Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul, your Eurpoean Tour matchplay event next year at Murcar, were there any other NE courses in the frame, Trumpton, Royal Aberdeen for example, or was it always going to be Murcar?

What calibre of player do you expect to attract; similiar level to the Scottish Open? Right between The Open and the USPGA

Amazing that there will be 4 Euro Tour events in Scotland next year (if you include The Open) and only one in England.

about time Scotland hosted more tour events, we should have a links leg on the european tour June-July-August

Paul, your Eurpoean Tour matchplay event next year at Murcar, were there any other NE courses in the frame, Trumpton, Royal Aberdeen for example, or was it always going to be Murcar?

What calibre of player do you expect to attract; similiar level to the Scottish Open? Right between The Open and the USPGA

Amazing that there will be 4 Euro Tour events in Scotland next year (if you include The Open) and only one in England.

Murcar have always been good to us with foundation events etc and course sets up well for matchplay so delighted to be playing there

Not sure who will play yet will be interesting to see who enters, the two weeks after our event will be Bridgestone then pga both in America so we might struggle to get many of real top,boys but you never know , really looking forward to it has been a lot of work so far but rewarding to see it announced , mike Loggie of saltire energy has been amazing as have other companies who have taken packages already, Been working hard on my own game for a few weeks now need to get back in there

Paul.

Murcar have always been good to us with foundation events etc and course sets up well for matchplay so delighted to be playing there

Not sure who will play yet will be interesting to see who enters, the two weeks after our event will be Bridgestone then pga both in America so we might struggle to get many of real top,boys but you never know , really looking forward to it has been a lot of work so far but rewarding to see it announced , mike Loggie of saltire energy has been amazing as have other companies who have taken packages already, Been working hard on my own game for a few weeks now need to get back in there

Paul.

I think McIlroy might struggle round Stathbathie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul, my loon is turning 11 next month and now he is enjoying his golf what clubs would you recommend I buy for him, hes about 5ft tall, not sure if I should stick with a junior set as I think he may strech in the next year, any advice on the best way to go here?

cheers Diamonds

If you give my golf centre a call and ask for either Craig Dempster or Simon Hanson they will get your son to come in and watch him hit some balls during custom fit session and let you know your options , I will let them know diamonds will be calling . Lol.

Hope that ok

Paul.

20th is nae bad Paul, but nae really much cope for me getting a return at the bookies. Top-4 this week please.

Edit to add: Are you playing at the Thai Classic in Hua-Hin in February? It's at Black Mountain - I think John Wither is still the pro out of there, or certainly was doing some work with them. Great course - except for a funny blind par-3 where you are faced with a wall of flowers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Expecting Brooks to fade away a bit today, he got off with some yesterday but can't fault his putting, that saved him massively. Paul is going a long nicely and no reason why he can't be in the picture later today, as for me I'll be cheering on Tommy Fleetwood, boy is he good.