Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Pish shit spew or spunk?

Defo nae spunk. Saved all my sick for the taxi, compensated the driver accordingly because that is terrible behaviour. 1am was the worst rain I’ve ever seen, so it could have just been that as I was drenched from head to toe but I more than likely pished myself, probably more than once.

Sounds pretty good to me too actually.

I think for this sort of thing, I'd either not bother at all as someone else mentioned, or go totally all out on it.

The middle ground (some miniatures) is where you don't want to be. That's just sad.

The pocket watch is the worst bit. Other than Millerman who likely has a Swiss movement incredibly expensive and bespoke pocket watch who would ever use such a thing? Itll sit in a drawer gathering dust from the Monday after the wedding.

Cigar box and cigars not so bad as long as you actually smoke cigars otherwise a pointless piece of tat long since forgotten in 12 months time.

You need strong words with your wife.

• Upvote 1

The pocket watch is the worst bit. Other than Millerman who likely has a Swiss movement incredibly expensive and bespoke pocket watch who would ever use such a thing? Itll sit in a drawer gathering dust from the Monday after the wedding.

Cigar box and cigars not so bad as long as you actually smoke cigars otherwise a pointless piece of tat long since forgotten in 12 months time.

Yeah

I got given a plastic viking drinking horn for being a best man once. Used it while watching the Denmark WC games (the groom is Danish) quality gift that cost less than the bottle of beer it came with. It's the thought that counts.

What thought did your wife have? These cunts look like a cuban Jacob Rees-Mogg with terrible punctuality?

Ive only ever worn my pocket watch for weddings. Its a token gift so we all match on the day. And we all like a cigar at a wedding so Ive got them there cigar for the day in a wee box. I really couldnt care less if they use it again after the wedding to be honest. Ive been an usher or best man that many times I have gifts stuffed in a drawer Ive never used. Im pretty sure the folk who gave me them dont really care either.

One gift for being an usher was a round of golf at the Fairmont st Andrews. Cant use that again, so dont get your argument here pally.

I divorced the bitch years ago.

I hate public speaking, was best man at 19 for my mate.....speech was horrendous, shat my pants (not literally, I was in a Kilt anyway obvs) second time was for my brothers wedding, 14 years later, speech went well, not as nervous. Definitely requires a bit of confidence or maturity or both........not sure about shoulder width though

I did a best man speech last year

I wasn't allowed any drugs beforehand. And my speech was entirely rewritten when vetted by some more sensible people than me, the night before.

Managed to hold up the first dance though. Nowhere to be found, racking up lines in the ladies toilet with a bridesmaid. Then the party started.

Tough gig, when sober