Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

5 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Got any fender basses for sale? @Beachend Bootboy

Would love a 70s Jazz with the block inlays. 

The only one I have is a Squier 70's Vibe in natural wood with black block inlays.  Like the one below.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/jazz-bass/squier-classic-vibe-70s-jazz-bass-maple-fingerboard-natural

6 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

^aye shes a beauty like. I like the natural finishes. 

Maybe treat myself to a dark sunburst one day

First bass I ever got was a Granston copy of a Fender Jazz in Sunburst withe the tortoise shell scratch plate.  I got the Squier 60's Vibe a year or two ago to remind me of that first one.  Great guitar too.  I've been playin' it for the last couple of weeks.  Been learinin' Sound and Vision today on it.

I'd give you a deal on the natural wood one.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/squier/squier-jazz-basses/squier-classic-vibe-60s-jazz-bass-in-3-tone-sunburst-w-ashdown-studio-jr-and-acc

3 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

First bass I ever got was a Granston copy of a Fender Jazz in Sunburst withe the tortoise shell scratch plate.  I got the Squier 60's Vibe a year or two ago to remind me of that first one.  Great guitar too.  I've been playin' it for the last couple of weeks.  Been learinin' Sound and Vision today on it.

I'd give you a deal on the natural wood one.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/squier/squier-jazz-basses/squier-classic-vibe-60s-jazz-bass-in-3-tone-sunburst-w-ashdown-studio-jr-and-acc

I like the sound of the jazz copy with the tortoise shell scratch. My first was an ibanez copy of the black and white rickenbacker Bruce Foxton had with The Jam. Bought it off some heavy metal boy when i was 13.

Sold everything but my epi 335 and sonoran acoustic when the family came along. Only thing i ever play now is the cheapo 1/2 size acoustic i got for the loon. Maybe treat myself to a decent bass in a few years.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Would love to learn bass.

Any recommendations on a solid starter bass @Beachend Bootboy?

I'd look at the Squire range.  They are made by Fender but are their so called entry level but they are not far short of Fenders more expensive models.  Have a look at their Affinity range.  You won't get better value.

https://www.gak.co.uk/Results?q=squier affinity bass

I have this one

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Well, it's not a fake Gibson as such (albeit I put the decals on the headstock to make it look more like the original) it's a brand in it's own right and there are subtle differences or Gibson would sue the arse off them if they copied them exactly.

So what make is it? The cutaway didn’t look quite right for a real one but difficult to tell from pictures.

3 minutes ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

So what make is it? The cutaway didn’t look quite right for a real one but difficult to tell from pictures.

The cut away point is a little sharper than the Gibson and the wavey bit at the top of the headstock is a little different.  There's a couple of other slight things so they can't be sued for a direct copy.  Vintage.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Only ever had a Fender Squire Strat, was decent cheap guitar think I got lucky with the build quality and had it tuned up by some boy and it played nice with decent strings. Saved up my paper money and carried a Marshall MG30gfx amp hame on the bus. Beautiful thing. 

Same set up I had as a whipper snapper. Got een for Xmas when I was about 11.