Rangers V Aberdeen

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I know it is hard going to Ibrox and we haven't won there in so many years but if we play the way we can we have a chance," he added.

"It has been a long time since we won there and we would be delighted to even come away with a draw.

"I think that's what we're aiming for but who is to say we can't go down there and win."

From Considine & thank you Craig Brown for installing this type of attitude in our new Captain..

WE SHOULD BE AIMING FOR A WIN FIRSTLY & SEE A DRAW AS A FALL BACK RESULT

Shocking quote there but basically sums up the loser mentality at AFC from top to bottom!!

Nothing surer than that we will set up for 0-0 and only try to go forward when we go a goal down.

Yep

Huns 1-0 up at half time....

first 15 of second half we keep it tight....

then have a go for 10-15 minutes and make them look shakey....

then we get caught on the break in the last few minutes for a 2-0

....just like last time.

FFS, if we are to get beat, have a go, get in their faces and let them know they're in a game, dont sit off and let them have the ball....

Not really Broon's style though is it?

Be happy with what you have is Brown's motto I think.

Game starts with both teams having one point & Brown wants firstly to try & make damn sure of keeping that point rather than going out looking for more.

If another two points drop into your lap by means of a set piece or lucky break then try to hold onto those precious three points now but failing that make damn sure of that initial point.

That could basically be his pre match & half time talk for most games

Be happy with what you have is Brown's motto I think.

Game starts with both teams having one point & Brown wants firstly to try & make damn sure of keeping that point rather than going out looking for more.

If another two points drop into your lap by means of a set piece or lucky break then try to hold onto those precious three points now but failing that make damn sure of that initial point.

That could basically be his pre match & half time talk for most games

Correct - his only attacking "tactic" is an Arnason long throw, a flick on, and hope someone is in the right place to score.

I hope Jelavic is sold this week & Aluko has one of his regular 'OFF" days :crossfingers:

I think they give us a hiding this time.

With Brown's handling & the amount of crosses that will likely come into our box I fear for a big scoreline.

Agreed...coupled with the fact Broon will set up to try and get a 0-0, which is a banker, Aluko hatrick would not be a surprise

Were you at Ibrox last time out?

We were very much in their faces, Fyvie was in his element, demanding the ball and with a bit more belief we'd have taken something.

Pretty much the way any team taking something from Ibrox this season would've played.

You can have a go at them and still be sensible about it.

What about the usual first half stuff though?

We didnt do that from the outset - set the standard early.

It's always after we go a goal down.

Too little too late.

I hope Jelavic is sold this week & Aluko has one of his regular 'OFF" days :crossfingers:

I think they give us a hiding this time.

With Brown's handling & the amount of crosses that will likely come into our box I fear for a big scoreline.

Have a feeling Aluko may be motivated to have one of his better days next Saturday.

Not that I think anyone will do it but hope everyone is careful not to say any racist type remarks at Ibrox.

Obviously there'll be plenty of drunkeness & perhaps speak before thinking stuff.

There seems to be a huge crack down right now on it & it's in all the press lately & rangers would like nothing more than to try & accuse some Dandies of it at Ibrox.

• Site Sponsor

why is the game not on tv - instead its st mirren v celtic (espn) or hibs v st johnstone (alba)

those games won't have the same rivalry comapred to aberdeen v rangers

Simple. The Bigots don't get their home games on TV apart from against each other.

Broon will play deep, therefore it will be a loss.

Personally I'd seperate one of our players from training for the first couple of days to teach them how to man mark - and they can be the man marking job on Jelavic.

Keep Jelavic out of the game and you've taken away the main goal threat.

If Aberdeen want anything out of this game, this has to be thought about in training all week - picking the right man for the job is crucial.

If we man mark him odds on within 20 minutes the man marker will get sent off unless we are already losing.

We need to take the game to them so that he is not a factor,

Surely one of our centre backs can double as a creative midfielder or winger?

If we man mark him odds on within 20 minutes the man marker will get sent off unless we are already losing.

We need to take the game to them so that he is not a factor,

Surely one of our centre backs can double as a creative midfielder or winger?

Reynolds is the man for the job. Sone who?