Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul,

I found the 9 hole course a bit tough for my 10year old loon, I dont see it as a course for beginers, to much water, will the water stay as a feature of the course?

cheers

Tell your loon to give up golfing. If he thinks that course is tricky he's got no chance on a real mannies course like Cullen.

He should think about taking up bowls.

canna mind Cullen having any water hazards.

Tommy, day tickets at Cullen were immense, 3 rounds a day nae bother.

Loved it, Teed off about 830, 18 holes then beach for food and back to golf then beach again.

Then up to Ross's for a crackin Haddock supper.

Those were the days.

The sea min. It's a links course FFS. ;)

Some hooks and slices fae you. :happy:

Indeed Tommy, I used to go to the caravan park under the viaduct, stroll across the road, my Dad didnt play, but he would walk the course with me, my mum and him would go to the Oak for a few jars, and Id be back out in the evening, I was up there when I was 15 1 year, and ended up at some beach party, then a house party.......great chip shop and superb butcher If I mind right....oh fuck and the ice cream shop

Is that what was The Waverley ?

Yes. The Seafield Cafe was only in existence for less than a year. Jack Grimmer's auntie ran it.

Stable Bar prior to that and Kris Cros bar thereafter. Shut now along with Seafield Hotel and never to reopen. Being turned into a town house with the upcoming Seafield Hotel renovations.

Indeed Tommy, I used to go to the caravan park under the viaduct, stroll across the road, my Dad didnt play, but he would walk the course with me, my mum and him would go to the Oak for a few jars, and Id be back out in the evening, I was up there when I was 15 1 year, and ended up at some beach party, then a house party.......great chip shop and superb butcher If I mind right....oh fuck and the ice cream shop

That caravan park you speak of no longer exists. It was and indeed still is the only place in Cullen where you can harvest magic mushrooms.

Butcher also now closed (both of them)

How old are you Diamonds?

Yes. The Seafield Cafe was only in existence for less than a year. Jack Grimmer's auntie ran it.

Stable Bar prior to that and Kris Cros bar thereafter. Shut now along with Seafield Hotel and never to reopen. Being turned into a town house with the upcoming Seafield Hotel renovations.

I'm getting mixed up then. The Icer i went to was to the right of the square heading down Seafield Street.

I know Grimmer's mum and her folks - real nice people. I thought The Seafield was re-opening as a hotel

but with private flats in part of it.

I'll need to pay a visit, it's been a while.

I'm getting mixed up then. The Icer i went to was to the right of the square heading down Seafield Street.

I know Grimmer's mum and her folks - real nice people. I thought The Seafield was re-opening as a hotel

but with private flats in part of it.

I'll need to pay a visit, it's been a while.

Cullen Corner shop is the one you're on about. ice Cream Cabin is on left as you go down Seafield Street past the square.

Seafield is going to be a hotel but will also have two town houses for holiday lets or full occupancy. Not sure which yet. The old owners accomodation and the Stable bar being the two town house bits.

You should come up in a couple of weeks. It's almost time for the World Famous Portsoy Boat Festival again. Cullen will be very quiet that weekend so you'd manage a shot of Mable from the wool shop without anyone finding out.

Cullen Corner shop is the one you're on about. ice Cream Cabin is on left as you go down Seafield Street past the square.

You should come up in a couple of weeks. It's almost time for the World Famous Portsoy Boat Festival again. Cullen will be very quiet that weekend so you'd manage a shot of Mable from the wool shop without anyone finding out.

Cheers for the update, my taste buds are flowing :happy:

Mable, geez she must be some age now.

That caravan park you speak of no longer exists. It was and indeed still is the only place in Cullen where you can harvest magic mushrooms.

Butcher also now closed (both of them)

How old are you Diamonds?

dont ask a lady her age min!

perv

I will be heading up to Cullen sometime this month anyways so will see ficht like.

The boat festival did sound shite last time round... however I would only go for pints and sunshine.

Lucky You.......................

Place is a dive if it wizna for my Mither still living there I widna be back

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

You may not wish to comment for obvious reasons but did Murcar this week not prove the problem that Trump and, worse, potentially RA might have next month with the haar? Never understood why Trump built his Course there for precisely that reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's horses for courses. Loch Lomond is stunning but it's shite in the wet and it's a lot more likely to be wet there than RA. No easy answers I know.

Paul,

You may not wish to comment for obvious reasons but did Murcar this week not prove the problem that Trump and, worse, potentially RA might have next month with the haar? Never understood why Trump built his Course there for precisely that reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's horses for courses. Loch Lomond is stunning but it's shite in the wet and it's a lot more likely to be wet there than RA. No easy answers I know.

Is a retractable roof a viable option for Trump's course?

He seems to have done it with his heid.