England are only going to get worse, their u21's? psycho pearce side was utter shite. the english yoof have no interest in playing for their country as was proven in the summer and this will soon filter through to the national team in the coming years. club wins every time.

even the epl probably has more foreigners in it than any other major european league.

they'll win nothing with tom cleverlys and josh mceachrrachans.

only one way to go for scotland and that's up!

Because Scotland has a list of english & old firm players that would run through brick walls to play for Scotland.

20,000 tickets but how many fans will manage to buy tickets?

Last I heard we had only sold 18,000 tickets and that was even when they wefre on sale to all SSC members, even those on 0 points. Maybe a few more have been sold since. Will find out soon though, as using my sister in laws number to get a ticket for someone else.

Looking forward to it now, really hope we can do something.

Last I heard we had only sold 18,000 tickets and that was even when they wefre on sale to all SSC members, even those on 0 points. Maybe a few more have been sold since. Will find out soon though, as using my sister in laws number to get a ticket for someone else.

Looking forward to it now, really hope we can do something.

I think they have sold 18,000 out of allocated 20,000 because not all SSC members can be arsed or just cannot make it. I think SSC membership is down at about 22,000 just now.

A lot of Scotland fans, probably about about another 7-10,000 who are not SSC members will make the effort to get to Wembley. Although even though the match itself is not high risk the security is pretty tight down there and a lot of folk will not want the hassle.

Wembley is pretty good and it should be a good atmosphere and I for one am looking forward to it

I think they have sold 18,000 out of allocated 20,000 because not all SSC members can be arsed or just cannot make it. I think SSC membership is down at about 22,000 just now.

A lot of Scotland fans, probably about about another 7-10,000 who are not SSC members will make the effort to get to Wembley. Although even though the match itself is not high risk the security is pretty tight down there and a lot of folk will not want the hassle.

Wembley is pretty good and it should be a good atmosphere and I for one am looking forward to it

Aye there will obv be loads that aren't members that head down, looking for a ticket. I am now trying to get 2 anyway, as forgot I had promised another mate I would try and get him one too. Wouldn't fancy having to go in the guff end, think it will be quite a hostile atmosphere, especially if if you were in there in your kilt etc.

Nah, the SSC is still "full" at 35,000 members.

Yup, they are claiming this to be the case, seen it on the website today.

Aye there will obv be loads that aren't members that head down, looking for a ticket. I am now trying to get 2 anyway, as forgot I had promised another mate I would try and get him one too. Wouldn't fancy having to go in the guff end, think it will be quite a hostile atmosphere, especially if if you were in there in your kilt etc.

Yup, they are claiming this to be the case, seen it on the website today.

Why would you wear a kilt at a fitba match? :popcorn:

Anyway the English FA site says anyone spotted trying to get in the England end with Scottish colours will be refused entry.

http://ticketing.thefa.com/

Any attempt to gain access to Wembley Stadium in any area of the ground other than the dedicated Scottish supporter area, wearing the colours of the Scottish team, may result in admission being refused and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered.

So don't wear a navy blue Lyle and Scott cardigan. :drool:

Why would you wear a kilt at a fitba match? :popcorn: Anyway the English FA site says anyone spotted trying to get in the England end with Scottish colours will be refused entry. http://ticketing.thefa.com/ Any attempt to gain access to Wembley Stadium in any area of the ground other than the dedicated Scottish supporter area, wearing the colours of the Scottish team, may result in admission being refused and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered. So don't wear a navy blue Lyle and Scott cardigan. :drool:

To make it easier to pish all over London/Wembley.

• Upvote 2

Why would you wear a kilt at a fitba match? :popcorn:

Anyway the English FA site says anyone spotted trying to get in the England end with Scottish colours will be refused entry.

http://ticketing.thefa.com/

Any attempt to gain access to Wembley Stadium in any area of the ground other than the dedicated Scottish supporter area, wearing the colours of the Scottish team, may result in admission being refused and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered.

So don't wear a navy blue Lyle and Scott cardigan. :drool:

I know, its a rubbish brand.

STV is to show the first England v Scotland international in 14 years live on air and online.

The Auld Enemy are due to clash at Wembley on Wednesday August 14 and we will bring you dedicated coverage of the game.
Raman Bhardwaj will be joined by special guests Paul Lambert and Terry Butcher for our match preview ahead of the game, which will be on air and on the STV website from 7.30pm ahead of an 8pm kick-off, as well as for half-time and post-game analysis.
Derek Rae and Alan Brazil will have commentary of the game, with Keith Downie providing reporting direct from the trackside at Wembley.
STV will also be bringing you extensive online coverage in the days building up to the game, looking back at classic games and looking at where the game can be won and lost.
Scotland last faced their rivals in 1999 during a qualification play-off for Euro 2000. Craig Brown's men claimed a 1-0 victory at Wembley through Don Hutchison's goal but couldn't claw back a 2-0 deficit suffered at Hampden days earlier.
STV sports presenter Raman Bhardwaj said: ''Scotland against England is one of the oldest rivalries in international football and I'm delighted the match will be live on STV.
"We'll bring viewers every piece of the action along with all the analysis before, during and after the friendly - although I’m not sure there is ever such a thing when Scotland and England face each other on the pitch."
Paul Lambert, a former Scotland captain, won 40 caps for his country in a career which saw him lift the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund in 1997.
He went on to win four league titles, two Scottish Cups and two League Cups in seven years with Celtic before leaving the club in 2005 and going into management at Livingston.
Lambert worked his way up in the dugout and is now in charge at English Premier League side Aston Villa.
Another former captain of his country, Terry Butcher won 77 caps for England before also going into management, where he currently finds himself with Scottish top flight side Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
Butcher also spent time on the coaching staff with the Scottish national side after spells with Coventry, Sunderland, Motherwell, Sydney and Brentford.
Derek Rae began his career as a commentator at the age of 15 and has worked for the BBC and FIFA before moving to ESPN.
Rae has commentated on the game at the highest level over the past few decades, covering World Cups and European Championships. He was also our main man for our coverage of Celtic v Juventus in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League earlier this year.
Former Scotland player Brazil enjoyed a 13-year playing career and is a UEFA Cup winner, lifting the trophy with Ipswich Town in 1981. The forward played for seven English clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United and also played in the USA, Australia and Switzerland.
Since 2001, Brazil has been a recognisable radio voice as a presenter with talkSPORT where he hosts the station’s flagship breakfast show.

STV is to show the first England v Scotland international in 14 years live on air and online.

The Auld Enemy are due to clash at Wembley on Wednesday August 14 and we will bring you dedicated coverage of the game.
Raman Bhardwaj will be joined by special guests Paul Lambert and Terry Butcher for our match preview ahead of the game, which will be on air and on the STV website from 7.30pm ahead of an 8pm kick-off, as well as for half-time and post-game analysis.
Derek Rae and Alan Brazil will have commentary of the game, with Keith Downie providing reporting direct from the trackside at Wembley.
STV will also be bringing you extensive online coverage in the days building up to the game, looking back at classic games and looking at where the game can be won and lost.
Scotland last faced their rivals in 1999 during a qualification play-off for Euro 2000. Craig Brown's men claimed a 1-0 victory at Wembley through Don Hutchison's goal but couldn't claw back a 2-0 deficit suffered at Hampden days earlier.
STV sports presenter Raman Bhardwaj said: ''Scotland against England is one of the oldest rivalries in international football and I'm delighted the match will be live on STV.
"We'll bring viewers every piece of the action along with all the analysis before, during and after the friendly - although I’m not sure there is ever such a thing when Scotland and England face each other on the pitch."
Paul Lambert, a former Scotland captain, won 40 caps for his country in a career which saw him lift the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund in 1997.
He went on to win four league titles, two Scottish Cups and two League Cups in seven years with Celtic before leaving the club in 2005 and going into management at Livingston.
Lambert worked his way up in the dugout and is now in charge at English Premier League side Aston Villa.
Another former captain of his country, Terry Butcher won 77 caps for England before also going into management, where he currently finds himself with Scottish top flight side Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
Butcher also spent time on the coaching staff with the Scottish national side after spells with Coventry, Sunderland, Motherwell, Sydney and Brentford.
Derek Rae began his career as a commentator at the age of 15 and has worked for the BBC and FIFA before moving to ESPN.
Rae has commentated on the game at the highest level over the past few decades, covering World Cups and European Championships. He was also our main man for our coverage of Celtic v Juventus in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League earlier this year.
Former Scotland player Brazil enjoyed a 13-year playing career and is a UEFA Cup winner, lifting the trophy with Ipswich Town in 1981. The forward played for seven English clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United and also played in the USA, Australia and Switzerland.
Since 2001, Brazil has been a recognisable radio voice as a presenter with talkSPORT where he hosts the station’s flagship breakfast show.

That cunt's barely comprehensible at 7am, he'll be a slavering drunken wreck by ko time. Should be good viewing.

Doubler

• 2 weeks later...

Tartan Army seem to be seeing this as the game of their lives whereas most of the English players will just be trying not to get injured cause the EPL starts the weekend straight after.

its a friendly.

scotland care cause we have a chip on our shoulder about england.

england dont care cause we're shite and a victory in a friendly woinna change that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's the oldest rivalry in football don't talk it down bluto. Scotland aren't what we were but I'll still be watching. Hopefully the Calcutta Cup remains at Hampden. Will be an awesome trip for those going. 30,000 odd Scotland fans taking the piss in london all day.