Paul Lawrie's Corner

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

I know you're managing our expectations of you here but if, as the P&J says, you're going to do Bieldside to Bridge of Don in 20 mins what tee off time is it you're expecting on Saturday morning exactly? Three a.m.?

Or are you just working on having a Saturday tee time first :whistling:

All the very best for you and all your young proteges in the next two weeks.

Hit lovely 8 iron which got a huge kick off back of bunker that went over green into a bush , very unlucky but what's new !!

Struggled on the greens also , crowds were cool hopefully better tomorrow

Paul.

If you dinna finish in the top 6 you can donate my £20 stake on you to the Youth Development fund.

• 5 weeks later...

all quiet on the PL front,

PL, where's yer game at the moment, whats yer schedule like in the next 2-4 weeks?

Haven't played on tour since missing cut at the open as I didn't qualify for Bridgestone or the pga

I'm playing 7 of the next 9 events starting with Denmark this week

Game is ok thanks and looking forward to a run of events , was awful at the open but have hit it good last 3 weeks

Thanks Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice touch buying that schmick watch for Mr Spence, always nice to show your appreciation. Hope you bought it at JomaShop (about half the price there than anywhere else, and when you're spending that much it is a significant saving). If you bought it at a jeweller, next time you're buying a watch, come and see me and I'll get you a better price. (ChutneyLove tax included)

• 1 month later...

Paul, pro golfers are continually tinkering with their games, in a quest for improvement, and you appear no different.

But when you look at how you ran away with the Johnnie Walker at Gleneagles in 2012, and how in command of your game you were that week, isn't it a simple case of going back to the fundamentals of your game that week; what your swing thoughts were that week, and displaying them now? Going back to something that you know works?

Or is it the case that your body won't let you swing it that way now, even though it was only two years ago?

Or is it a confidence thing?

Paul, pro golfers are continually tinkering with their games, in a quest for improvement, and you appear no different.

But when you look at how you ran away with the Johnnie Walker at Gleneagles in 2012, and how in command of your game you were that week, isn't it a simple case of going back to the fundamentals of your game that week; what your swing thoughts were that week, and displaying them now? Going back to something that you know works?

Or is it the case that your body won't let you swing it that way now, even though it was only two years ago?

Or is it a confidence thing?

Sometimes it works to go back to previous swing thoughts but most of the time it doesn't , I normally only work on taking club slowly off the ball then all speed at impact during events which I've used most of my career , johnnie walker 2012 was probably one my best ball striking weeks ever , I had so much speed at bottom of swing that week , confidence plays a massive part so does attitude , I've been putting in a lot of time again on stuff so hoping for good 2015 but it's a fine line between good and mediocre

Paul.

Paul, your Eurpoean Tour matchplay event next year at Murcar, were there any other NE courses in the frame, Trumpton, Royal Aberdeen for example, or was it always going to be Murcar?

What calibre of player do you expect to attract; similiar level to the Scottish Open? Right between The Open and the USPGA

Amazing that there will be 4 Euro Tour events in Scotland next year (if you include The Open) and only one in England.

Paul, your Eurpoean Tour matchplay event next year at Murcar, were there any other NE courses in the frame, Trumpton, Royal Aberdeen for example, or was it always going to be Murcar?

What calibre of player do you expect to attract; similiar level to the Scottish Open? Right between The Open and the USPGA

Amazing that there will be 4 Euro Tour events in Scotland next year (if you include The Open) and only one in England.

The home of golf :cool: