Experiments With Food

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigella gets it perfectly right with a chocolate olive oil cake. I don't think I'll ever make another kind of chocolate cake!

Great crumb. Incredibly chocolatey, and more so when I added a dark chocolate ganache. I imagine the cake is as good with just powdered sugar sprinkled on top, as she did. Quick and easy to make. Nothing much can go wrong with it. If you've never been much of a baker, but love chocolate.. give it a whack. :thumbup1:

599186_10151338049277341_288400916_n_zps

The only experimenting with food you do is turning on the chip pan at 2am and seeing how long you can stay awake while you wait for it to heat up.

Those who own a chip pan or deep fat fryer are morons.

Those who use them are fucking morons.

a bit harsh, no? everything in moderation, and some more than others. I'd argue there's nothing wrong with deep frying some foods, as long as you didn't do/eat it very often.

The only experimenting with food you do is turning on the chip pan at 2am and seeing how long you can stay awake while you wait for it to heat up.

Those who own a chip pan or deep fat fryer are morons.

Those who use them are fucking morons.

Yeah like the moron who brought it up.

His diet will be ready meals and chip shop takeaways

Crofting mink that he is.

Nigella gets it perfectly right with a chocolate olive oil cake. I don't think I'll ever make another kind of chocolate cake!

Great crumb. Incredibly chocolatey, and more so when I added a dark chocolate ganache. I imagine the cake is as good with just powdered sugar sprinkled on top, as she did. Quick and easy to make. Nothing much can go wrong with it. If you've never been much of a baker, but love chocolate.. give it a whack. :thumbup1:

599186_10151338049277341_288400916_n_zps

Fucking hell that looks good!

I just had a load of diy chips and burger using my deep fat fryer. I accept I'm a simple country lad though.

I've experimented with giving up meat (not fish) for lent. Started badly, nut roast was horrible as was dahl. But some total sucess, cauliflower and broccoli cannelloni and kale olive and gruyere tart were two of the best. Canny wait to put a big sausage in my mouth on easter sunday! ;)

more power to you! :thumbup1: i could never give up gobbling sausage.

the kale, olive and gruyere tart sounds fantastic. a puff pastry tart? or with eggs in a regular tart shell?

the other vegan thing someone told me about is something called TVP -- textured vegetable protein. it looks sort of like granules of dried up ground meat. i got a container on spec, but haven't tried it yet. it seems to have a long shelf life, thankfully.

Fucking hell that looks good!

I just had a load of diy chips and burger using my deep fat fryer. I accept I'm a simple country lad though.

i think you've said before you're not a baker or that into sweets, but you could do this Dervish, and impress the hell out of your girlfriend. :trophy:

Are you fat LGIR?

no, just average i guess. i don't actually eat much of what i bake. i just enjoy baking. so bring it into the office, or give it to neighbours and friends. if that's what you're wondering. :rolleyes: besides, it's usually not so much about what you eat, so much as the portions. in this instance, smaller is better.

Are you fat LGIR?

no, just average i guess. i don't actually eat much of what i bake. i just enjoy baking. so bring it into the office, or give it to neighbours and friends. if that's what you're wondering. :rolleyes: besides, it's usually not so much about what you eat, so much as the portions. in this instance, smaller is better.

No offence intended, it's just that folk who are experts at cooking are usually blown off the bone in my experience.

Are you fat LGIR?

No offence intended, it's just that folk who are experts at cooking are usually blown off the bone in my experience.

no offence taken. i'm no expert. i'm pretty average in that respect as well i think.