Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Hold the phone...I thought the Boom was the expensive option? In that case - 2v1 one; the majority has it Parky son - Dads going Sonos.

RF, DD - Cap doffed. See yous on the other side.

Mind....boxes and boxes of records, and a fucking humungous cunt of a stereo - 18 decks high. Now - a playerthe size of a sugarcube, and output like the milkiest softess audible nectar. Fuck tradition - progression is terrific.

Time travel soon like. Teleportation a bitty afore.

There is a record player you can hook up to your sonos to transport that sweet smooth vinyl tones throughout your abode.

Hold the phone...I thought the Boom was the expensive option? In that case - 2v1 one; the majority has it Parky son - Dads going Sonos.

RF, DD - Cap doffed. See yous on the other side.

Mind....boxes and boxes of records, and a fucking humungous cunt of a stereo - 18 decks high. Now - a playerthe size of a sugarcube, and output like the milkiest softess audible nectar. Fuck tradition - progression is terrific.

Time travel soon like. Teleportation a bitty afore.

I don't think you'll regret it Dad.

Ps 18 decks high stereo? Impressive!

You boys able to take your Sonos on holiday or to a mates, aye?

Naw.

I could take it to a mates, however they themselves all have equipment that can play music. So, it would be a bit silly.

I have a portable speaker for taking on holiday.

If you want a speaker to use in your house, take to your mates and take on holiday, it sounds like your boom thing is the best option.

@@Dad will you be taking your speaker on holiday or to your mates?! Or just using it for playing loud rock based tunes to annoy your neighbour and air guitar to?

Sonos provides outstanding sound

And a great/ simple user interface

Wouldn't use anything else

Agreed.

Have a 3 in the kitchen and a 1 in the lobby upstairs.

You can get a decent deal on Sonos Play 1 just now if you're willing to buy a used one (about 100 quid) as plenty folk are trading in to get the latest version with this alexa pish which is 50 quid extra new.

Why you'd want Alexa for it when it's controlled via your app anyway I'll never know. Sometimes technology over invents itself IMO.

Alexa play Cliff Richard Wired for Sound (Legendary tuneage)

Takes about two seconds more to search "Wired for sound" on the app and play it anyway and 50 quid in your pocket for some reasonable grade council cocaine to snort while listening to Sir Cliff.

Agreed.

You can get a decent deal on Sonos Play 1 just now if you're willing to buy a used one (about 100 quid) as plenty folk are trading in to get the latest version with this alexa pish which is 50 quid extra new.

Why you'd want Alexa for it when it's controlled via your app anyway I'll never know. Sometimes technology over invents itself IMO.

Takes about two seconds more to search "Wired for sound" on the app and play it anyway and 50 quid in your pocket for some reasonable grade council cocaine to snort while listening to Sir Cliff.

My mate bought one of them - he said the novelty wore off after day 2 and most of the time he uses the app to play tunes as it can't pick up his daft accent.

Well worth the extra cash

Agreed.

You can use any Alexa speaker to control the old style ones.

I have an echo dot I use to control mine.