Experiments With Food

Noooooo ruined. Can't believe you got that so quick! Hahaha thumbup1.gif (edit: forgot it's the silver spoon)

Anyways your gingersnap cheese cakes look really nice. Prefer little crisp things like that lately with a bit of crunch an nice flavors.

Sounds weird but lately like taking a part cooked baguette and slicing it thin and making little toasts from it (cheap and easy). Obviously with good with a bit of olive oil/garlic, minced olives, mini bruschetta or smoked salmon and dill etc but see when I have scrambled eggs now prefer a mount of eggs (often with smoked sausage through it and cheese) and loads of little toasts plus a dunt of butter then scoop on butter/eggs. Thinner bread plus it doesn't soak in.

Noooooo ruined. Can't believe you got that so quick! Hahaha thumbup1.gif (edit: forgot it's the silver spoon)

Anyways your gingersnap cheese cakes look really nice. Prefer little crisp things like that lately with a bit of crunch an nice flavors.

Sounds weird but lately like taking a part cooked baguette and slicing it thin and making little toasts from it (cheap and easy). Obviously with good with a bit of olive oil/garlic, minced olives, mini bruschetta or smoked salmon and dill etc but see when I have scrambled eggs now prefer a mount of eggs (often with smoked sausage through it and cheese) and loads of little toasts plus a dunt of butter then scoop on butter/eggs. Thinner bread plus it doesn't soak in.

not weird at all. i do that with any leftover baguette and toast trays of them in the oven with olive oil and a bit of salt. sometimes shards of parm. great for dipping in humus and salsas. :thumbup1:

you like to cook, bluto? :o

oh aye!

well im more of a monkey chef to be honest. the wife is the brains behind the operation.

food and drink. very impiortant to enjoy what you eat. its worth the time and effort, makes a huge difference to day to day living.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Bluto mate you're a man of many talents, they're among the last ingredients I'd have thought of for ice cream, doesn't sound too applealing to me but will be sublime if you've made it. :thumbup1:

im a real life keith floyd, me.

i take ingredients and meals to the next level, with me its kitchen alchemy.

Since I'm such a sad sack that takes pictures of shit I cook, teriyaki* steak:

8405883133_f5a37ca820_n.jpg

8405890955_a95d89f28c_n.jpg

8406999700_ce0ebf8606.jpg

Even tho I made a cunt of the presentation at the end tasted magic and piece of piss. Just ignore the sprinkly bits in the last pic, just a bit of dandruff. Just goes to show you can't beat a decent slab of meat in your moo.

1. Soy sauce
  2. Nae mirin so same amount of white wine (and a bit of white wine vinegar)
  3. Sugar... a dunt till it didn't taste ming.
  4. Boiled till like a syrup

• Downvote 1

8405883133_f5a37ca820_n.jpg

8405890955_a95d89f28c_n.jpg

8406999700_ce0ebf8606.jpg

Even tho I made a cunt of the presentation at the end tasted magic and piece of piss. Just ignore the sprinkly bits in the last pic, just a bit of dandruff. Just goes to show you can't beat a decent slab of meat in your moo.

1. Soy sauce

That looks really fine min, well done on that. That's how I would like it, well red in the middle, bet it was juicy as f**k. What kind of steak was it?

Aye used to all be proper shite, but they've got some "premium" stuff now (cheap chicken thighs and stuff like that too). Normally expensive (£4+) for one steak but it is pretty good* and cos they are that expensive tend be loads in the reduced bit (things matured for 28 days I'm sure one or two more won't hurt it haha).

EDIT: *Actually find it hard to think of one I've had better.

• Downvote 1

That sounds interesting. How did it turn out?

jury is out, im a little undecided.

the consistency and taste of it was perfect, just like proper gelateria stuff.

but personally the recipe was a little too avocado-ey for my liking. im a coconut flavour man and that was lost amonsgt the overpowering avocado.

will try for plain coconut flavour only this weekend probably.

1. Soy sauce

i had rib steaks on the bbq last night too. :P i'll give your teriyaki sauce a go this weekend! looks great!

jury is out, im a little undecided.

the consistency and taste of it was perfect, just like proper gelateria stuff.

but personally the recipe was a little too avocado-ey for my liking. im a coconut flavour man and that was lost amonsgt the overpowering avocado.

will try for plain coconut flavour only this weekend probably.

coconut ice cream is amazing. :cheers: (i like it best when i have a raspberry sorbet and a citrus sorbet or cream (my latest favourite being a key lime ice cream) to make a colourful trio. :sheepdance: but the coconut ice cream is the best part.)

i take it you've been making ice cream/sorbets a while? or was the avocado/coconut your first attempt? :)

coconut ice cream is amazing. :cheers: (i like it best when i have a raspberry sorbet and a citrus sorbet or cream (my latest favourite being a key lime ice cream) to make a colourful trio. :sheepdance: but the coconut ice cream is the best part.)

i take it you've been making ice cream/sorbets a while? or was the avocado/coconut your first attempt? :)

yep first ever attempt.

its easy stuff to do. just a pain having to wait for it to chill and tehn set.

youre one sounds good.

the coocunt and raspberry would be like a better version of raspberry ripple.

yep first ever attempt.

its easy stuff to do. just a pain having to wait for it to chill and tehn set.

youre one sounds good.

the coocunt and raspberry would be like a better version of raspberry ripple.

i haven't mixed them together, lol. i just make three separate kinds and serve them together.

but your idea would work. :itch-chin: and the coconut and lime mixed would be divine!

was it you that was going to purchase a Kitchenaid for your missus before Christmas? if so, and if you did, you can get an ice cream maker attachment for it that a friend said worked well (i just use the Donvier ones)

i haven't mixed them together, lol. i just make three separate kinds and serve them together.

but your idea would work. :itch-chin: and the coconut and lime mixed would be divine!

was it you that was going to purchase a Kitchenaid for your missus before Christmas? if so, and if you did, you can get an ice cream maker attachment for it that a friend said worked well (i just use the Donvier ones)

indeed. and the i.c. maker too.

thats what we used.

worked well i think.

coconut and lime, ill need to try that one.

i often go for a coconut and pistachio/after eight/mint combo when i go to the ice cream shops but i like the idea of lime.

i suppose you can serve them seperately and just mush them together yourself for teh desired ripple effect.

• Upvote 1