative comments about the police. Shocking.

Just read some reports on it. I can see the campaign increasing. There are bound to be prosecutions now or scapegoats depending on which side you are on in this debate.

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

<snip>

Heysel was a disgrace. Hillsborough was a disgrace. There is no suggestion of incompetence or corruption in the former. There is now proof of both, and more, in the latter.

The unfortunate common denominator in both however, is Liverpool fans. My own personal experience of them is not good. I remember more about having to guard against conmen in the pubs and pickpockets when entering the ground back in 89 than the game itself. I refuse to believe that Liverpool fans themselves had no part in this tragedy. There is a concept of contributory negligence in Delict in Scots law. Anyone seeking to use today to exonerate Liverpool fans of ALL responsibility are fucking idiots.

The police fucked up badly. Sheffield Wednesday fucked up badly. That the police then tried to cover up and deceive the public from having the truth revealed to them is heinous, and justice must be seen to be done in this regard. No-one has ever blamed the dead for their own deaths but it is madness to deny the role that many hundreds of Liverpool fans played in this.

The only debate is therefore the percentage of negligence and culpability that should be allocated between the incompetent (and as now proven, corrupt) authorities and the "fans" whose desperation to get into the ground inadvertently caused the deaths of 96 people from their own city, by crushing them.

:applause: Nothing more needs said.

Report proves that some supporters could have been saved if the police had resposponded appropriatly, Also proves that only 1 ambulance could get into the stadium, this further increasing the chances of sombody losing their life.

Monumental day for this country showing to what lengths the police can abuse their power in order to distort blame away from themselves of any wrong doing.

Also makes you wonder if they can get away with lying about this for 23 years what else has been covered up.

Report proves that some supporters could have been saved if the police had resposponded appropriatly, Also proves that only 1 ambulance could get into the stadium, this further increasing the chances of sombody losing their life.

Monumental day for this country showing to what lengths the police can abuse their power in order to distort blame away from themselves of any wrong doing.

Also makes you wonder if they can get away with lying about this for 23 years what else has been covered up.

reading on another board that Thatcher refused to accept criticism of the police at the time. David Mellor was asked why Thatcher sanctioned the cover up and he replied with - she doesn't like football.

Apparently that last bit was on Radio 5 yesterday

I suppose some narrow minded people will still blame Liverpool fans in this instance - after all they did turn up for a football match and went into the enclosure they were directed at by the police.

I think the fact Liverpool fans contain quite a few bad eggs is irrelevant in this incident - bad policing was the major factor.

The way football fans were treated by the authorities then is the same as some people on this thread regard Liverpool fans - they are bad uns so lets treat them all like animals.

Unfortunatley this was an accident waiting to happen - unfortunately it was the 96 people that died that paid the penalty.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That was my first away game. Think that must be the last time they've had pay at the gate for an Aberdeen game down there on a Saturday. Queue was round the stadium before the team bus had even arrived and they weren't even counting the amount of folk going in or giving out proper tickets. Just the sort of wee stubs you get out of arcade games at Codonas :nutso:

Can't believe some of the comments on here, absolutely fucking embarrassing to see some of the shite coming out of Aberdeen fan's mouths. I know things are usually fairly close to the bone on here but I thought we could reign it in when needed.

Obviously not.

Whatever your thoughts on Liverpool and their fans, the ridiculous finger pointing at them and mass generalisation of their support from that day is truly sad, I fucking pity the lot of you.

It's very easy sitting behind a computer or a laptop I suppose, I doubt most of you would air these views in public or in earshot of real Liverpool fans.

I recommend you read the Brian Reade article from the Mirror yesterday.

This will be my first and last opinion on the subject, regardless of what some of you make of my post on this.

There's no fucking point in trying to make you lot see sense at times, so I winna bother.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Alternatively, you might be so fucking thick that you think football fans shoving like fuck into one another is acceptable social behaviour. I said acceptable, not predictable. Whatever the angle, don't sit there showing us your shite, point out the shite that offends you so much.

The biggest flaw in your argument, overall, is your claim that many ticketless fans got in. There is no evidence in a 400,000 report of this but it's a line your sticking with?