Jeremy Clarkson

There is a local black family who own a carpet and furniture shop, been here for decades, and he is known as "Ali the darkie". is everyone racist who calls him by this ?

Short answer? Probably.

Wise up.

Yes,

Very much so.

Indeed. A nicer gentleman you'll never meet.

What a wonderful satire and social commentary by Clarksson on the way changing attitudes over time have changed so much that it was once considered acceptable to have the word nigger in a rhyme often used by children.

How this has then been sanitised as attitudes have changed and then morphed bizarrely in a manner that means that (some of) the members of the social group originally targeted by the offensive word now use it in to promote a proliferation of a culture in which it is "their word" (sic), and now it is more toxic to middle class whites than it could ever be to them.

What a marvellous social commentary, subtly presented. Bravo Clarksson. Piers Morgan should shove his opinions up his prolapsed faggoty arse (I mean no offence to any homos, poofs, gays, whatever the right word is now by the use of the word faggot, nor indeed so I mean any offence to small Cumbrian meat balls)

I haven't had a good foo-yung in years. A special foo-yung, crispy pancake roll, spare ribs and some Singapore noodles. Fit fine.

Had a good King Prawn Foo Yung fae Wok Wok last night....... poured a tub o curry sauce ower it fine as fook.

Always wanted to find a Chinkie that does the BBQ ribs that you used to get, they used to dye your fingers red, the sauce they use nowadays in most places is pretty tasteless.

There was a boy in my primary school with slightly olive skin and his name was 'nigger'. Don't know what his real name was.

This reminds me of that South Park episode where randy uses the 'n' word.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTUxm_n5B4

A guy in my year at school had the same skin, he was called 'Sambo' all through school. The first black guy that moved into our area was given the nickname 'Sam', don't think he ever knew why. I remember the school paper reporting one of our matches wrote '3rd goal scored by Kofi 'Sam' Miah'.

Jeremy Clarkson's controversial "slope" reference in an episode of BBC2's Top Gear is to be investigated by the media regulator in a move that is likely to heap further pressure on the beleaguered presenter.

Top Gear producer Andy Wilman has already expressed regret for any offence caused by the remark, made after Clarkson and co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May built a bridge over the River Kwai in the motoring show's Burma special broadcast in March.
As an Asian man was seen walking along the bridge, Clarkson said: "That is a proud moment, but there's a slope on it." Hammond replied: "You're right, it's definitely higher on that side."
Media regulator Ofcom has launched a formal inquiry after it received two complaints about the broadcast on 16 March this year.
Clarkson said he has been given a final warning by the BBC following the most recent controversy to surround the show after he used the N-word in an outtake.
The presenter was forced to apologise last week, issuing a video "begging for forgiveness", following claims that he had used the word while he recited the nursery rhyme, Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe in a clip that was not used on the show.
Clarkson said in his Sun column on Saturday: "I've been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked.
"And even the angel Gabriel would struggle to survive with that hanging over his head. It's inevitable that one day, someone, somewhere will say that I've offended them, and that will be that."
Clarkson was reprimanded by BBC bosses after being summoned to a meeting with the director general, Tony Hall, and the BBC's director of television Danny Cohen.
It was the latest in a long line of controversies surrounding the show and its best-known presenter.
The "slope" remark was initially picked up by actor Somi Guha, who instructed lawyers to make a formal complaint.
In a statement, Wilman responded: "When we used the word "slope" in the recent Top Gear Burma special it was a light-hearted wordplay joke referencing both the build quality of the bridge and the local Asian man who was crossing it.
"We were not aware at the time, and it has subsequently been brought to our attention, that the word 'slope' is considered by some to be offensive and although it might not be widely recognised in the UK, we appreciate that it can be considered offensive to some here and overseas, for example in Australia and the USA.
"If we had known that at the time we would not have broadcast the word in this context and regret any offence caused."