Experiments With Food

They never gied us that funcy shite at Woolmanhill when we got the clap in my day. A forthright injection in the arse and a "dinna come back again". Piece o piss. I was back six weeks later. There was a hooring rash o it all oer Eberdeen back then. Gonner-reeah it wiz. Nae fine.

Thats my chunces fucked wi giein LGIR a severe seeing to.

My problem is dental at least thats what I telt the wife

They never gied us that funcy shite at Woolmanhill when we got the clap in my day. A forthright injection in the arse and a "dinna come back again". Piece o piss. I was back six weeks later. There was a hooring rash o it all oer Eberdeen back then. Gonner-reeah it wiz. Nae fine.

Thats my chunces fucked wi giein LGIR a severe seeing to.

surely this was satisfactorily dealt with at the time? and couldn't be seen as an obstacle, hindering your future car-park fumbles? :sheepdance:

• 4 weeks later...

salted caramel chocolate cheesecake. found this in the back of a magazine the other week and thought i'd give it a go. incredibly good. and easy. the most time-consuming/difficult part is making the caramel sauce (the magazine called for store bought in a jar, but i like the homemade better). if you can do that.. you're home-free :sheepdance:

229296_500x500_R.jpg

oooooooh that looks fiiiiiiiine :thumbup1:

yesterday i made home made scotch eggs for dinner.

affa affa fine.

i was speaking about Scotch eggs with someone just the other day! i'd had my first ever the night before and loved them. they seem the perfect lunch food.. full of protein and just pop one or two into my purse on the way out the door. so i'm going to give them a try.

do you use just sausage meat in yours? or a combination of mince and pork fat? is there a recipe you could point me to that you know works well? i'd love to give them a try.

i was speaking about Scotch eggs with someone just the other day! i'd had my first ever the night before and loved them. they seem the perfect lunch food.. full of protein and just pop one or two into my purse on the way out the door. so i'm going to give them a try.

do you use just sausage meat in yours? or a combination of mince and pork fat? is there a recipe you could point me to that you know works well? i'd love to give them a try.

mine were full of grease and oil :)

i just made it up as i went along.

soft boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat. then breadcrumbs and deep fried for a few mins.

i dare say on the web there will be a gourmet recipe somewhere.

the finest i have had were in heston blumenthals pub. quail eggs i think they were.

mine were full of grease and oil :)

i just made it up as i went along.

soft boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat. then breadcrumbs and deep fried for a few mins.

i dare say on the web there will be a gourmet recipe somewhere.

the finest i have had were in heston blumenthals pub. quail eggs i think they were.

i'll give this one a try then. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/31/how-to-cook-the-perfect-scotch-egg/print

• 2 weeks later...

something that looked good so i gave it a try. cos who doesn't love a bundt cake? :sheepdance:

a white bean cake. with a meringue frosting and toasted coconut. it tastes okay. and is dense and has a nice crumb. but my son's girlfriend and i both agreed something was missing. so i made a Galliano syrup and soaked a piece in a bit of that. much improved! :thumbup1:

IMG_7227.jpgIMG_0596.jpg

it didn't kill you i assume? :thumbup1: how was it? and did it take much longer than grilling or poaching would have taken?

I did it for 2hrs but think you can do it for less (think about 1hr) just in a rice cooker on keep warm. It really was amazing, almost the texture of smoked salmon and very fresh tasting can see from the pic was bright red still not all pale like poaching. The white bits on it was because I poured boiling water over at the start so made a bit of an arse of it.

The mash was with mushroom, garlic and spinach (just left over dross really).

I'm not into sweet stuff that much but that cake looks magic. That and coffee. thumbup1.gif

Aye eggs are much harder than the dates give credit for, especially if you keep em in the fridge.

Less salubrious scran just now... on pringles and beer. lol.gif

Got a load of new "cookbook"s. Mental 1000+ page ens some maybe a bit too much (Larousse, just like a crazy cooking dictionary, might grow on me...) but can really recommend the latest version of The Silver Spoon. Mainly itallian but is the daddy of it, plus touches on some non itallian. Also got The Professional Pastry Chef which is fully mental (gonna give it to my gf who is a pro though). 1080 recipes (spanish stuff) is pretty good actually but no pictures and Vefa's Kitchen (greek stuff) like The Silver Spoon is pretty magic.

So basically if you're looking for a serious cook book have a look at The Silver Spoon if you like itallian or Vefa's Kitchen if you prefer greek (admittedly similar). Both great books though. Larousse is french and if you have a really good idea of what you want to do is great (also good for wine regions etc) but takes a serous amount of effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a load of new "cookbook"s. Mental 1000+ page ens some maybe a bit too much (Larousse, just like a crazy cooking dictionary, might grow on me...) but can really recommend the latest version of The Silver Spoon. Mainly itallian but is the daddy of it, plus touches on some non itallian. Also got The Professional Pastry Chef which is fully mental (gonna give it to my gf who is a pro though). 1080 recipes (spanish stuff) is pretty good actually but no pictures and Vefa's Kitchen (greek stuff) like The Silver Spoon is pretty magic.

So basically if you're looking for a serious cook book have a look at The Silver Spoon if you like itallian or Vefa's Kitchen if you prefer greek (admittedly similar). Both great books though. Larousse is french and if you have a really good idea of what you want to do is great (also good for wine regions etc) but takes a serous amount of effort.

i have the Larousse as well. a great reference book. but don't tend to turn to it very often. if you want to get into some French cooking, i'd suggest Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking -- it's a classic for good reason. :thumbup1: