Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Interesting happenings today, as if yesterday's weren't enough.

If HMRC decide THEY will put Rangers into administration, whole new ball game, they appoint their team of administrators, and not Ranger's prefered team.

Rangers could be finished much sooner then we thought :checkit:

Surely rangers will now jump gun and go into voluntary admin today before hmrc can do anything?

And what difference would it make? I assume it means Rangers cannot now back out?

All those who saw it as a tactical ploy by Whyte to negotiate have now clearly been shot down - they are going into administration whether he likes it or not.

Surely the administrator has to do what is in the best interests of the creditors though? Rangers FC have an almost guaranteed income of

I was under the impression that Ibrox causes a bit of problem for Whyte. As a listed building, there's not too much you can do with Ibrox surely? Who'd want to buy it?

You could rent to a football club.

They could even play in red, white and blue.

If Whyte is really in it for himself, he could sell it for flats - it's just the facade that would need to remain I think?

The only reason they'd let HMRC appoint administrators even though Rangers have already started the process is if the court is persuaded by HMRC that Rangers are dodgy-brothers-incorporated.

I'd imagine (but am purely guessing) that that WOULD mean things would be much more... immediately bad for Rangers.

That said, I'd be surprised (and actually think it would be wrong... yeah I know that'll be popular) for the court to overrule Rangers and let HMRC appoint administrators. The whole point of administration is NOT to wind up a place but find a way to keep it going if possible and only if not possible, to get an orderly wind up happening.

Absolutely crazy times though.

So like I said in the QotS thread... I hope I wake up to hearing about how we whupped them and how HMRC on the steps announced their administrators are moving in with orders to find the best way to clear the creditors and wind em up. :crossfingers:

Well as I've said before, if it comes to it & Aberdeen as a club vote in any way in favour, or to protect this vermin filled club from the full punishment they deserve, then I am done with Aberdeen fc.

Same goes for the SPL if they back them, I'm done with all things SPL & also if the SFA back them or protect them, then I'm done with the Scottish National team as well. All things Scottish football will be dead to me.

Be nice to see all clubs giving a show of togetherness on this & have some banners displayed over the weekend to say that we'll not accept any support or backing from our clubs bosses towards this scum.

I wouldn't pull a drowning pheadophile out of a river to help, so cannot accept that we should lend these cunts any kind of assistance either.

Throw them a lead life jacket

The only reason they'd let HMRC appoint administrators even though Rangers have already started the process is if the court is persuaded by HMRC that Rangers are dodgy-brothers-incorporated.

I'd imagine (but am purely guessing) that that WOULD mean things would be much more... immediately bad for Rangers.

That said, I'd be surprised (and actually think it would be wrong... yeah I know that'll be popular) for the court to overrule Rangers and let HMRC appoint administrators. The whole point of administration is NOT to wind up a place but find a way to keep it going if possible and only if not possible, to get an orderly wind up happening.

Absolutely crazy times though.

So like I said in the QotS thread... I hope I wake up to hearing about how we whupped them and how HMRC on the steps announced their administrators are moving in with orders to find the best way to clear the creditors and wind em up. :crossfingers:

Rangers haven't yet filed themselves for administration, only put in the prep work

HMRC have filed for administration, the hearing is going on right now

If HMRC get their way, which they will because of the mess of Rangers books then they will be allowed to appoint their own administrator.

Looks like Whyte's move last night has resulted in a check mate from HMRC. They've learned their lessons from the Portsmouth fiasco 2 years ago and they won't let it happen again.

Rangers haven't yet filed themselves for administration, only put in the prep work

HMRC have filed for administration, the hearing is going on right now

If HMRC get their way, which they will because of the mess of Rangers books then they will be allowed to appoint their own administrator.

Looks like Whyte's move last night has resulted in a check mate from HMRC. They've learned their lessons from the Portsmouth fiasco 2 years ago and they won't let it happen again.

Yeah I know that it's just the intention to... I'm guessing HMRC are doing this at least partially too, because of *their* past history with the wide-boy Whyte. Not trusting as far as they could throw him and all.

Amazing stuff. AMAZING.

I thought administration likely... but not this amazing firestorm with it.

We are in a worrisome spot here. The SPL being it's own "thing" could quite feasably decide to vote to let NewHunFC back in immediately.

Would they really be so stupid? :tumbleweed:

I doubt it could even be voted on nor if it would be legal if it was. The first thing that would happen is the 2nd club in L1 would challenge it, they'd be due a promotion to fill the vacant spot. Then the SFL would calling it... if they tried it the SFL could then play hard ball and refuse to let them even join L3. They would argue that it wouldn't be fair for clubs in the junior leagues etc for any club to be given an automatic spot in the league set up.

They will be treated the same way as Airdrie and Livingston was.

HMRC to ask court to put Rangers into administration

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is set to ask the Court of Session to put Rangers Football Club into administration.

The legal move counters the club's bid on Monday to file for protection against its creditors.

The papers served on behalf of Rangers directors would give the club 10 days to resolve its differences with HMRC.

However, the response from HMRC suggests it is seeking to take charge of events. The court hearing is set to take place on Tuesday morning.

:lolrangers:

huns

I wonder who they will be as CW surely can't be permitted to do anything other than slink away (with or without the ticketus money).

Not our problem.

I wonder if the Cowdenbeath scenario is now being warmed up.

Possibly.

Our lease runs out on Central Park, next season.

The council are dragging their heels on a new stadium.

There's fuck all funding for a new stadium.

We look certs for promotion to the 1st.

Only 1 season for Cowdenbeath Rangers until they're back in the top league.

Hun cunts.

:(

Possibly.

Our lease runs out on Central Park, next season.

The council are dragging their heels on a new stadium.

There's fuck all funding for a new stadium.

We look certs for promotion to the 1st.

Only 1 season for Cowdenbeath Rangers until they're back in the top league.

Hun cunts.

:(

Eh? Yer two favourite teams becoming one, and ye dinna like that?

I doubt it could even be voted on nor if it would be legal if it was. The first thing that would happen is the 2nd club in L1 would challenge it, they'd be due a promotion to fill the vacant spot. Then the SFL would calling it... if they tried it the SFL could then play hard ball and refuse to let them even join L3. They would argue that it wouldn't be fair for clubs in the junior leagues etc for any club to be given an automatic spot in the league set up.

They will be treated the same way as Airdrie and Livingston was.

Except remember we're talking a club here and the members of the club being entitled to vote someone in. The SPL can let whomever they want in. We benefited from that when they came up with the "your ground isn't suitable" excuse to stop us getting relegated after all.

It's only when you're talking relegation/promotion or other aspects of football outside the SPL itself that they *have* to work with the SFL.

One real sanction would be if the rest of the teams went via the SFA to vote to prevent SPL teams from being the representatives for Europe but the voting system is rigged such that I don't think that would work either given the 1st/2nd/3rd division teams votes count for jackshit cf the SPL teams and I don't think more than a couple of the SPL teams would vote against the rest of them.

Anyway, we'll see...

Oh, but I agree 100% that any NewBlueScumFC should be treated exactly the same as any other dead team.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I just can't see it.

A lot of people said they were too big for this to happen to them in the first place.

HMRC are saying they are trading while insolvent. They will be closed down, wound up if they get their way.

There is no way, no how any club could walk into the SPL without going through the SFL in the first place and there is no way the lower league clubs would ever allow it. QotS, Clyde, Airdrie, Brechin, Peterhead etc have no vested interest in Rangers being in the SPL, they would however benefit from a Govan Utd situation that took 3000 fans to every L3 ground and then working their way up through the ranks again. Just like the SPL won't be the turkey's that vote for christmas when it comes to setting up a league without the OF when they made all the noise about leaving the clubs in L3, L2 and L1 will not vote for less income from a new club and thats if they even allow them back into the league set up.