You are comparing a Brazil friendly put on by a promoter to raise cash - which was almost cancelled at the last minute then played at a pedestrian pace with the first game between the Nigels and Scotland for 14 years?

The last couple of times I have watched the guffs they have looked average. Scotland have looked awful every time I have watched them in the last few years, the Croatia game being the exception where they were at least organised. Because Scotland will certainly raise their game and have a noisy support (20,000 tickets officially, probably 40,000+ Scots in the stadium) I think it is fairly evenly matched. Scotland will sneak it. 2-1.

Despite the sickening mal-management of Scottish football over the last twenty odd years, the guffs are no further ahead of us than they were 14 years ago when we played them off the park and beat them 1-0 down there.

You are comparing a Brazil friendly put on by a promoter to raise cash - which was almost cancelled at the last minute then played at a pedestrian pace with the first game between the Nigels and Scotland for 14 years?

Yes, I am. Both were friendlies and it was the first time England have played Brazil in the Maracana since 1984. I'd say the promoters involved will make a helluva lot of money from the England vs Scotland friendly too!

Despite the sickening mal-management of Scottish football over the last twenty odd years, the guffs are no further ahead of us than they were 14 years ago when we played them off the park and beat them 1-0 down there.

The English haven't progressed, but we have certainly regressed. Last time we played England we were a two-legged play-off away from qualifying for a major tournament. These days, we're second bottom of our qualification group - 11 points behind the 2nd-placed play-off team - and we've not long been pumped home and away by the Rugby nation of Wales.

Very different games and incomparable. From what I read in the papers the game isn't independently promoted a la the last trip to London for Scotland v Brazil, but is being hosted by the FA as part of their 150 year celebrations. I don't think anyone is considering it a friendly either - which will be noticeable in the lack of withdrawals.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the best place to look for a ticket for this game?

I'll be in London on the 14th and wouldn't mind going just for the crack even though I don't care so much for international football.

I take it ebay is a no-go due to their policy of no football tickets allowed to be sold.

Anyone got a ticket spare by any chance?

Where is the best place to look for a ticket for this game?

I'll be in London on the 14th and wouldn't mind going just for the crack even though I don't care so much for international football.

I take it ebay is a no-go due to their policy of no football tickets allowed to be sold.

Anyone got a ticket spare by any chance?

There'll be spares on the day in the bars and that but failing that many outlets on line but will be paying over face value - like viagogo.

There'll be spares on the day in the bars and that but failing that many outlets on line but will be paying over face value - like viagogo.

Never heard of viagogo. I'll have a look at that. Cheers min.

I'm not really bothered what end I end up in. In with the guffs of the jocks. Doesn't bother me at all.

Have you watched England play recently?

SOTR predictions have been as bad as Boofoons lately so I'm chuffed he's backing the guffs :whistling:

i would say its obvious that england are lightyears ahead of us.

twenty years ago we could maybe hold our own.

I'm sure I watched Scotland beat England at Wembley 15 years ago, not 20...they held their own that day and should have won by more to qualify for Euro 2000.

I remember this game because it was the last time I really had an interest in Scottish national side.

dinna get smart with me berty.

if you think scotland have been a rival for england more recently than approx 20 years ago then fine.

we'll leave it at that.

As stated in the past if you speak pish - I'll point it out.

14 years is not 20 years.

England 0 Scotland 1 - 1999. 14 years ago...so clearly it was a rivalry that day.

Ya tulip.

nah min. you think yer being smart but its a case of wading in first without seeing the bigger picture.

nae surprises there.

my point wasnt simply a factuality based statement it was more than that, its was critique and synopsis of the current malaiase within the national game; a demise which started circa 20 years ago.

you widna have got that though cause you were still in nappies then.

England are only going to get worse, their u21's? psycho pearce side was utter shite. the english yoof have no interest in playing for their country as was proven in the summer and this will soon filter through to the national team in the coming years. club wins every time.

even the epl probably has more foreigners in it than any other major european league.

they'll win nothing with tom cleverlys and josh mceachrrachans.

only one way to go for scotland and that's up!