Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

To be honest good on Aberdeen getting Man Utd, can't see them selling out the stadium for any other club in the UK and will be a nice little payday for Simmy.

As someone said the match wasnt sold out until the last week so anyone wanting a ticket would have had the chance to get.

I'd imagine the AFC support will still out number the gloryhunters anyways.

It's weird watching it on MUTV as they never mention the names of the Aberdeen players, only the Man Utd players.

Anyone else notice that when the game kicked off the teams were "Aberdeen v Manchester United" on the screen, the same again fter 20 minutes, after the goal it said "Aberdeen 1 v 0 Mnchester United" but at half time they chaged in to "Aberdeen 1 v 0 Manchester United XI ". the commentators seem embarrassed that they are getting beat off a Scottish pub team.

It's weird watching it on MUTV as they never mention the names of the Aberdeen players, only the Man Utd players.

Anyone else notice that when the game kicked off the teams were "Aberdeen v Manchester United" on the screen, the same again fter 20 minutes, after the goal it said "Aberdeen 1 v 0 Mnchester United" but at half time they chaged in to "Aberdeen 1 v 0 Manchester United XI ". the commentators seem embarrassed that they are getting beat off a Scottish pub team.

Presumably because they'll be putting on guys who don't actually play for United these days, so it's not technically Manchester Utd in the second half.

So that means we've just beaten Manchester United :)

• Upvote 1

Presumably because they'll be putting on guys who don't actually play for United these days, so it's not technically Manchester Utd in the second half.

So that means we've just beaten Manchester United :)

By the same token we'll surely be putting on guys who don't play for us in the second half so Aberdeen XI 1 v 0 Manchester United XI would have been a more accurate description.

By the same token we'll surely be putting on guys who don't play for us in the second half so Aberdeen XI 1 v 0 Manchester United XI would have been a more accurate description.

Yeah, I considered that, and figured Man U don't know or particularly care who we're taking off and putting on.

Did it finish it 1-0?

The Aberdeen v Man Utd half did.

Now it's Aberdeen v Man Utd XI.

Cannae wait for Rougvie to come on. Absolute hero of mine when I was a loon.

Hopefully we'll see some Mick Millsesque repeat from the great man :thumbs: