Gary Naysmith

Gary, who has played for his country 46 times, has willingly agreed to join Craig and the squad to provide cover in the left back position in the absence of Clark Robertson who is currently recovering from injury and will miss the start of the season.

'Cause we'd have taken him by force otherwise :dontknow:

Article doesn't give any indication as to whether he's just using it as an opportunity to keep fit or if a deal's is being worked on.

Sounds like a bit of a trial, bit of an opportunity for him to get some fitness.

Fine for all parties especially with Robertson out. If we are that thin on the ground though that we need a left back to come and cover throughout pre-season, then you know we really need one.

From the sound of Browns RedTV interview about Naysmith it sounds like he would be keen to add Gary to his squad. He said it's a short term thing but may end up as a longer term deal.

Hope so as Naysmith has great experience and would bolster our defence.

Good we've got him on a trial - his recent injury problems and age are why we can have a look at him. If he is better from the injuries and can still do a job he'd be a great signing but his track record for the last year or three is not inspiring. If he cuts the mustard in germany and comes away injury free then he's worth a contract.

Definitely worthwhile having onboard and really hopes it works out well.

Gary, who has played for his country 46 times, has willingly agreed to join Craig and the squad to provide cover in the left back position in the absence of Clark Robertson who is currently recovering from injury and will miss the start of the season.

The fact it mentions providing cover for Robertson at left back and then goes onto say Robertson will be missing at the start of the season makes me think that he may well be here for at least a short term deal. :dontknow:

crossfingers.gif he makes an impact preseason, but I have my doubts. Or we'll sign him and his legs will give way a couple months in.

:hysterical:

Haven't heard that word in ages. Used to call a lad I worked with that.

Clearly you weren't on yesterday. There's a thread basically been hijacked, can't remember what one it was with songs dedicated to our resident nonce. Big Man posted an article about a nonce on the run in Wick and then he started making suggestive comments about Ollie's loon.

Coincidence?