Think he has proved at times he certainly can be. I don't mind Mackie but think best for everyone if he moves on at end of season as no matter what he does it will never be good enough and then hopefully we will replace him with better.

I was always happy for Mackie to be at the club, just not as a regular. Thought his pace was handy, now its gone I just dont see where he can possibly play. Never a natural finisher so never gonna oust Vernon.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he carrys on scoring when he starts why not?

Jesus wept.

Think he has proved at times he certainly can be. I don't mind Mackie but think best for everyone if he moves on at end of season as no matter what he does it will never be good enough and then hopefully we will replace him with better.

Point proven!!

I was always happy for Mackie to be at the club, just not as a regular. Thought his pace was handy, now its gone I just dont see where he can possibly play. Never a natural finisher so never gonna oust Vernon.

With pace, Mackie can be an average player and maybe pop up with the odd fluke now and then, but a goal is a goal.

Without pace (now) Mackie is not a player.

If he plays 2 from start up front and scores 2 goals then surely he should keep his place?

And can substitute the "he" for anyone for that matter.

Point proven how? Ive been going regularly for the whole of Mackies tenure in the first team, well qualified to make a judgement on him without being swayed by a couple of goals this season.

So if he carried on starting and carried on scoring it still wouldn't be ok cause you think he has been shit in previous years?

No I would be happy if he proved me wrong and kept scoring, think we all know that wont happen though. Do you think he is the answer to our problems up front?

I think he should start if scoring as i think any of our strikers should. Think he should be starting ahead of Fallon right now until he stops producing but also think Magennis should be starting ahead of Fallon and think it was shocking he made way for Fallon to come back in after scoring and actually getting into positions to score at Dunfermline, something Fallon had not done at all at that point in half dozen games. And also said earlier would start Chalali before Fallon aswell.

Shouldnt matter who his starts / goals were against.

I think it should. Start Chalali against Forfar and I reckon he could score a few.

Is it just me who remembers how gash Mackie was against Rangers. Out of position, maybe, but overall his play was diabolical. First touch is shite, can't pass and now his fabled pace is gone.

Yup mackie was fucking dire against rangers!

But again its the players out of position debate,

There is that debate, but then there is the fact that Mackie isn't good enough. Put any professional footballer in any position on the pitch, and you should expect the ability to pass, stop the ball dead, show some positional awareness etc etc. In this, Mackie abjectly failed.

Mackie has had plenty of time to prove his worth, the fact that he scored in his last two starts against lower league teams is irrelevant. Give the guys who have never had a proper run in the team a chance to show what they are worth, if they aren't good enough then so be it, but at least they had the opportunity to have a go. The chopping and changing is not doing AFC any favours, Magennis scores a goal or two and then finds himself dropped. Give him or Chalali an extended run, I say.

Just reading Craig Brown post match comments in P&J and don't hold out much hope for Pawlett not getting a ban for a dive when Brown states it wasnt a penalty and "there was no reason for Peter to go down"

Not every incident in the box has to be a penalty or a dive, just as he fell. Sproule himself admitted there was contact but wasnt a pen. Although Brown doesnt help the situation at all. Maybe meant there was no reason for him to go down as he could have got a shot on goal off.

Not every incident in the box has to be a penalty or a dive, just as he fell. Sproule himself admitted there was contact but wasnt a pen. Although Brown doesnt help the situation at all. Maybe meant there was no reason for him to go down as he could have got a shot on goal off.

Lets be honest it was a blatant dive but our manager coming out and saying it isn't going to help our chances of PP not being charged with diving.

And haven't seen any comments from Sproule at all. Link?

Lets be honest it was a blatant dive but our manager coming out and saying it isn't going to help our chances of PP not being charged with diving.

And haven't seen any comments from Sproule at all. Link?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/12/18/SOCCER_Aberdeen_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership&BID=425

Your quote is also pretty selective from Brown as he doesnt say its not a penalty at all or that PP dived. He just said the St Mirren penalties incidents were more penalties. I dont think it was a pen either just dont think you have to analyse each penalty to see if a player dived or not. Bit like the modric incident last week v Stoke looked a penalty but you couldnt actually be sure he touched him looking at the pictures.

Just reading Craig Brown post match comments in P&J and don't hold out much hope for Pawlett not getting a ban for a dive when Brown states it wasnt a penalty and "there was no reason for Peter to go down"

I'm not being funny but can Broon be trusted to continue talking to the press...the above only goes to illustrate how muddled he's become.

Joking aside maybe he could STFU and get on with what he's paid to do.

Let's be even more honest and say he'd be called a dottery old fool if he came out and defended PP after every cunt and their dog saw it was a blatant dive.

A prime example where folk will jump on the manager regardless.

McCoist made a fud of himself trying to defend Aluko, we're above all that nonsense. Hold the hands up and take what's coming to us.

Don't say anything and draw attention to it - PP hasn't been pulled up as yet.

I'm sure I read in one paper yesterday a quote from another Hib's player , Stevenson?, who was saying that there was contact but Sproule thereafter got the ball so should not of been a pen. I'm not sure that in such a situation if the compliance officer will get involved re any possible ban. :dontknow:

I'm sure I read in one paper yesterday a quote from another Hib's player , Stevenson?, who was saying that there was contact but Sproule thereafter got the ball so should not of been a pen. I'm not sure that in such a situation if the compliance officer will get involved re any possible ban. :dontknow:

Pretty much same as Aluko - slightest of touches and both take a dive when legs not touched.