• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip i didn't think it was a penalty either, just looked like Pawlett was away to lose the ball but at the same time Sproule would have been wiser to not be in that situation. The red card is an absolute joke of a decision. Thomson is clearly away to book Pawlett until the linesman needlesly gets involved, however those 2 decisions aside Thomson had a fucking shocker of a match. Sproule should have been at least booked for scything Pawlett down on the touchline and O'Connor's attempts at trying to get fouls were laughable. Also think we were a tad unfortunate with some late challenges ourselves throughout the match.

How they can say this guy is Scotlands top referee is incredible, abysmal official.

Weather was horse, the game was horse, officials were horse, McArdle probably had his best game for us, Fyvie was beyond bollocks yet again, Fallon isn't good enough, Chalali injury was unfortunate and we got a hard fought if maybe lucky 3 points. That is all.

EDIT: Forgot to say well done to Deano and his teammates at half-time, i for one gave Deano a big cheer and shout of "Deano, Deano" as they ran past :applause:

Yip i didn't think it was a penalty either, just looked like Pawlett was away to lose the ball but at the same time Sproule would have been wiser to not be in that situation. The red card is an absolute joke of a decision. Thomson is clearly away to book Pawlett until the linesman needlesly gets involved, however those 2 decisions aside Thomson had a fucking shocker of a match. Sproule should have been at least booked for scything Pawlett down on the touchline and O'Connor's attempts at trying to get fouls were laughable. Also think we were a tad unfortunate with some late challenges ourselves throughout the match.

How they can say this guy is Scotlands top referee is incredible, abysmal official.

Weather was horse, the game was horse, officials were horse, McArdle probably had his best game for us, Fyvie was beyond bollocks yet again, Fallon isn't good enough, Chalali injury was unfortunate and we got a hard fought if maybe lucky 3 points. That is all.

EDIT: Forgot to say well done to Deano and his teammates at half-time, i for one gave Deano a big cheer and shout of "Deano, Deano" as they ran past :applause:

As I said in the v Hibernian thread, joke of a red card, ref would have booked Pawlett, at the most, but the linesman clearly utters "red" and there you go.

Massive 3 points and huge respect to the players for digging in and giving everything to earn them in what really was an awful game.

Brown, Jack, McArdle the standouts for me. Fyvie needs a spell on the sideline. Fallon is a cart horse, bar winning a header here and there brings absolutely nothing to the party. Would honestly rather see Mackie up top, and that says everything as I'm already on record saying he should never kick another ball for the club.

Thanks to those who gave the Deano and the boys a big cheer and clap. He's came hame like a dawg we twa tots.

As I said in the v Hibernian thread, joke of a red card, ref would have booked Pawlett, at the most, but the linesman clearly utters "red" and there you go.

Massive 3 points and huge respect to the players for digging in and giving everything to earn them in what really was an awful game.

Brown, Jack, McArdle the standouts for me. Fyvie needs a spell on the sideline. Fallon is a cart horse, bar winning a header here and there brings absolutely nothing to the party. Would honestly rather see Mackie up top, and that says everything as I'm already on record saying he should never kick another ball for the club.

Thanks to those who gave the Deano and the boys a big cheer and clap. He's came hame like a dawg we twa tots.

Go sit in the naughty corner ollie :laughing:

Go sit in the naughty corner ollie :laughing:

Rory should go to the Fallon Fake Footballer corner. Is Megginson ready for first team football. At 20 or fitiver he is you could argue he is just not good enough as he doesn't get a look in. But the time must surely have come to give him a run of games to show what he can (or can't) do. Fallon, Magennis and Mackie, obviously, have shown they just don't have it in them.

My observations from streaming online:

The standard of the SPL is shocking.

The standard of the officials in Scottish football is more shocking - Craig Thomson being the worst (I remember his first ever Aberdeen game at Pittodrie many moons ago, before apathy had set in for me, and without a shadow of a doubt it is the worst referee performance I've ever witnessed in the flesh).

Never a penalty, never a red card.

We create nothing. We have no width. We need a creative midfielder and wide players. A full back and a mobile pacey striker are also necessary.

McArdle is twice the centre half of Mawene but his distribution is woeful. I like his no nonsense approach. He is no full back however.

Fyvie isn't nearly as good as he's made out to be (got to remember he is only 18 though). Personally I'd sell if we could get

Shite game!

Never a penalty!

Never a red!

3 Points!

Thread closed!

Agree. Thought the sending off was a disgrace, but I actually expected it the way things have gone lately. In fact the only thing Thomson gave us all afternoon was the penalty which wasn't a penalty. Terrible game but most important thing is the win.

Pretty much it apart from if that was a red, then Hibs were down to 8 men on a simlar scale, maybe even less.

It's a tackle that happens atleast 3 times a game, every game, it's borderline yellow at most.

Wasn't at the game but watched it in the whitecock, thought we were the better side, just though both teams are poor and a shadow of what they were 5 years ago which is a shame but any ways we done enough i though, we lacked a spark, even when pawlett was on the pitch.

Never a pen and a never a red, we really need to attack teams more, thought Milsom had some nice bits of play but that was it, couple of others done alright too.

Penalty - no

Red card - no

O'Connors 3 dives were hilarious and glad to see action being taken

Ref - Awful

Linesman - Prick, Hun, Cheat

Good: Brown, mcardle, jack, milsom

Acceptable: Foster, arnason, osbourne, vernon

Poor: Fallon, Pawlett

Awful - Fyvie

Special mention for Fyvie. Was really excited when he broke through and has been up there with my favourite players. What the hell has Craig Brown done to him? Jack gets ball, runs, passes to Fyvie in the middle, Fyvie turns round, runs backwards and passes to centre half. This happened too many times to count. When he first came though he used to get forward all the time, pass forwards and not needlessly lose the ball all the time. Due to this Osbourne was trying to play further forward. He is good at what he does but do not ask him to beat a man, cross or shoot!

I said in live chat Osbourne wasn't great.

He wasn't his usual self and was well down my list for MOTM.

McArdle or Brown.

Osboune, once down to 10 men was our best player, I may therefore be biased due to the injustice of said 10 men position, Brown however I agree is a great shout.

As ever the sponsors motm goes to the goalscorer - and I mean no ill will here to Vernon - but ffs, stop giving these boozed up rugby fans a shout for the motm prize!

Osboune, once down to 10 men was our best player, I may therefore be biased due to the injustice of said 10 men position, Brown however I agree is a great shout.

As ever the sponsors motm goes to the goalscorer - and I mean no ill will here to Vernon - but ffs, stop giving these boozed up rugby fans a shout for the motm prize!

can't mind osbourne having much impact when we were down to 10 to be honest.

thats a ridiculous thing to say

fallons ONLY plus point was he won everything in the air

This.

Only watched about 70 minutes on ESPN before I had to go to work but while Fallon doesn't seem to pose a direct threat of any form, give him his dues. He seemed to win absolutely everything in the air within a five or ten yard radius of him.

McArdle and Brown were both solid. Very well organised.

This.

Only watched about 70 minutes on ESPN before I had to go to work but while Fallon doesn't seem to pose a direct threat of any form, give him his dues. He seemed to win absolutely everything in the air within a five or ten yard radius of him.

McArdle and Brown were both solid. Very well organised.

He doesn't score, he can't shoot (two shots in the last two games have barely got off the ground), he can't run, he lacks effort, he falls over at EVERY opportunity, (given that he can't shoot that's maybe a better option).

But he wins some headers.

Not a great game but lots of positives still to take. Brown had a great game, couple of crackin saves. McArdle is our best centre half, been saying this all season. Thought Arnie was pish yesterday. Jack had a good game. Pawlett i thought was excellent while he was on, although never a pen, and definitely never a red card.

Happy with the 3 points but the maner they were won could be questioned...blatant dive for the penalty...funny how most on here were livid about Aluko getting away with something similar a few days ago...but seem quite willing to accept one of our own doing exactly the same yesterday....it's a funny old game