Roswell 1947

tup

Was it not largely brushed off in 1947 then reappeared a few years later?

I love reading these things, I've heard that this incident inspired the so called 'Area 51' and that itself makes some superb reading. I don't doubt there is aliens, it's extremely likely there is life in our universe. Wether it is intelligent enough to make contact is another matter. But there is a lot of secrecy from the US government re. Area 51, be amazing to know the truth

I've been looking into this in some of my recent reading.

Opinions please.

I dinna need anyone to explain it to me before anyone does, I ken the gist of it, I'm looking for personal interpretations of the existing information.

I don't believe for one second that aliens landed and were kept by the US government.

I do believe there is life on another planet but this one is pure fantasy.

If they had landed, crashed or otherwise, they'd have sent more than one craft and if that was not the case then sent another craft at a later date.

If the first attempt to land on the moon had crash landed they'd have had another pop at it.

Same goes for the Roswell "aliens".

Feel free to add it to the list of books you're posting out this week. :thumbs:

I believe it likely was, as stated in the 90s by the US Air Force, debris from the Project Mogul experiment. I just don't think it was anything more than that. I expect there are other beings out there.. but if they're that much more intelligent than humans on earth, I'm not sure why they'd bother with us. And if they're not, someone would have found them by now. :dontknow:

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul

I'm not finished the book yet.

Yes I'm aware that certain circuit board technologies were supposedly gleaned from the wreckage.

How to explain the Roswell newspaper running with the full story, only for the authorities to hastily change it to a 'weather balloon' days later?

Senior officials were involved in the denial which always means there's more to it.

How much more is the real question.

I'm not finished the book yet.

Yes I'm aware that certain circuit board technologies were supposedly gleaned from the wreckage.

How to explain the Roswell newspaper running with the full story, only for the authorities to hastily change it to a 'weather balloon' days later?

Senior officials were involved in the denial which always means there's more to it.

How much more is the real question.

No different to a newspaper report saying there is a space ship in the Norwegian Sea then changing the story to say it's an anti submarine unit.

As things are found out the initial headline often changes.

No different to a newspaper report saying there is a space ship in the Norwegian Sea then changing the story to say it's an anti submarine unit.

As things are found out the initial headline often changes.

Aye but they had eyewitness accounts in the paper.

There's no doubt it was not a weather balloon as the authorities claimed, this was simply the most convenient way of explaining it.

Those who did speak about it were the subject of all kinds of sinister attention by those same authorities.

There would have been no need for that if it was a weather balloon.

There's no doubt it was not a weather balloon as the authorities claimed, this was simply the most convenient way of explaining it.

Those who did speak about it were the subject of all kinds of sinister attention by those same authorities.

Aye but those hicks had probably never seen a bloody motorised car before never mind a funcy weather balloon, everything was damn aliens to them.

Get a hud of yersel for fuck sake.

Eyewitness accounts of what exactly?

Flying discs?

Dead aliens?

Remember what the eye sees isn't always what's actually in front of it.

Illusions

John Smeaton is testimony to that. His eyewitness testimony sums up what credence I give some hill billy redneck farmer in 1947 in Roswell.

You should read the "Moonwalking with Einstein" book I'm sending you. All about memory and how it can be used correctly.

Roswell aliens? Not a chance. Case closed Mulder. :sherlock:

I don't wish for this to degenerate into a debate on the merits or otherwise of Smeato's testimony, which was, in his own parlance, 'pure pish'.

I've studied the incident enough to know a cover-up was engineered from on high, a cover-up which persists to this day.

What I want to know is what you football supporters think in terms of what they were covering up?

I don't wish to be told to get a fucking grip of myself since I've come to the conclusion that something sinister took place already.

• Upvote 1

first of all, how do you know how aliens think?

secondly, how do you not know they didnt?

maybe the planet they were from, they were the only 2 lifeforms?

1. I don't. It's an educated guess. If a species had the technology to travel through the galaxy only to crash land on another planet it's safe to say they'd have another pop at it. Of course they might have decided not to but that's unlikely.

2. I have no idea what that actually means.

3. Really? Two aliens did all that shit just between the two of them? Built a space ship, launched it and travelled for millions of miles all on their own? Amazing. It's clear you're on a different planet. :nutso:

What do you think happened Millertime? I can see you're itching for a derail. Off you go.

I don't wish for this to degenerate into a debate on the merits or otherwise of Smeato's testimony, which was, in his own parlance, 'pure pish'.

I've studied the incident enough to know a cover-up was engineered from on high, a cover-up which persists to this day.

What I want to know is what you football supporters think in terms of what they were covering up?

I don't wish to be told to get a fucking grip of myself since I've come to the conclusion that something sinister took place already.

You're thread's fucked now Rutherglen's answer to Stephen Hawking is on it so I'm out.

It wasn't a cover up. LGIR has already explained to you what happened.

EDIT:

I'm in again.

What about Stalin creating ugly, deformed humans in Russian laboratories (hence aliens) who he then deliberately forced to crash in the desert in order to create hysteria in America and further his ambition for world supremacy?

And yes, some of them may have escaped and ended up at Ibrox but I've no wish to discuss that, this is a serious debate folks.

They crash landed and one of them moved to Rutherglen and got a job working for BT.

:sherlock:

It would explain insanely massive muscles and good looks he has.

What about Stalin creating ugly, deformed humans in Russian laboratories (hence aliens) who he then deliberately forced to crash in the desert in order to create hysteria in America and further his ambition for world supremacy?

Never knew your proper name was David.

220px-Fff5.jpg

haha no

my out of the box thinking is exactly whats required in these situations

itching for a de-rail?

what are you on about?

you cant try and fathom the rationalie of an alien species as it is, well, alien to us

for that reason, we have literally zero idea regarding how they would act in any situation at all

the very fact you so quickly poo-poo'd my theory that maybe they were the only 2 beings from their planet, is testament to this

how is it IMPOSSIBLE that those 2 valiant mo-fo's did it all on their own?

maybe their forms live for 3 million years?

maybe they just got so damned bored on their planet, sick of the sight of each other, SO sick of the sight of each other that it actually fostered a good team-working ethic and they achieved something which a mere mortal, such as yourself, thinks unachieveable

i dont know, thats the bottom line. but then, neither do you. only difference is, im not the one throwing definitives about

these threads NEED my lateral theories

Where did I say it was impossible?

I've done a fair bit of research into this myself, and the offical explanation of the time does indeeed make no sense at all.

What is NOW the official explanation makes a lot more sense. The balloon belonged to a highly secretive US spy programme called Project Mogul, only recently de-classified, designed to spy on the Japanese. The balloons were launched from the US Air Force base at Roswell and were supposed to drift over Japan, armed to the teeth with all manner of info-gathering gadgetry. These were no ordinary balloons either, they were hooring great silvery things that were about 60ft high and designed to float through the higher reaches of the atmosphere.

I'm fairly convinced that most sightings of unusual craft are in fact just secret 'black' projects dreamt up by the USAF. The 'UFO' stuff is really just a useful smokescreen, a deflection tactic designed to get the public engaged in conspiracy theories about ETs whilst the government quietly goes about the business of testing ever more radical military equipment.

The other point to bear in mind is that a lot of folk desperately WANT this pish to be true. In that sense a belief in aliens and UFOs has more in common with religious belief than with serious, scientific thought. Most UFO enthusiasts could see a frisbee coming over the garden wall and think they were about to receive a visitation from Alpha Centauri.