Spiken Sh*t

Guest SS RED

Eggs actly.

Is this some sort of yoke?

It's making my blood boil.

We shouldn't scramble in the transfer market for players of this skill unless we can shell him on for a profit.

I wonder if he'll be poached from us mid season.

Eggsactly what I was thinking, sick of hearing them.

:rolleyes:

Looks like you've been well and truly knocked off your perch.

I mite let you off with that.

Right lads, give it a rest, the troops have already said they're sick of all this pun nonsense.

Yet you continue to rattle them out, ten to the dozen.

Ten to the dozen isn't bird or egg related.

It's nineteen to the dozen anyway. :dc:

When going nineteen to the dozen something or someone is going at breakneck speed. It goes back to the time of the Cornish tin and copper mines. These mines were often hit by floods. In the 18th century coal powered, steam driven pumps were installed to clear the water. When working maximally the pumps could clear nineteen thousand gallons of water for every twelve bushels of coal.

Ten to the dozen isn't bird or egg related.

It's nineteen to the dozen anyway. :dc:

When going nineteen to the dozen something or someone is going at breakneck speed. It goes back to the time of the Cornish tin and copper mines. These mines were often hit by floods. In the 18th century coal powered, steam driven pumps were installed to clear the water. When working maximally the pumps could clear nineteen thousand gallons of water for every twelve bushels of coal.

Ten to the dozen," means something going at a cracking pace. It originated during the 18th century and referred to the pumps used in the mines at Cornwall, England. The original phrase was "nineteen to the dozen," which was changed with time and usage as nineteen to the dozen sounded just plain stupid.

Ten to the dozen," means something going at a cracking pace. It originated during the 18th century and referred to the pumps used in the mines at Cornwall, England. The original phrase was "nineteen to the dozen," which was changed with time and usage as nineteen to the dozen sounded just plain stupid.

So it's 19 to the dozen then?

10 to the dozen in that context actually means it's going almost half as slow. :dc:

Do coop up.