Kenny Shiels & Glory Hunters

So what about a wee boy who takes a notion to a team and sticks with them for life, glory hunter?

When you're a wee bairn... whatever you do is hardly rational... so good on you for supporting whatever whimsy makes you support kiddie.

Seriously... I don't think anyone is having a go at children really do you? Really?

Aye.

Parents should be there to nip this in the bud.

Unless it's a team that's never on the telly or gets saturation media coverage.

In that case, fair enough.

I have a weegie mate who's a Dandy, he watched the 83 cup final as a boy and begged his mum to get him a dons shirt, which she eventually gave in to and that was him a Don for life. So is he a glory hunter? I'm fairly sure he wasn't old enough to appreciate what glory hunting was and when he was old enough to realise he stuck with it, I'm sure he must've taken a fair amount of stick going through school.

When you're a wee bairn... whatever you do is hardly rational... so good on you for supporting whatever whimsy makes you support kiddie.

Seriously... I don't think anyone is having a go at children really do you? Really?

No definitely not I agree with you, I jus wonder how other people see it. I personally like it when I meet people who are Dandies but they don't come from Aberdeen, I don't care where they come from or what their reasons are for supporting Aberdeen. We need all the support we can get and every weegie in red is one less in blue or green.

Last time I looked we were living a free country....folk can support whoever thay like regardless of Geography

Kids can chop and change as much as they like...up until 10..... then they have to pick a team for life

No way 1 team for life that's it, I really don't agree with that. I hated those kids at school that were changing teams every couple of months.

Kids can chop and change as much as they like...up until 10..... then they have to pick a team for life

No way, they should ken by five, every time a Rangers player appears on the news or whatever on the telly me and the loon point at the telly and shout 'hun, hun, hun, hun'.

He was looking at his Match Atax album thing yesterday, bought him a couple of packets of the cards, he's opening them, chucks Stokes on the floor, and says 'tattie muncher. Disgusting'.

Made my heart swell thon.

We've taken to flushing the Rangers Match Atax down the bog, or on 5 Nov we attached Lafferty and Davis to a firework before lighting her up and letting rip.

Very well put.

I'm from Stirling originally, with no connection to the Dons or Aberdeen the city whatsoever, and almost certainly started out as a 'gloryhunter' in the 80s (although I was only 6 when I started, and these things are not quite as clear-cut when you're just a kid. For all I know, I might have started supporting Aberdeen because I liked the colour of the strip).

Yup, I started supporting them when I was 6 also(I also grew up in Stirlingshire). I supose it was gloryhunting, but to be fair, I was 6, all my pals were huns, and my dad told me I couldn't support them, I needed to choose someone else, and gave me 3 options, Aberdeen, United and Celtic, I chose Aberdeen, cause I knew they'd won something recently, must have been the league.

Last time we did win something, I travelled up to Aberdeen after the game, just so I could celebrate in the city!

No way, they should ken by five, every time a Rangers player appears on the news or whatever on the telly me and the loon point at the telly and shout 'hun, hun, hun, hun'.

He was looking at his Match Atax album thing yesterday, bought him a couple of packets of the cards, he's opening them, chucks Stokes on the floor, and says 'tattie muncher. Disgusting'.

We've taken to flushing the Rangers Match Atax down the bog, or on 5 Nov we attached Lafferty and Davis to a firework before lighting her up and letting rip.

Agreed...my loon and lass are AFC daft and have been since around 5...so yes...the boy horrified my missus with shouts of "come on blackie" when ever Aluko got the ball a couple of seasons ago....but thats another story

:hysterical: quality. father and son bonding over hun-hatred eh, superb!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually did a lol in my office.

Ace min.

The Irish thing about Celtic is a crock of shite. I am half Irish my Dad is from Dublin, I hold UK/Irish passports, I am a citizen of the ROI. I was born in Aberdeen, I support Aberdeen, simple. The only difference with me is I support Ireland in international matches against anybody but Scotland and I feel that is OK to do so, but Celtic can go fuck themselves, I have 16 cousins in Ireland all about my age I cant think of one that follows the mhinks.:lolceltic:

The Irish thing about Celtic is a crock of shite. I am half Irish my Dad is from Dublin, I hold UK/Irish passports, I am a citizen of the ROI. I was born in Aberdeen, I support Aberdeen, simple. The only difference with me is I support Ireland in international matches against anybody but Scotland and I feel that is OK to do so, but Celtic can go fuck themselves, I have 16 cousins in Ireland all about my age I cant think of one that ollows the mhinks.:lolceltic:

You certain they are your cousins?

Might be your brithers.

The longer this thread goes on the more it looks like Shiels was speaking absolute shit...of course he is going to bang his drum...Kilmarnock to Weegies is in distance like a down at heal Westhill for us.

FS should be ashamed of himself for getting a hard on at what is in effect...a shit manager of a shit team stating the obvious

The longer this thread goes on the more it looks like Shiels was speaking absolute shit...of course he is going to bang his drum...Kilmarnock to Weegies is in distance like a down at heal Westhill for us.

FS should be ashamed of himself for getting a hard on at what is in effect...a shit manager of a shit team stating the obvious

No, Shiels is correct.

The duopoly we have in Scotland means more and more youngsters support Rangers and Celtic, because:

1. They're the only teams that ever win anything, or have a hope of winning anything, anyone else wins by sheer fluke once in a blue moon.

2. They're the only teams ever shown on the telly.

3. They're the only teams who spend money on players, which as we all know, as Sky batter us with it, is the single most important issue in football, who's spending what, on who.

And so on and so forth, working in ever decreasing circles.

Killie had an average of well over 10,000 in the nineties so he's bang on the money.

No, Shiels is correct.

The duopoly we have in Scotland means more and more youngsters support Rangers and Celtic, because:

1. They're the only teams that ever win anything, or have a hope of winning anything, anyone else wins by sheer fluke once in a blue moon.

2. They're the only teams ever shown on the telly.

3. They're the only teams who spend money on players, which as we all know, as Sky batter us with it, is the single most important issue in football, who's spending what, on who.

And so on and so forth, working in ever decreasing circles.

Killie had an average of well over 10,000 in the nineties so he's bang on the money.

Taken on board but in Aberdeen we have the chance to right the wrong...anyone East coast north of Dundee should be an AFC supporter yes/no?....but...we are stuck with a chairman who sems to be hell bent on destroying everything Dick Donald/Alex Ferguson did to ensure the support of these people.

I honestly cannot see any way out while Milne is in charge...when Dick died putting Milne in charge was like.......putting a dog in charge of a butcher's shop.

I still think FS has got a bit over excited by Sheils stating the obvious comments....mind you since FS's wife left him hard on's have probably been few and far between...so I'll allow him this one ;)

Taken on board but in Aberdeen we have the chance to right the wrong...anyone East coast north of Dundee should be an AFC supporter yes/no?....but...we are stuck with a chairman who sems to be hell bent on destroying everything Dick Donald/Alex Ferguson did to ensure the support of these people.

I honestly cannot see any way out while Milne is in charge...when Dick died putting Milne in charge was like.......putting a dog in charge of a butcher's shop.

I still think FS has got a bit over excited by Sheils stating the obvious comments....mind you since FS's wife left him hard on's have probably been few and far between...so I'll allow him this one ;)

Fuck off ya brainless prick

No ya brainless gype, they should be an Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin or Forfar fan, and mayeb north of that a Dons fan.

As for the rest of this drivel, there were glory hunters before Fergie, some clung on during Fergie's era (we were hardly all-conquering after all) and then it ramped up again post-Fergie. To give credit to Dick Donald for anything is laughable, AFC were a force and innovative becasue of Chris Anderson, once he went, so did the ideas.

No, instead of talking about the topic, you as usual have to go off and get personal on other posters. Out of defences for your ludicrous statements of course.

Harsh I don't think I have got personal ever before...and I did it this time cause you seem to have a go at me every time you post.....plus that Monty avatar really pisses me off

No ya brainless gype, they should be an Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin or Forfar fan, and mayeb north of that a Dons fan.

As for the rest of this drivel, there were glory hunters before Fergie, some clung on during Fergie's era (we were hardly all-conquering after all) and then it ramped up again post-Fergie. To give credit to Dick Donald for anything is laughable, AFC were a force and innovative becasue of Chris Anderson, once he went, so did the ideas.

Personal slaging....your the top bannana....I think you know your way too far up yourself...probably why you find yourself on your own now...you need to chill out...folk will like you a lot more for it ;)